Author Topic: Backlaugust 2020 - Primed and Ready to clear some backlogs.  (Read 37370 times)

Offline PogueSquadron

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Backlaugust 2020 - Primed and Ready to clear some backlogs.
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2020, 11:28:44 PM »
I'm actually kind of of the opinion that King Of Cards is fun enough...but I would've rathered that Yacht Club have spent their time on something else over the past 5 years. I kind of would've rathered that they phoned in some extra campaigns and then put heir efforts into a new thing. I get they they want to fulfill their Kickstarter goals, but it's time to just move on already.

And in regards to Wario Land...I loved Wario Land! I thought the first one was so good, and I might be in the minority that I thought it was the best one. I thought the second game lost so much without th world map. I loved revisiting levels in the first game when the tide was low, or when something affected the levels in a unique way. I feel like the only other game to really do that was DKC Tropical Freeze. The first game capitalized on all the reasons I loved Super Mario World, to be honest!

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2020, 06:38:45 AM »
More and more people ahve been pulling me aside wanting to know how I'm going and what it's like going 4 days without seeing a credits reel. Gotta say, it's been hard. I'm really thinking of giving World of Tennis the flick, it's progression through the leagues makes so sense to me. I've been stuck in 'elite II' for ages now. I think I'm beginning to hate the game too.
For now though, I will endure, because the game I'm pairing it with, Ever Oasis, keeps getting better. I'm 17 hours in and expect to finsih in the next 6 or so. Great game. Should beat it before that slacker Pokepal who didn't even include my beating of Rayman on the 5th in his update.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2020, 07:33:13 AM »
Ok, I'm now on the desert divine beast, which is the first one I'm doing. The Wii U says I played it for a bit over 5 hours today. I made about as much progress as I was hoping.

The game is slower paced than I remember and it is very easy to get distracted with exploration or other things.

I had a bit of trouble with the Yiga Clan Hideout, I got spotted a bunch of times. You really have to do it without being seen at all because the enemies in there are very strong.

I'm not sure if I'm going to leave the divine beast and try to find some armor first. I'm still with the starting clothes.

The amiibo are very useful for getting supplies and decent weapons.

Speaking of Shovel Knight, I have it on Wii U, but haven't played it since before any of the DLC. I didn't like the game very much because I was bad at it. I didn't make very much progress.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 07:35:49 AM by Lemonade »

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2020, 10:01:40 PM »
Well, the desert divine beast is considered the "hardest" of the divine beasts because of the quests/progression you have to go through to get it. I also think it is the hardest boss on the dungeons but then it was the first one I played also and I just didn't have the fighting skill or armor attributes that I did by they time I got to some of the others. Still, it can be done. It just might take more time. I really did like the Gerudo region so it was disappointing later to find out that the other beasts didn't always have the same build-up to conquer them.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2020, 11:21:33 PM »
tfw I can't remember any of the divine beasts other than that sometimes they were laugho easy and othertimes excruciatingly hard.

Also, I beat Ever Oasis today.

UPDATE: Updating this post instead of replying to the thread again, I have updated my first post, adding Chase: Cold Case Investigations ~Distant Memories~, BoxBoxBoy, and The Starship Damrey to my list of games to finish off. Just to make things hard on our diligent thread updater.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 02:40:33 AM by RABicle »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2020, 03:16:03 AM »
I guess one might as well use this thread as a temporary "What was the last game you beat?" location. Wrapped up Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition over the weekend by finishing up the Extra Story content. So that is done and dusted from my backlog. And tonight I beat Yoshi's New Island for 3DS. Just have 3 extra/bonus levels to complete. So, rack up another couple for NWR.

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2020, 04:17:30 AM »
Sounds like you're trying to compete with me! I know it's not a competition, but I'm winning!

But for real just announce your intentions to clear off some other games here in this thread. Join the fun!

As for my progress, today I officially retire from World of Tennis. I was promoted to teh Elite III league and my elo ranking has now passed 2000 but I don't want anything more to do with this game. I think tehplayer skill cap tops out at level 20 and I'm level 17 so I mean, it's basically beaten right?

I've also started up BoxBoxBoy! to find that I already had a file with the first few world beaten. I am now up to World 7.

UPDATE: OH MY GOD I BOOTED UP BOXBOY + BOXGIRL AND FOUND I MY SAVE PROGRESS WAS RIGHT BEFORE THE LAST WORLD OF LEVELS! I HAVE NOW BEATEN THAT! YOU GUYS WILL NEVER CATCH ME!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 07:09:23 AM by RABicle »

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2020, 08:52:10 PM »
I have now viewed the end credits of both BoxBoxBoy and BoxBoy + BoxGirl. I am invincible.
I might have to slow down for a bit thought because tomorrow I have 2000 words due and a rent inspection.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2020, 07:14:30 AM »
BotW update. I got up to the boss of the desert Divine Beast and it is INCREDIBLY ANNOYING. I tried many times, but it kills me too easily. I'm leaving it for now and will come back to it when I have more hearts, right now I only have 5 of them.

I think for a while now I will just explore the map, heading north towards and bird people and look for shrines.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2020, 05:31:03 PM »
BotW update. I got up to the boss of the desert Divine Beast and it is INCREDIBLY ANNOYING. I tried many times, but it kills me too easily. I'm leaving it for now and will come back to it when I have more hearts, right now I only have 5 of them.

I think for a while now I will just explore the map, heading north towards and bird people and look for shrines.

I am re-playing on hero mode and got stuck at the same boss. If you think it is annoying now imagine it regaining health while you are trying to defeat it.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2020, 04:28:25 PM »
Regenerating health on enemies is a terrible idea

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2020, 07:18:05 PM »
I'll update the thread later tonight but for now I have Zero Mission capped off. Now to move on to Super Metroid.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2020, 02:38:21 AM »
I am now right at the boss door in Maridia in Super Metroid. I probably spent like two hours stuck in Maridia in the Wii U Virtual Console version but here I kind of just bumbled my way into progress almost immediately.

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2020, 09:46:08 AM »
Alright, you've had your chance. My assignment is submitted, rent inspection passed. There was a trip to Bunbury for a houseparty becuase we don't have any (significant) restrictions anymore and I'll be back on the games tomorrow. And I will finish a game tomorrow, and Tuesday and... hell I'll beat a game every day this week. It's going to be unprecedented. More and more people will talking about how incredible ability to finsih games, they may even call me the finisher.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2020, 04:22:13 PM »
BotW update. The flying Divine Beast has now been completed. The boss for that one was much easier.
A few more towers have been activated. I think I will try to do more shrines and before doing the volcano Divine Beast, but thats the direction Im going next.

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2020, 11:30:40 PM »
I have completed Chase: Cold Case Investigations ~Distant Memories~

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2020, 06:39:47 AM »
That wouldn't have taken long. Too bad its nowhere near as good as Cing's old gamew

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2020, 04:33:35 AM »
I have beaten the Starship Damrey. I now have longer games to go it seems. I may have to add some shorter titles to my list to keep up this incredible streak though.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2020, 09:48:49 PM »
Mega Man X (SNES). Currently at Sigma Stage 1 and hating it, sorta.

I edited the OP because I'm a boss and I used to run this place.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2020, 11:52:35 PM »
I have beaten CastlevaniaBloodstained: Curse of the Moon.
On casual.
One time.
Like a scrub.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2020, 02:24:47 AM »
Mega Man X (SNES). Currently at Sigma Stage 1 and hating it, sorta.

I edited the OP because I'm a boss and I used to run this place.

Having the Haduken helps so much with the Sigma fight.  It OHKOs his dog and all you really have to do at the beginning of the fight is stand there and do the input, iirc.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2020, 07:58:03 PM »
Started my (nuzlocke) run of Pokémon SoulSilver, I'm unreasonably miffed how they redesigned the player's house. They've added an extra rival character too. Wild how much I remember from this game, still. Picked Chikorita of course.
Almost lost my Lvl 2 Rattata to poison, but I guess there's a chance poison wears off now whilst walking around? Got lucky there.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2020, 08:56:04 PM »
So, I completed Yoshi's New Island last week. Beat the bonus levels and collected all the doo-dads and unlocked everything. And yesterday I finished off Kirby's Star Stacker from my 3DS VC. I beat all the Round Clear levels and unlocked the Insane level for Challenge and Time Attack to give Kirby a crown on the title screen. Set the high scores for those modes as well.

That makes 3 games now for this month: Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, Yoshi's New Island and Kirby's Star Stacker. Not sure why pokepal148 hasn't included them in the NWR section. Perhaps I need to pull a Lindy and edit in my stats to the OP as well. I'm about the only person here who's mounting any kind of challenge to RABicle's run so I will not be denied pokepal!!!

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2020, 01:00:41 AM »
And yesterday I finished off Kirby's Star Stacker from my 3DS VC. I beat all the Round Clear levels and unlocked the Insane level for Challenge and Time Attack to give Kirby a crown on the title screen. Set the high scores for those modes as well.

Excellent.  Nice to see more people experience the greatness that is Kirby's Star Stackers.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2020, 02:17:18 AM »
I guess there's a chance poison wears off now whilst walking around? Got lucky there.
I believe they will always cure at 1hp.