Author Topic: Favorite Zelda Moment  (Read 19332 times)

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
RE:Favorite Zelda Moments
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2006, 08:09:42 PM »
I remembered another. Entering the windmill in OoT and just sitting there listening to the windmill song for what seemed like an hour. I was thrilled when the tune reappeared in MM and Oracle of Ages.  

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Favorite Zelda Moments
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2006, 12:29:49 AM »
Man i agree with everything here, I bet we could actually list like a hundred "holyshit" moments and memorable moment things if we wanted too.  There were so many things that I've never seen in video games before "insert any zelda game here", whether it be Lttp's dungeon levels where u could fall thru to lower levels and such or OoT's stick burning.

Oh and my new Avatar gets to be put to use fairly well....

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2006, 02:02:15 AM »
My 3 favourite Zelda moments are all from Wind Waker:

3. Just sitting back and looking at the amazing scenery, it truly is awe-inspiring. Every other game looks broing in comparison.
2. Underwater Hyrule coming to life after pulling out the Master Sword.
1. The final fight with Ganondorf, absolutely my favourite boss fight ever.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2006, 04:43:42 AM »
" Oh yeah, remembered one. Spending 100 million hours staying up all night trying to get one heart piece in Majoras Mask where I had to Goron Roll to some place and bounce off treasure chests perfectly."
YES.  I LOVED that place <3

My favorite moments are (in no order):

1.  Final sequence in Wind Waker.  Seriously, best ending.  The puppet battle was the for serious final battle, Ganondorf's battle was there just for effect.  It was beautiful, and the last sequence was one of the most gorgeous and emotional Zelda scenes ever.  Win.
2.  Hyrule frozen in time in WW.  Especially cool since you KNEW you were eventually going to fight all those guys.
3.  Getting Epona for the first time.  That was exciting.
4.  Getting the transformation masks in MM.  ROOOOOOLL AROOOOUND.
5.  Final sequence in OoT.  All from opening the bridge to escaping the castle.  Breathtaking, especially climbing the staircase to Ganondorf's chamber.
6.  First getting OoT and watching the title screen.
7.  Opening the egg in Link's Awakening (plus the ending).  For some reason, when I did that I really felt that I had worked and earned my way to fight the boss.  I felt that everything I had done up to that point was significant, and for some reason the other games weren't really like that.
8.  Forest Temple in OoT.  Fantastic boss battle.
9.  Learning a new song an OoT.  Any new song.  That was an awesome feeling.
10.  Whole Temple of Time scene in OoT.  Getting sword, growing up, destruction of Hyrule, etc.
11.  Actually basically everything in OoT, as TP approaches I'm remembering how awesome that game is and how much it means to me auuugh deep emotional bond to a game i'm such a nerd
12.  Clock Town in MM.  Wow.  THE MOON, OMG.  THREE DAYS OMG.  GO GO GO.
13.  Just reading through some of these other ones.....yeah, hookshottin' in Kakariko was great fun.
14.  THE MUSIC.  This one wins over all the others.  ALL the music, especially OoT.  Zelda music will always be special to me, whenever I hear it I I just feel great.  There's just something magical about it.  Specifically, Gerudo Fortress, Zora's Domain, Dragon Roost Island, Ballad of the Windfish, that mountain in LA whose name escapes me, and then the obvious stuff like the main theme and stuff.

woah firefox 2 has spellcheck =ooo

Finally beating the second dungeon in Link's Awakening, after three years of being stuck not finding the master key (found it by coincidence one day).

That was a bitch.  That's the ONE part in LA that I HATE, and it totally ruins the dungeon for me.  You have to kill those damned enemies in the correct order.  How was little me supposed to figure that out ;___;  I ended up calling the now defunct Nintendo Help Line, and then got yelled at when my mom saw the phone bill =s

kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2006, 05:21:54 AM »
Hahahaha, the little "HEY YOU, THERE'S TREASURE HERE" tune plays when you go into the room, so it wasn't THAT hard to figure out...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2006, 05:22:11 AM »
"Opening the egg in Link's Awakening (plus the ending). For some reason, when I did that I really felt that I had worked and earned my way to fight the boss. I felt that everything I had done up to that point was significant, and for some reason the other games weren't really like that."

Oh yes.  It took me, altogether, about eight years to beat that game.  Three of them were spent being stuck on that one dungeon, but I still played it (I generally only played it on vacations, so that was another reason for it being spaced out) constantly, uncovering everything I could until I got that key.  And the day I finished it, I had gotten back from some short trip and I realized I was so close to the end that I couldn't stop.  Playing all those instruments, the Ballad of the Windfish (which is awesome), going through the maze in the egg, and finally fighting the Nightmare and what happened after.  I slipped into a sort of euphoria.  It stands as the single most magnificent moment of my gaming life, and not just because of the ending (which is great), but because I remembered everything I'd done to get there, all the hours I'd spent backtracking, spending two years carrying Bow-Wow around because I couldn't beat the second dungeon, all the enemies I'd fought, every magical experience you have in the game. . . it was just this cumulative eight years of gaming bliss.
I could rave about Link's Awakening until the sun went down.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2006, 06:37:51 AM »
"Finding out why Link's Awakening was titled that way"

I always assumed before I beat it that that title was a reference to Link waking up on the beach after being shipwrecked at the beginning of the game.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2006, 07:02:48 AM »
Link's Awakening was my first Zelda game. It took me about 2 and a half years to beat it. At the time I did not understand the concept of a huge over world and using clues to advance further on. If I couldn't jump on my enemies and run I didn't know what to do.

But i'll never forget after about 2 years of constantly wandering around with that first mushroom you pick you up, I finaly gave it to the Wich! And I thought I was giving it to her befor, but it just seemed she never wanted it, I guess I just wasnt equiping it right. From then on... Oh man!

Taking the giant Chomb, Bow wow out for walks! The Flying Rooster was sooooo awesome! Every time I got a new instrument I took it to the Wind Fish's Egg just to listen to the music.

The Eagles Tower was probably the most difficult Zelda temple I ever played. As a matter of fact LA was probably the hardest Zelda I ever played.

TP can't come soon enough.  
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2006, 07:16:35 AM »
I'm really weird but heres mine:
Beating the Original and realizing there was a Second Quest and it was different.
LttP Comic in Nintendo Power.  I really enjoyed that comic interpretation of the game.

Reading Bits and Pieces of this make me want to summon my full endurance and finish WW.  I just have the Triforce to go.  I can endure the ocean madness.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Griffin

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2006, 07:25:30 AM »
Watching the Zelda episode on The Super Mario Bros. Super Show (Lou Ferigno FTW!) every friday. Zelda was hot!

(I think I beat Ceric)
INCONCEIVABLE!!!

AC Info:

Name: Mike
Town: PhatCave

Offline RiskyChris

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2006, 07:57:29 AM »

Originally posted by: KnowsNothing

Finally beating the second dungeon in Link's Awakening, after three years of being stuck not finding the master key (found it by coincidence one day).

That was a bitch.  That's the ONE part in LA that I HATE, and it totally ruins the dungeon for me.  You have to kill those damned enemies in the correct order.  How was little me supposed to figure that out ;___;  I ended up calling the now defunct Nintendo Help Line, and then got yelled at when my mom saw the phone bill =s

Oh dear.  Oh dear oh dear...

That stupid room!  That's probably the most memorable dungeon moment in any game, ever, for me.  How ridiculous!

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2006, 08:35:17 AM »
Ditto what KN said, only took me a year though; glad I'm not alone. And that dadgum heart container with the goron rolling Mario mentioned. Finally playing Zelda 2 on the bonus disc. Shooting a zillion ice arrows at the ocecan in MM in order to hopscotch to the giant fish only to find out it's a prop. My 4 least favorite moments.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2006, 10:26:12 AM »
1. Getting the Master Sword for the first time in A Link to the Past.
2. Getting the fake Master Sword in A Link to the Past and a thief running into me and stealing my Rupees
3. Ganondorf pimp-slapping Zelda in Wind Waker.
4. The cut-scene with Saria before entering Hyrule Field.
5. Laughing at the crappy "Shiek is Zelda in disguise" plot twist. How could that have tricked anyone?
6. Realizing that there's a switch in the Forest Temple that I can shoot to twist the hallway.
7. Beating the final boss of Link's Awakening with half a heart left by timing the swinging arms because I didn't know you could use Roc's Feather to dodge attacks.
8. When Papahl in Link's Awakening, tells you that he'll be lost in the mountains later in the game.
9. How most of the characters in Link's Awakening broke the fourth wall then commented on how they didn't know why they knew what they were telling you.
10. Link sleeping in Rosetown in Super Mario RPG.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2006, 11:03:12 AM »
Am I the only person in the world who only had to spend, like, ten minutes on the Triforce quest because he already had all but two of them when the time came to find them?
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2006, 11:08:25 AM »

Originally posted by: Hostile Creation
Am I the only person in the world who only had to spend, like, ten minutes on the Triforce quest because he already had all but two of them when the time came to find them?

No sir. I collected them throughout the game so in the end I only need a few pieces. Much like Metriod Prime and the artifacts.
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2006, 11:23:25 AM »

Originally posted by: Adrock
5. Laughing at the crappy "Shiek is Zelda in disguise" plot twist. How could that have tricked anyone?

Fun story time!  I saw through that plot twist the moment Sheik first appeared.  A friend of mine who shall remain nameless (to protect the clueless) not only didn't catch on before the big reveal, but he didn't even get it when Sheik turned into Zelda right in front of him.  He thought that was just Zelda coming out of hiding, I guess, and he was confused that Sheik just left right after that without anyone noticing.  He didn't find out they were the same person until Super Smash Bros. Melee came out!

Thanks for reminding me of that.  I needed a good laugh.

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2006, 11:41:30 AM »
i didn't see anyone else post this but I loved that you could pick up a little piggy and throw them off a cliff in WW, it reminded me of me being EVIL in Pikmin. lol.

Oh and i can't forget that little kid in the begining of WW that has the running snot coming from his nose, that was hilairous!

Offline TEM

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2006, 12:04:17 PM »
My favorites are ShaolinKilla's avatar and the Ocarina of Time credits.
"Big, terrifying spiders are proof that God doesn't exist." - Anonymous

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2006, 01:10:18 PM »
My little list is as follows [in no order of course]

- hearing the dungeon theme in Wind Waker before the final battle
- realizing that there is a Purple Link in Four Swords
- Beating Adventure of Link when I was 5
- Seeing the downstab being used again in twilight princess
- Bolero of Fire <3
- fighting Shadow Link in OoT
- Windfish song

And finally

- seeing Link get blasted half across the world [after placing the three pearls] to smack right into the tower in Wind Waker.
"The next step is already being prepared for Revolution. [It's] not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform." - Youichi Wada [Square Enix]

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2006, 02:20:20 PM »

Originally posted by: Nile Boogie

Originally posted by: Hostile Creation

No sir. I collected them throughout the game so in the end I only need a few pieces. Much like Metriod Prime and the artifacts.

The only reason I never did beat Metroid Prime since I never did collect any of the artifacts and was not going to waste my time looking for them.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2006, 03:41:51 PM »
The artifacts were actually pretty fun to look for, for some reason.  Triforce not so much, but I really didn't mind looking for them either...

- seeing Link get blasted half across the world [after placing the three pearls] to smack right into the tower in Wind Waker.

Ahaha yes, can't believe I forgot about that

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2006, 04:26:01 PM »
All of these have already said but....
- The music, how can they write so many good songs for one game series? My favourite Zelda song of the hour is the Deku Nut Palace theme from MM.  Or is it Forest temple theme? No it cannot be done there are too many to have a favourite.
- Great Bay in MM and Zora's Domain in OoT are my two of favourite locations / scenes. A combination of the music, the lighting really impressed me. (Even if I was at the boss of the Great Bay temple, with all fairies when the coffee maker set tripped the power)
- However my absolute favourite locale was the Moon in MM. When I went up there I wasn't expecting anything like that at all,  it was so surreal, it was an incredible feeling.
- Freeing Epona, my friend and I were obsessed with all things Epona and the race to free her was frantic. I won
- Underwater Hyrule in WW, gave me chills.
- Collecting the instruments in LA after each boss and learning the Ballad of the Wind Fish.
- The Zora and Ultimate Link transformations in MM, how I wished that I could use the Link one everywhere.

“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2006, 05:45:21 PM »

Or is it Forest temple theme?

Interesting you mention that, as I just came upstairs from beating the Master Quest forest temple and saying to myself "I never remembered the music being this awesome."  Very dark and creepy, and it never gets annoying (which a lot of the darker zelda songs do...)

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2006, 06:47:37 PM »
here is one I dont think has been mentioned.  I will never forget in OOT when you play that song (if forget which one) to get into the tomb in the graveyard as young link.  The look of sheer terror in Link's eyes was just amazing.

Edit: Of course I would remember right after I hit reply.  You play Zelda's lullaby to get into the tomb where you find the song that switches between night and day. I think  
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2006, 08:45:32 AM »

Originally posted by: TEM
My favorites are ShaolinKilla's avatar and the Ocarina of Time credits.
What exactly is his avatar of?  I can't figure it out.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!