Author Topic: Hey! DC's got stuff too... (Official Thread for the DCU of Movies and TV)  (Read 193898 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 61
    • View Profile
I mean that kaiju thing was in the trailer. That just happens to be a really good angle, and the the stylization elevates it.
It also wouldn't be that different than the intro to Guardians of the Galaxy and looks exactly like this Japanese movie:

NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 408
    • View Profile
Dude... that's Starro in the Trailer and the Poster.

What I'm saying is that I really like the poster, and I like James Gunn's work, but who wants to bet that poster is gonna be better then the movie itself.

p.s. I have no faith in Suicide Squad as a franchise. Trailer didn't do anything for me. Not even James Gunn funning it up will make it a "good" movie. and that Poster is gonna be the best part of this whole movie....

or maybe I'm wrong. I dunno. take the bet.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
I really liked the music in the trailer

"Times are hard
You're afraid to pay the fee
So you find yourself somebody
Who can do the job for free
When you need a bit of lovin'
'Cause your man is out of town
That's the time you get me runnin'
And you know I'll be around

I'm a fool to do your dirty work
Oh yeah
I don't wanna do your dirty work
No more
I'm a fool to do your dirty work
Oh yeah"

of course I liked "I started a Joke" by Bee Gees and that didn't make the first Suicide Squad good. WB has great trailers and poorly edited movies. I'd rather see the movie I thought Suicide Squad was going to be when the first trailer dropped. It's even color graded differently. The Ayer cut will probably not happen, but Fandome 2 is coming. There are only so many movies in the DC/WB backlog that could be improved through better editing. If you can do one of those a year it's like releasing a new movie, but not.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
I have absolutely zero in interest in the movie.

All I got from it when watching was Guardians, but with more blood and expletives. I guess that was his pitch to WB. I personally feel that GotG is by far the weakest in the Marvel stable. GotG 2 remains the only MCU movie I have never rewatched and have no desire to ever do so. Applying that same template to DC characters (majority of which I've never heard of) holds no draw to me at all.

Offline Adrock

• Score: 134
    • View Profile
That’s fair. It’s important to listen to your gut and not waste time on something you know you’ll dislike. I will occasionally watch something based on critical acclaim or peer pressure, but I’m an idiot. Don’t do what I do.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 81
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
But the thing about peer pressure is, can that many of your peers be wrong?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 was the Marvel movie that elicited my most emotional reaction. For personal reasons.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 was the Marvel movie that elicited my most emotional reaction. For personal reasons.

Daddy issues?
Because that was a heavy theme of that movie.

You don't have to go in to the personal issues, but you mentioned it, so I thought I'd respond.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
It could also just be, defining your own family and knowing who you are in the world.  Guardian of the Galaxy 2 is a better movie, but I think Guardians 1 is more fun.  Guardians 1 falters in a boring first climax, but the build up is great.  Galaxy 2 has all these great character moments wrapped around some boring filler, but the end climax is just so fantastically fun and the messaging about identity and family is great.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile

Daddy issues?
Because that was a heavy theme of that movie.

You don't have to go in to the personal issues, but you mentioned it, so I thought I'd respond.

The other thing is it hit me differently when I watched it the second time.

I can't watch Lion King anymore either.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Suicide Squad review are out and they are actually..... Really Good!!

quick summary of what i've read is that James Gunn clearly was free to do as he pleases. SS is probably the most fun, wild, violent, funny, and entertaining movie in a long while. JG's best movie yet.

Now my question is, does this drop on HBO Max on Day 1? (8/6)

Offline Mr. Bungle

• the pieces of felt moment
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Re: Hey! DC's got stuff too... (Official Thread for the DCU of Movies and TV)
« Reply #911 on: August 02, 2021, 06:13:19 PM »
Now my question is, does this drop on HBO Max on Day 1? (8/6)

It does, and with no 3D version in theaters that is how I will probably watch it.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Hey! DC's got stuff too... (Official Thread for the DCU of Movies and TV)
« Reply #912 on: August 09, 2021, 04:42:11 AM »
The Suicide Squad - Idris Elba and Viola Davis together is not something i realised i needed, but after THAT scene and its the only one they physically have together i need those two together in literally anything else. The chemistry is electric.