Author Topic: Hey! DC's got stuff too... (Official Thread for the DCU of Movies and TV)  (Read 272683 times)

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Blindspot is a DC thing? I thought it was just some idiot random show with some tattooed lady.

I didn't watch Arrow or Flash for very long as they are obnoxious try hard shows. Arrow was Batman with Arrows gone wrong. Flash's character can be great as shown by JLA, but that didn't happen with the show and it seem to have ended up being the same as arrow, Batman-ish but dude moving really fast.

Super Girl is the outliner, you watch it for Melissa's bubbles. She single handedly holds up that universe. It doesn't help the show lost a tons of the budget resulting in massive shedding of characters constantly

Was Cat a bitch? Yes, but she was damn interesting. (Obvious budget bus ride)

Olsen has completely run out of steam and I don't even know why he was even there in the first place. Now that Kara isn't working he has lost the last of his natural relevance.

The hell did Lena go? Looked like the actor was pregnant which is weird because she isn't but they are using shots and clothing that you would use to hide something like it.

Maxwell? Took that train he built I guess.

Dropping in Dean Cain whenever is funny every time they do it as they scramble to write him back out.

Ex-Wonder women President? An unfired Chekhov's gun.

Can Mon-El stop being a douche? Never at this rate.

But they really need a better fight cartographer as they aren't very good nor are the excuses to get into fist fights. I just rather everybody just shoot at each other.

Yeah, big take away is that DC is a mess.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
The Colors are still too muted.  However, this looks better than BvS, and it looks better than Suicide Squad.  However, the music choice for the trailer was awful.

I feel bad for this movie though.  You are going to be telling small origin stories for at least 3 characters.  Bringing the characters together, possibly having the characters resolve team problems, introduce a villain in the way of Parademons and therefore Apokolips lore, AND possibly explain how Superman is also comes back? 

This movie has A LOT of story to tell, and since they limited it to one movie instead of 2 now.  WOW!!!  This movie better be like 3 hours.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
I feel bad for this movie though.  You are going to be telling small origin stories for at least 3 characters.  Bringing the characters together, possibly having the characters resolve team problems, introduce a villain in the way of Parademons and therefore Apokolips lore, AND possibly explain how Superman is also comes back? 

This movie has A LOT of story to tell, and since they limited it to one movie instead of 2 now.  WOW!!!  This movie better be like 3 hours.

I mean, Suicide Squad did most of that...

...oh...
I mean, Suicide Squad did most of that...

...oh...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Why, why? The Matrix was 20 years ago. Please, please stop turning everything green. The just can't stop themselves.

It's especially laughable when you see how everything looks behind the scenes.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Batman needs to lose those goggles.

Aquaman looks kind of entertaining

The movie We Need to Talk About Kevin ruins Flash for me.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 03:26:29 AM by ShyGuy »

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
How is it most recent Marvel's movies use CGI but you can barely notice some times (most notably the civil war airport scene; only half the actors were actually on set) but whenever Snyder is filming its a massive overuse of CGI to the point where you're just looking at green screen everything?

And that doesn't count his love of mucky colours, "aggressive zooming" (there was at least one in that trailer) and, especially recently, just stuffing too much content together.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
Batman v Superman and Captain America Civil War had similar plots and story construction....but one was a mess. I really think WB needs to change the guard.

What I think happened is Snyder innovated back in 2006 with 300. We've moved on with Technology but Snyder is now directing 253million budget movies like 65million budget movies. I think he just films for a longer period of time. I actually liked Man of Steel pretty well, but it just seems like he's regressed and it isn't good. I actually still like the movies that get put out, but I just fill some ickiness looking at this new one.

I feel like he just wants to make more Watchmen movies, but he's using the Justic League. I would rather he do that.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I hated MoS, but I loved Watchmen.  It was a good film and a great adaptation; I was really impressed.  But that was comic that fits with Snyder's style, as was 300.  Batman could as well, but not Supes, nor Justice League.  I'm still more excited for Wonder Woman.

Also, Cyborg looks terrible.  He's got a reverse Phantom of the Opera on a Michael Bay Transformer body.  I'm not sure if it's the CGI or if that's just not a character that works on film.

But Aquaman looks so badass, and I love it.

And don't we "know" Superman is in this movie?  I kinda hope they don't put him in the trailers like they did Doomsday, so I can at least feign surprise.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Justice League looks so awful.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Cyborg should have been more prosthetic/practical effects based, as the CGI just isn't quite there to pull it off in this film.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
The CG is there.  They just didn't do a very good design.  They over designed the Flash, Cyborg and even Aquaman.  Though, the Aquaman design works it is the only one what does. 

They seriously need to ask the question how are these characters making their suits.  I mean the Flash looks like he went into the future and decided to wear the exoskeleton of an android. 

Cyborg just looks busy.  Why the strange angles?  Why not actually design it like a real person would, and make it look as natural as possible to help him blend in?  I would have gone with the new Ghost in the Shell look with Cyborg.  Obviously the frame and design of a human, but you can tell he is not quite human. 

Though honestly, I think they could have and should have dropped Cyborg and done a more traditional JLA team.  I mean why not add Martian Manhunter instead?  Or Green Lantern (which would have been a natural way to tell a space invasion story) or heck even Oliver Queen and Black Canary...you don't even have to worry too much about origin stories because of the TV series.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
I still like my idea for a Martian Manhunter movie.

Initially, it's called John.  It's a black and white-ish  (sorta Sin city) film noir detective story, featuring a mysterious detective named John.  It's told from John's partner's point of view, and the two are investigating a chain of murders.  There's no supernatural or extraterrestrial elements present in the movie, aside from occasional weird things happening (sometimes offscreen) involving John, with him giving half-answers to what' s going on.  Movie wraps up nicely.

Then, the Extended edition is released... and we get John's backstory and all the odd stuff explained.

Obviously, this would be hard to pull off (and even harder to keep secret)... but it'd be a lot of fun.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
Cyborg looks terrible. It's a bad 90s design with bad 2010s cg. I'd have gone minimal. Combine Terminator with Jacks.

How does this

even compare to this

or even this?

This cosplayer is just painting his arms and it looks better.

It's really bad when movies from the 80s looks better

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Robocop had some massive advantages. Actors willing to suffer for the art for 12+ hours a day. An master craft director. No baggage from previous work. A cast that really enjoyed the work. Prosthetic work was is near it's zeith. A tight script yet the director allowed for input from the actors so they could make the characters their own. They worked with their limitations rather than throw money at the problem.

The big one: It's not a Super Hero Movie like the Nolan Trilogy isn't Super Hero movies. It's a good movie first and Super Heroes second.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
but who thinks jagged metal polygons is a great idea?

With current 3d printing technology they can make a suit that is comfortable. The Human Cyborg is the odd man out for the costumes. All the other costumes rely on practical effects. This one is trying to use all CGI to be fancy, andinstead it's a busy mess.

Opposite of busy mess

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
The writing on that show is often a busy mess.

But the Cyborg in the JL trailer looks like a face on a robot body and not like a human with robot parts.  It's just, bleh.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Black Lightning!!

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/03/29/first-look-black-lightning-comes-to-life?sf66691643=1
Lightning will soon strike the hearts and minds of DC fans as a new small screen hero rises. With production underway in Atlanta on the newest #DCTV pilot for The CW, Warner Bros. Television has released the first image of Cress Williams (Hart of Dixie) as Jefferson Pierce—better known as Black Lightning!

The Black Lightning costume was designed by Laura Jean Shannon, whose film and television credits include the upcoming Jumanji sequel, The Jungle Book, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Blade: Trinity and Iron Man, for which she was nominated for a Costume Designers Guild Award.

The first African-American super hero to have his own standalone comic title, the character of Black Lightning was created by Tony Isabella with Trevor Von Eeden in 1977. The television adaptation tells the tale of a father drawn reluctantly back into the super hero game.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Cool, Black Lightning has needed a push for a long time.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
well, apprently Wonder Woman may be the 1st DCEU film adored by critics

and Aquaman.... something something under water battles, something something riding armored sharks... something something.

oh and comic accurate Ocean Master and Black Manta.

I guess things are turning around for the DCEU. can only hope JL is good.... supposedly has a 2hr50min runtime at the moment, so it better be good.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Are Ocean Master and Black Manta gonna be in JL?  How crowded is this movie gonna be?

I'm excited about the Black Lightening show, but I'm not in love with the costume.  I don't like the blue = electricity motif Hollywood always does.  Still looks pretty cool.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I don't think they'll be in JL, but definitely in Aquaman.

And I refuse to let in even the slightest bit of Hype towards WW, as I'm sure that even if it turns out that I like/love it, I'll have to ultimately go see JL and the process starts all over again.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I've written off JL already.  With WW, I can still have hope because Synder's not touching ti.  Plus, the two movies were made too closely together for WW to have influence over JL.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
I don't understand how JL plans to effectively introduce 3 "new" characters reintroduce Superman, bring them all together and deal with the plot in 2 hours 50.

I wonder if Black Lightning will be set in the Arrowverse?

Also, apparently Joss Whedon will be directing Batgirl?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 05:16:33 PM by Plugabugz »

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
The movie shoul just be over three hours and do an intermission like Hateful 8.  I'm surprised this didn't become a trend after than movie because the break makes long films so much more palatable. You can go to the bathroom, grab a snack, stretch, and digest the first half of the movie in a 15 minute break.