Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1186149 times)

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #975 on: December 18, 2010, 11:07:01 AM »
Stargate Universe has been cancelled. And that marks the end of the franchise.

Woohoo! Now nothing will get in the way of me watching wreslting on the Sci-Fi channel!
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #976 on: December 18, 2010, 04:33:33 PM »
That's Syfy to you, sir.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #977 on: December 18, 2010, 05:12:02 PM »
Does it really matter that much? I mean, SyFy is pretty much what Spike is nowadays... which is pretty much what TechTV became after G4 destroyed it. Television simply isn't worth watching.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #978 on: December 18, 2010, 05:51:26 PM »
G4 was good at first, until it basically became a clone of Spike. I used to watch Spike when they aired a lot of Star Trek; now they are mostly CSI and UFC. I used to love watching The Twilight Zone on Syfy, now all I watch on it are ]Star Trek: Enterprise (which doesn't air on a regular basis) and WWE Friday Night SmackDown.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: December 18, 2010, 07:09:41 PM »
i wish there was a tv channel that focused on Science Fiction shows.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: December 18, 2010, 07:16:32 PM »
This stuff doesn't bother me that much because I almost never watch live TV outside of sports. Pretty much everything I watch is through Hulu or Netflix or some other internet source, so I never have to worry about what channel has what and when it's on. It sucks when good shows suffer because of network politics, but that's inevitable.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #981 on: December 18, 2010, 07:26:31 PM »
G4 was good at first, until it basically became a clone of Spike.

I can't agree with that. Everything that TechTV had was far superior. I mean, c'mon, the Screensavers?! Now the only thing that survives is a watered down X-Play. Of course, I remember spending a lot of time watching ZDTV back in the day, even before it was TechTV. It just goes to show that there is no place for intelligent programming. It's a big reason why I don't subscribe to any kind of television service... it simply isn't worth it.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #982 on: December 18, 2010, 07:33:26 PM »
G4 had a lot of good shows: Icons, Judgement Day, Electric Playground, Cinematech, G4TV.com, etc.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: December 20, 2010, 02:21:44 AM »
4th season of the IT Crowd. Ploppers. Love this show.

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #984 on: December 20, 2010, 01:12:29 PM »
G4 had a lot of good shows: Icons, Judgement Day, Electric Playground, Cinematech, G4TV.com, etc.

If you say so. For me though, G4 is nothing more than an abomination of a once-great channel, catering only to retarded teenage boys who play way too much Xbox and love their right hand.

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #985 on: December 20, 2010, 01:15:18 PM »
Let's not generalize, 8-15% of them love their left hand.
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: December 20, 2010, 02:10:34 PM »
i just like attack of the show, xplay, and ninja warrior. I dont like campus p.d. and cops much sooooo they should start airing good stuff. I miss Cinematech, and Icons
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: January 03, 2011, 12:31:03 PM »
Primeval, season 4, episode 1. It's made of awesome sauce.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: January 03, 2011, 06:03:11 PM »
Boardwalk Empire

9/10

Awesome when it's awesome. Boring when it's boring. And it ended a bit too nicely. Still, some of the characters (especially Steve Buscemi) are some of the best and well rounded of any show I've ever seen.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #989 on: January 10, 2011, 07:08:14 PM »
Among the other shows I watched in Animation Domination, I watched the series premiere of Bob's Burgers (from the same guy who created Home Movies). It was OK. but not great. I had no interest in the mom, and the story could have been better. Most of the family members sound alike, though I think that was on purpose.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: January 10, 2011, 07:59:20 PM »
Being a big fan of Home Movies I watched Bob's Burgers last night.  It was okay but I expect a first episode to usually be a little rough.  I will give it a chance though.  They clearly have men voicing two female characters though and that is rather weird.  The mom's voice just irritated me.  It sounds too much like someone doing an unfunny stereotypical gay voice.

What is weird as all hell though is hearing all these voices from Home Movies coming out of different characters.  I hear McGuirk's voice but that's not McGuirk.  But then way back when King of the Hill debuted I had the same problem where Hank was just Mr. Anderson from Beavis & Butthead.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #991 on: January 10, 2011, 08:06:16 PM »
King of the Hill also started pretty rough, but got better. That is why I will give this a chance too, maybe it will get better in time.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #992 on: January 10, 2011, 11:41:15 PM »
I always thought King of the Hill was a take off from Beavis and Butthead.

I tried to watch Bob's Burgers but I couldn't stand it. I don't need to watch yet another show about morons doing what morons do best. I had my fill with that thanks to Everyone Loves Raymond. Bob's Burgers wasn't even funny.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #993 on: January 10, 2011, 11:45:52 PM »
I am sure you know that KOTH was from the same guy that created B&B (Mike Judge), so no surprise there.

I hope Fox at least gives it a chance, they didn't give Sit Down, Shut Up much time before they yanked it.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: January 11, 2011, 01:13:13 AM »
Well, it only took them half a season  ::) , but Lucasfilm has finally turned out a good episode of Season 3 of Star Wars: The Clone Wars with last Friday's episode.  I finally got around to watching it, and after the abysmal failure that was the first half of "this season" it was nice to finally see a Clone Wars episode that

A.) Actually takes place after Season 2.

and

B.) Actually focuses on the Clone Wars, the series' namesake.

The action is excellent with great staging and some decent animation, though I think the lightsaber duel that kicks off the episode looks very odd, with characters basically just snapping to poses as "fighting".  Thankfully, the duel that ends the episode is much better.  This episode also brings in elements that really made earlier episodes in the series shine: concepts adapted from expanded universe material and some unusually dark material (hello Force Lightning and Force Choke!).  I'm also surprised at how effective the exposition dump was halfway through the episode, where we finally get to see Ventruss' backstory (a character that, up till now, I never cared much for).

If this episode is a sign of things to come, the second half of Season 3 may just make up for the craptastic first half.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: January 11, 2011, 04:23:28 AM »
The Cape - ....What can I say about The Cape

I can say that I really want to like this show. I can also say that they make it really hard to do that. ***Summer Glau looked damn good with the Cleopatra Cut at the end.
So much is left out that I have a hard time not only believing whats going on, but actually getting into it and the premiere is 2hrs long!
I can overlook the cheap special FX or the fact that a city in the USA would be able to privatize it's police force and it's jail system, but they way the main character "perfects" fighting and magic in what seems to be a day or 2, maybe a week at best or how he was even set up to begin with by the ARK corporation who happen to leave him with a master key card to everything the corporation is in charge of when he hadn't even started his new job yet at ARK Corp. and countless other little things that happen like falling out of a hi-rise window, landing on a car and walking away after being poisoned and still managing to walk away and survive till the next day with out any medical treatment (it apparently is a BIIIG city since it took hours to drive from the scene of the fall & stabbing/poisoning back to the circus where he got poisoned again to cure his first poisoning/stabbing.). Did I mention that Orwell - the eyes and ears of the city that seems to know more than the police, is a single female (Summer Glau) who has her own Batcave in her garage with a computer that is apparently capable of blocking cellphone traffic in specific locations of the city and maybe anything else The Cape ask of her since I don't remember them discussing everything that she is capable of with out leaving her computer chair.*
**The boat. How did he know what boat they were on? and why did the midget show up alone & how did the midget get past the other security.

The one thing that this superhero has going for him though is that atleast he has enough sense to wear a damn mask when patrolling the streets in pursuit of the badguys (yes I'm referring to No Ordinary Family). I just hope that now that they got the pilot out of the way (which I hear was re-edited and re-edited again before being aired) that it gets better, because it hasn't earned the benefit of being this lazy and still holding it's audience (like the middle seasons of Smallville) since it doesn't actually have an audience yet, This show has potential to be interesting(Spawn meets Batman meets Houdini), but if it doesn't get better from here on out, I don't see it lasting past this season if it even finishes this season at all.

Pilot episode - 5.5/10

*i fell asleep about 4 times during this episode and had to rewind numerous times in hopes that I didn't miss anything,
**edit
The pacing of this show was just bad. But like I said, I heard it was edited and then re-edited again after early reviews before airing (once or twice). So much seemed to have been left out, skipped over or just assumed, that it made the suspension of disbelief hard to maintain. Hopefully things get better in later episodes.
***edit 2
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 05:37:35 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #996 on: January 11, 2011, 12:17:06 PM »
But then way back when King of the Hill debuted I had the same problem where Hank was just Mr. Anderson from Beavis & Butthead.

Uh... Hank isMr. Anderson for all intents and purposes. King of the Hill was a spin-off of Beavis & Butthead, just like Daria was. Daria is arguably the funniest of the three, even if King of the Hill did become much more humorous and satirical as it went on.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #997 on: January 11, 2011, 12:32:19 PM »
KOTH was not a spin-off as it had nothing to do with Beavis and Butt-head. Yes Hank was basically the same look and voice of Mr. Anderson, but was still different and not related. I love Daria though, and picked up the complete series when it was finally released on DVD a few months ago (it's a good set, although they obviously had to change some of the music since the show used licensed songs sometimes; it doesn't hurt the episodes though). It's a shame that Fox didn't even let KOTH air all of their remaining episodes. After the last official episode aired, there were a few more episodes left that Fox let syndication stations choose when to air (which I hated because at that time my local Fox station was airing the series at 2AM).

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: January 11, 2011, 05:21:17 PM »
@BnM
I only read the first few lines of your post, just like I only watched the first few minutes of The Cape, but the prison system is already largely privatized (kind of a conspiracy theory, but I think it's a big reason we spend more money incarcerating instead of rehabilitating and why petty thieves and drug users get serious jail time) which is why I didn't think it was such a stretch for a privatized police force.

I fell asleep during The Cape, and I just gave up on it. Maybe I'll watch it again though, maybe not.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: January 11, 2011, 06:06:52 PM »
At first The Cape sounded interesting but I eventually got sick of seeing ads for it during every single commercial break for every single Sunday Night Football game.  I find there is a general rule that hard sell = teh suck.  If they shill the absolute **** out of something it usually means that they know it's crap.  There will be no favourable reviews and no good word of mouth.  Therefore you bombard everyone with ads in hopes of grabbing the rubes before negative word gets out.  You really notice this with films where there is an obvious incentive to get suckers into seeing a bad film opening weekend before the bad word of mouth starts spreading.  With a show I'm not so sure how well the strategy works since a show's success requires repeat viewings.  You have to deliver in the eyes of the target audience.

I find if there is true confidence in a show or movie there is a little less desperation in the ads.  So they don't have to start running ads months ahead of time or show them in every single commercial break.  They probably figure that a truly worthwhile product will create it's own buzz with just a little bit of promotion while a dud product has to have an ad blitz to stay in peoples' minds.