Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1192346 times)

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #800 on: October 12, 2010, 11:39:33 PM »
I wouldn't be so fixated on the Trickster if I were you...
Wasn't Dean's mom hot, or what lol.

For season 6 you can skip the first 2 episodes, but you might miss little hints of what Dean and Sam will encounter later on.
The 3rd episode was awesome, so don't miss it. After watching it I think I know what the brothers might have to do because it's going to be quite a journey.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #801 on: October 13, 2010, 10:39:43 AM »
With no computer access at home, i've been watching a lot of Netflix on my PS3.

MythBusters: i've watched the first 3 collections (even though i've seen every episode on TV), and this is one of my favorite TV shows. It got even better when Grant, Kari, and Tory became regulars on the show.

Beavis and Butt-head: The Mike Judge Collection
Volumes 1 & 3: The downside to instant streaming is that you don't get any of the extras on the DVD release. For the Beavis and Butt-head releases, these extras include a bunch of those music video commentaries from them, features on the show (like developing it, the impact the show had on society, etc.). With the Instant Streaming, you just get the actual episodes themselves. Still funny.

Doctor Who: The City of Death: This was a four-part episode that originally aired in 1979. Tom Baker was OK as the Doctor, but it makes me wonder why people often call him the best Doctor (I think David Tennant was superior in every way). Maybe it's because I have no particular love for 70s sci-fi, but the special effects and costumes were so bad. The costume for the Jagoroth was especially bad. I did like Ramona as his companion though.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 10:58:28 AM by TJ Spyke »
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: October 13, 2010, 02:01:56 PM »
I wouldn't be so fixated on the Trickster if I were you...
Wasn't Dean's mom hot, or what lol.

For season 6 you can skip the first 2 episodes, but you might miss little hints of what Dean and Sam will encounter later on.
The 3rd episode was awesome, so don't miss it. After watching it I think I know what the brothers might have to do because it's going to be quite a journey.

Deans mom was pretty hot and the "trickster" episodes were all great, especially the TVLand episode.
But I'm not skipping any episodes. I'm watching season 5 right now and even though I've seen a block of about 7-8 eps before starting from the beginning, I'm now re-watching those eps in the context of the story line of the show where everything makes a lot more sense. Good or not so good, I'm watching it from beginning to end.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: October 13, 2010, 02:48:03 PM »
"O Death" is great song from season 5. BnM, what do you think of Chuck?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #804 on: October 13, 2010, 08:57:05 PM »
I like Chuck, but it doesn't capture me like it used to.
Now I continue to watch it out of habit and support, only I do it willingly(unlike the self-punishment that was Heroes) because I still enjoy Chuck.
The first 2 seasons were the best and the last 2 season have had their moments, but something about the show just isn't quite the same(or maybe it's too much the same {with a gimmick added ontop}, it's kinda hard for me to tell).

Either way, unless Chuck has a major jumping of the shark moment, I'll probably ride it out till the end(which seems to be every season). But it would be nice if NBC would let them tell the story they want instead of making them attempt to wrap up everything all nice and neat in uncertain season orders(ask for 13 episodes with possibility of a back 9 order, no certainty of a next season and blah blah blah, I really think it hurts the show).

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: October 18, 2010, 11:03:01 AM »
Is anyone else still watching Undercovers?

I watched the second episode and while its funny it does feel very episodic; little carried over into that ep and there's nothing in the way of a story arc. The chemistry of the lead actors won't carry the show alone.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #806 on: October 18, 2010, 01:09:57 PM »
I still watch it, but mostly because the wife (Ugabi?) is pretty freakin hot. But you're right, their relationship issues and on screen chemistry needs to be met with a deeper season long story arc of some sort. They need a conspiracy to unravel, which was hinted at in the last episode, but there is no telling at this point if it will be interesting or more than a few episodes long.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: October 19, 2010, 06:51:29 AM »
I need to watch episode 3 now to catch up. Hopefully it starts to progress forward.

I did watch episode 2 of The Event last night. Lost had the right idea when flashbacks were mainly used for character development and backstory about them. The Event, however, uses them to jump around to explain the narrative but instead jumps BACKWARDS on itself. First at the present moment then going back to a point to explain how he/she got there and what's happening. Makes for a confusing watch.

This guy who attempted to hijack the plane to prevent it being destroyed ran away because he pilot, who himself was coerced into crashing the plane, told him to or else he will die. "It's not help".
REALLY? Not a single reason was given as to why he should go. You've just been through a plane crash, helicopters and trucks are coming and you're going to believe the pilot who ATTEMPTED TO CRASH YOUR PLANE?

After Stargate Universe last week, I'm convinced its the new Lost. Except its actually answering questions at a very smooth pace. Any Lost fan i urge you to give it a go and watch through Season 1 to catch up to now. It's on Hulu. It's a little slow through Season 1 but works better for it.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: October 19, 2010, 11:36:05 AM »
This guy who attempted to hijack the plane to prevent it being destroyed ran away because he pilot, who himself was coerced into crashing the plane, told him to or else he will die. "It's not help".
REALLY? Not a single reason was given as to why he should go. You've just been through a plane crash, helicopters and trucks are coming and you're going to believe the pilot who ATTEMPTED TO CRASH YOUR PLANE?

You didn't notice that the pilot was the father of the babe that "this guy" is with?

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: October 19, 2010, 11:43:07 AM »
No, but it had been two weeks since i watched episode 1. Shows how much attention i've been paying :D

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: October 19, 2010, 12:42:13 PM »
It's alright, the first 2 episodes can be a bit confusing, specially the first one. It does get better, less flashbacks, more story development.

Did anybody watch Sanctuary (Season 3 - episode 1)? It was great. I hope it continues to have good episodes.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: October 20, 2010, 10:51:23 AM »
It's alright, the first 2 episodes can be a bit confusing, specially the first one. It does get better, less flashbacks, more story development.

I watched episode 2 of The Event yesterday. What a weird episode. It definitely took a step forward but then almost ruined it with that truck/caravan crash in the middle of the desert for absolutely no reason. Did anybody check to see if the driver was alive or  not? Because it never was mentioned again.

Did anybody watch Sanctuary (Season 3 - episode 1)? It was great. I hope it continues to have good episodes.

I did enjoy Sanctuary too. Sanctuary really feels like the series Heroes could have became. I liked how the ending implied theres other powerful abnormals out there like Big Bertha. It really opens up other avenues where to go and how to lead.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: October 21, 2010, 03:51:42 PM »
Out of curiosity after reading the show's summary I watched the only episode (the 10th) that was available where I usually get my episodes. Ugly Americans. It was in cartoon form to my surprise, but I like it. Hey, I would go as far as saying that it's as good as Metalocalypse, but without the Metal music, so at least it does have its own sense of being creative in its own way.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #813 on: October 21, 2010, 04:03:55 PM »
Great episode (as usual) of Modern Family last night. I thought it was so great when the daughter carved a cell phone out of a piece of black soap. "She Shawshanked us!" And then the parrot comment by the neighbors...so great.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #814 on: October 22, 2010, 09:40:18 PM »
This forum sooooo dead lately. It's a shame.

Latest episode of Community was so good. Episode before that was so stupid. This show is very hit and miss and the last 2 episodes have set the low bar and the high bar for this show for this season so far.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: October 23, 2010, 12:15:35 AM »
I just finished the first season of Mr. Show with Bob and David, and it's one of the best sketch comedy shows I've ever seen, up there with SNL in its prime and Monty Python.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #816 on: October 23, 2010, 12:31:03 AM »
I just finished the first season of Mr. Show with Bob and David, and it's one of the best sketch comedy shows I've ever seen, up there with SNL in its prime and Monty Python.

I love Mr. Show, although it rarely makes me laugh out loud - the sketches are super funny, but they're "thinkers" more than gut-busters. There are several exceptions to that though.
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #817 on: October 24, 2010, 10:28:19 PM »
The Good Guys - 8/10

Such a good buddy cop show. I think it's starring Tom Hanks son or much younger brother or something. It kinda look like a family resemblance and they share the same last name. But back to the show... It's about an old-timey off the cuff detective that's been permanently demoted to the property crimes and continually lives on his shining glory of saving the Governors son back in the early 80's being paired up with an ambitious young detective who believes he is unfairly being punished by being paired up with this guy and has more to offer than being stuck in the property crimes division. This show does not take itself too seriously and is not a procedural cop show. Actually, the duo almost always find a way to turn some petty property crime (someone stole my bike, missing air conditioner, petty vandalism) and turn a big case out of it to the dismay of their divisions chief.
It's a very fun show to watch and the chemistry is just perfect.

I think it comes on Fridays on FOX.

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #818 on: October 25, 2010, 07:57:52 AM »
Yep, that's Tom Hanks' son.
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: October 25, 2010, 04:07:48 PM »
Star Wars: The Clone Wars - This show just continues to be mediocre this season, some episodes more than others.  The two-parter on Mandalore was pretty much a total wash unless you want to play a drinking game with the number of times the word "Corruption" is said.  Then what do you know?!  The following episode is another prequel episode to a previous season, and not only that, but the ending of that episode makes it clear that the 2-parter in Mandalore was as well.  What the ***, Lucasfilm?!  What is it going to take for you to actually tell an episode in Season 3 that actually takes place after Season 2?  And it's not like the individual episodes have been all that good, either.  Man, this season has been so frustrating, especially after Season 2 kicked so much ass.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: October 25, 2010, 05:03:43 PM »
Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes!
This show airs on DisneyXD and I found it surprisingly good. There's only been one episode so far (not including the episodes prior to the actual forming of the Avengers) but the action is good, voices are decent, stories compelling, and they even showed the death of Captain America's sidekick Bucky. I say that to say it's not a kiddy interpretaion of the Avengers, it's the real deal. I don't want to give away the villain, but he did a hell of a lot of damage, to the point where people had to have died. I'm very interested to see where they take this show. 7.5/10

Also, anyone watching Dexter this season? I was a little worried to see what not having Rita would mean for the show, but so far, so good, and next episode looks to a doozy. This is my favorite show on T.V right now 9/10.

Speaking of Dexter, the actress who played Rita is now the wife on No Ordinary Family, which I watched and wasn't disappointed, I don't really like the son but everything else is pretty good so far. Tentative 6.8/10.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: October 25, 2010, 05:06:04 PM »
Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes!
This show airs on DisneyXD and I found it surprisingly good. There's only been one episode so far (not including the episodes prior to the actual forming of the Avengers) but the action is good, voices are decent, stories compelling, and they even showed the death of Captain America's sidekick Bucky. I say that to say it's not a kiddy interpretaion of the Avengers, it's the real deal. I don't want to give away the villain, but he did a hell of a lot of damage, to the point where people had to have died. I'm very interested to see where they take this show. 7.5/10

Huh, I didn't know that this show existed.  I'll have to look into it.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: October 25, 2010, 05:40:00 PM »
MJ: Dexter has been good, but not great this season. I always liked it when Dexter was always trying to cover his ass and the past few episodes it finally seems like it's getting there.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: October 25, 2010, 06:35:10 PM »
I agree that it's been good, and not great, for the same reason, but it was necessary. Rita was so important in his life, she could have been another aspect of his psyche like Harry is. They had to show him taking time to get over it, and of course not really know how to deal with it. Also losing the kids was big for him as they were basically extensions of Rita, and part of his grounding to humanity. Without them, he's gotten a little sloppy, none of his kills have gone smoothly and he's fighting with himself more than ever. I like what Julie Bowen's character (Lumen) is adding to the show, so I'm hopeful for this season.

I just want to give an honorable mention to The Big C which is also on Showtime. Interesting characters so far (except the husband who got slightly more interesting last episode) and a unique storyline.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #824 on: October 25, 2010, 07:03:59 PM »
I like what Julie Bowen's character (Lumen) is adding to the show, so I'm hopeful for this season.

You mean Julia Stiles? Julie Bowen is the Blonde on Modern Family.

And Dexter has mediocre at best in comparison to past seasons. I haven't seen the preview for next week yet, but they really need to pick it up on this show. There are only 13 episodes and 5 have passed already. I need more drama(not of the Bautista/Laguerta type), suspense and excitement on this show. I know they are getting there and it takes time to build the suspense, but I just want things to pick up sooner.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 07:07:37 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »