Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1186246 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #750 on: September 30, 2010, 10:21:53 AM »
I like it. I've started watching a few of the new shows from this new season though.

Terriers
Undercovers
Lone Star
No Ordinary Family

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: September 30, 2010, 11:43:40 AM »
b[]Adventure Time with Finn & Jake: 9/10 This and The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack are the best cartoons I have seen in a long time. I was thinking of theming my mafia game after Adventure Time, but I'm not sure enough people watch/like it.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 11:45:35 AM by Dasmos »
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: September 30, 2010, 11:44:32 AM »
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, why can't I edit my posts?
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #753 on: September 30, 2010, 11:49:21 AM »
Lone Star

So are you bummed that it was already canceled? Fox has said that they will still air the remaining episodes they already taped though, although they will be aired Saturdays at 11PM (like what ABC did after they canceled Pushing Daisies but still were willing to air the episodes already taped). I never watched the first two episodes because I was watching WWE Raw instead.

I really like Hell's Kitchen, last night's episode was pretty good. I also checked out the series premiere of Law & Order: Los Angeles, I didn't like it that much.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #754 on: September 30, 2010, 12:02:38 PM »
Lone Star was cancelled already!?

But crap like Running Wilde continues on uninterrupted?

Oh well, guess I can stop watching it now. No need to get invested into something they aren't gonna finish.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #755 on: September 30, 2010, 12:14:12 PM »
The show was getting very low ratings. It got about 4.1 million viewers (it's lead in show was House and that had 10.7 million viewers). Fellow rookie show The Event (which aired at the same time) had over 10 million viewers and Dancing With the Stars had over 20 million. It's a tough break for the show, which became the first show of the fall to get axed (last year that dishonor went to the Ashton Kutcher-produced show The Beautiful Life: TBL on The CW). Since the show was produced by Fox itself, there isn't much hope for another network to pick it up.

I haven't seen Running Wilde (although I hope it does well because of Will Arnett), but it does slightly better. Sitcoms also cost less money to make than dramas, so ratings are more important for dramas. If you want to consider specific demographics, Fox may have been disappointed that it got a 1.3 rating in the adults 18-49 demo (compared to 4.2 for House).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: September 30, 2010, 12:51:32 PM »
Supernatural (Season 6 - Episode 1)

It was a good start for the season. There were a few surprises of course, but they will all be sorted out I hope.

Stargate Universe (Season 2 -Episode 1)

I liked this episode a lot. There were 2 faces from the alliance that I don't remember seeing in the first season, this gorgeous lady and this guy. It's off to a good start, so let's see where Destiny leads them.

The Event (Season 1 - Episode 1)

Eh. One week ago, 2 hours ago, 4 years ago... just cut it already. It's annoying. I will still keep watching this show to see where it goes, but I'm not impressed.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (Season 6 - Episode 1, 2)

These guys are awesome. The first 2 episodes are hilarious.

House (Season 7 - Episode 1, 2)

The first episode was ok. They had to make it a closure for what happened at the end of last season. The second episode was so much better because it was House (not the character) back to usual. I'm sad that 13 had to go, but I'm hoping there will be a return of some kind.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #757 on: September 30, 2010, 12:56:32 PM »
Advertising for it was crap, especially compared to the wanna be LOST meets 24 show that is The Event (I was bored with the season opener but they advertised the hell out of that show since about 4 months back).

If more people gave it(Lone Star) a chance, and Fox had made it more known(& given it some time), I'm sure it would have found it's audience.

Running Wilde on the other hand is not funny, is only mildly entertaining, and I'm being nice because I really wanted to like it.
That is just based off the 1st 2 episodes that have aired so far.

Another new show that is pretty good is Boardwalk Empire on HBO.
Only 2 eps so far, but I'm liking it. Prohibition Age Atlantic City. rise of Al Capone seems to be a future plot point.

Another new show I checked out the other night was Raising Hope. I only saw the 2nd episode, but it was interesting enough that I'm trying to watch the 1st episode when I get a chance then probably the 3rd ep when it airs.
OMG @ the girl with the tooth. LOL.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: September 30, 2010, 01:07:37 PM »
Another new show that is pretty good is Boardwalk Empire on HBO.
Only 2 eps so far, but I'm liking it. Prohibition Age Atlantic City. rise of Al Capone seems to be a future plot point.

Oh. I just put the first episode on my download list.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #759 on: September 30, 2010, 01:10:41 PM »
My wife really likes "The C Word" on Showtime, which is about Laura Linney having cancer and not telling anybody about it. I don't really care for it. Even though the show has a totally different premise, it reminds me of "Weeds," another show I don't like.

Modern Family, episode 2: This show is so great.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: September 30, 2010, 01:15:10 PM »
Yeah, I really liked LoneStar, too bad about it being canceled. Out of the new shows I've seen:

- The Event was horrible
- No Ordinary Family was a bad pilot, but it could get better
- Running Wilde was not funny
- Detroit 187 is good
- Hawaii 5-0 was surprisingly good
- Outsourced was dumb

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #761 on: September 30, 2010, 01:32:43 PM »
I watched Detroit 1-8-7....
I haven't seen the second episode yet, but the 1st ep had me thinking that they want to be the next The Wire only using a character that was sorta Caruso-ish from CSI. I'm not really feeling that. I have the second ep recorded though, so I'll give that a watch and see how I feel about it.

No Ordinary Family I liked. It was like The Fantastic 4 meet The Incredibles. I expect entertainment out of that show. & it stars Vic Mackey so I'm a little biased going in. :P

I also just watched the 1st episode of Raising Hope. L.O.L.
I will definitely be watching episode 3 when it airs next week. If they can make me literally laugh out loud 3 episodes in a row, then they have my attention for the rest of the season. It's a bout a teenage kid with no direction in life, that has a dysfunctional white trash family and a senile grandma, who is suddenly stuck raising a baby. If you get a chance, check this one out.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #762 on: September 30, 2010, 01:54:45 PM »
The fact that Raising Hope is from the guy who created My Name is Earl (Greg Garcia) is enough to at least get me to check it out.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: September 30, 2010, 03:57:48 PM »
The Event (Season 1 - Episode 2)

Oh wow. I actually followed through the whole episode. I'm getting a "First Wave" vibe with this show.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: September 30, 2010, 11:45:17 PM »
Boardwalk Empire (Season 1 - Episode 1)

What a superb show. I'm glad I watched it in HD. The sets are just gorgeous. The actors/actresses also perform admirably.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #765 on: September 30, 2010, 11:47:49 PM »
I watched the second episode of Undercovers.

I think the best part of this show is the wife.
She is like the NEW Jessica Alba. So hot!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #766 on: October 01, 2010, 11:19:38 AM »
The Big Bang Theory - Good episode. Sheldon calculated that he would die just before they invent the technology to transfer your conscience into a robot, so he decides to take steps to increase his lifespan (like eating brussels sprouts on Thursdays instead of pizza, but that ends up causing him to fart a lot).

TNA Impact! - I am a big wrestling fan, so I watch most of the wrestling shows, this weeks episode was not as good as last weeks. Next week will be a live episode though.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #767 on: October 01, 2010, 01:29:58 PM »
I thought robo-Sheldon was hilarious, especially in the car.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #768 on: October 01, 2010, 01:51:25 PM »
Sheldon is always entertaining, I like Leonard's reaction later when robo-Sheldon couldn't get into his office because of the doorknob (I am surprised Sheldon didn't think to put some sort of mechanical arms on it). Having a cameo from Steve Wozniak was pretty cool too (and him calling Sheldon a nerd).

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: October 01, 2010, 06:03:26 PM »
The C word premier was interesting, it seems like a show that I would like, but not be in love with. If there weren't so many good shows on television right now though it would be pretty much up there.

I think i mentioned it earler but board walk empire looks like it will be spectacular.

I started watching Grey's Anatomy and its the goriest doctor show i've seen. I am a horro buff and this show has made me cringe and dry heave on occasions. Its a bit soap opera-ish, but some of the episodes are really good.

Nurse Jackie is pretty funny, i saw most of the first season, but we canceled our premium channels.

Burn Notice is also great, so many awesome situations. Its smart and action packed.

Its Alway's Sunny this just reminds me of an extreme Seinfeld, where the characters are self serving sociopaths is taken to a new level. This brings me joy though. When I started watching them 2 years ago, i watched all the episodes over a period of a week, Then FX took them off their website the day after.

Curb your Enthusiasm Thank goodness for syndication, I'm kinda disappointed I didn't start watching this sooner.

NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: October 04, 2010, 04:03:24 AM »
The last episode of It's Alway's Sunny was perfect. Seriously, sitcom perfection was achieved.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: October 04, 2010, 05:55:44 AM »
the funny thing is i knew what wuld happen right from the beginning, totally obvious really
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #772 on: October 04, 2010, 10:05:23 AM »
I love Fox's Animation Domination block:

The Simpsons - I had no idea that Muhammad Yunus was a real person until the credits rolled and listed him as a guest star. Apparently he is the guy who  came up with this whole micro-loan program that Lisa did in the episode. Good episode, not great.

The Cleveland Show - Interesting concept with it being a "live" episode and like they were actors. I wonder why they took a jab at American Dad! and didn't even mention Futurama at the beginning. They also poked fun at how they get around actors supposedly being nude on sitcoms (like wearing underwear that is blocked from view by objects).

Family Guy - I am a little surprised that they actually kept Diane dead after Stewie killed her last week. I thought it was not realistic for Brian to suddenly change his opinions just because he read Limbaugh's book.

American Dad! - Apparently part one of a two part episode. Not sure why they had Haley decide to marry Jeff. It was funny listening to Deputy Director Bullock talking about how he missed banging Haley.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #773 on: October 04, 2010, 12:45:13 PM »
Didn't watch the simpsons - have no interest in that show

The Cleve show - not very funny

Family guy - not funny

American Dad - much better than the other 2 I watched.

Overall - disappointed in last nights Animation block.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #774 on: October 04, 2010, 01:00:34 PM »
Do you just not like those shows or was it the specific episodes?