Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1192334 times)

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #725 on: September 24, 2010, 09:25:46 AM »
**** my dad says. Not bad for a 1st episode. It's a son and dad kind of comedy with William Shatner and some other guy.

Online broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: September 24, 2010, 10:52:35 AM »
*snip*  Wrong Thread.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 11:33:12 AM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #727 on: September 24, 2010, 11:28:29 AM »
brood, I think you meant to put that in the last movie thread, this is the last TV show thread.

Watched the season premiere of The Big Bang Theory last night, still one of the best shows on TV. I thought they did a good job with Sheldon going on his first date, and how one of the topics of discussion at dinner was him calculating that Penny has probably dated around 193 men in her life and had sex with about 30.93 (which he then rounded up to 31).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Online broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #728 on: September 24, 2010, 11:32:58 AM »
brood, I think you meant to put that in the last movie thread, this is the last TV show thread.

Oops...yeah...*snip*

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #729 on: September 24, 2010, 01:41:53 PM »
Season Premier of Modern Family: Excellent, as usual. As an added bonus, Sofia Vergara made chocolate milk the old-fashioned way in a low-cut top. Quality telemundo, right there.

Disks 1 & 2 of Season 3 of Big Bang Theory: Sheldon has leveled off somewhat, in a good way. I like the fact that Walowitz has a girlfriend who's basically autistic. I don't know how much I like the fact that Leonard and Penny are together now, though. I always thought they worked better together as friends. Also, is it just me, or is Kuthropali becoming really really gay (not that there's anything wrong with that)?

ANTM Cycle 15: I'm not rooting for ANY of the girls this year. Screw 'em all, even the one with G-cups. None of them can model their way out of a paper bag.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: September 24, 2010, 01:46:05 PM »
**** my dad says. Not bad for a 1st episode. It's a son and dad kind of comedy with William Shatner and some other guy.

It's not based off the Twitter feed, is it?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #731 on: September 24, 2010, 01:50:41 PM »
Yeah, it is. There's also a book.
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: September 24, 2010, 03:12:11 PM »

season opener of community was joking about that the whole episode.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: September 24, 2010, 04:16:11 PM »
Really? Based off twitter? Oh my.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #734 on: September 24, 2010, 04:16:23 PM »

For obvious reasons though, the show's name is actually $h*! My Dad Says (officially pronounced as Bleep My Dad Says). I don't see the concept lasting long though, it's like when they tried to take the GEICO Cavemen commercials and turn that idea into a show.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: September 24, 2010, 04:18:38 PM »
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 24, 2010, 04:20:40 PM »
Hmmmm...

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #737 on: September 24, 2010, 08:35:37 PM »
*BEEP* My Dad Says: This shows lives and dies on William Shatner being a complete self-parody, and I thought they did a good job with the pilot at least.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: September 24, 2010, 08:38:36 PM »
Nobody does self-parody better than William Shatner.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: September 24, 2010, 08:50:29 PM »
Anyone know when FX will run a new season of Justified?

I really enjoyed the first season's blend of action, drama and humor.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 24, 2010, 09:15:24 PM »

The book was humorous enough to warrant the read. It's not very long, and can be finished in just a few hours.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #741 on: September 24, 2010, 09:38:18 PM »
Anyone know when FX will run a new season of Justified?

I really enjoyed the first season's blend of action, drama and humor.

From what I could find, the second season is supposed to air in early 2011.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 25, 2010, 05:25:54 AM »
Season Premier of Modern Family: Excellent, as usual. As an added bonus, Sofia Vergara made chocolate milk the old-fashioned way in a low-cut top. Quality telemundo, right there.

Disks 1 & 2 of Season 3 of Big Bang Theory: Sheldon has leveled off somewhat, in a good way. I like the fact that Walowitz has a girlfriend who's basically autistic. I don't know how much I like the fact that Leonard and Penny are together now, though. I always thought they worked better together as friends. Also, is it just me, or is Kuthropali becoming really really gay (not that there's anything wrong with that)?

ANTM Cycle 15: I'm not rooting for ANY of the girls this year. Screw 'em all, even the one with G-cups. None of them can model their way out of a paper bag.

yeah her stirring milk was awesome
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 25, 2010, 01:33:07 PM »
Undercovers - While i can never get bored with the lead actors, it's fun and silly. A refreshing change to Fringe (which i'm on Season 1) and others.

Online broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 26, 2010, 12:59:56 AM »
I've been keeping up with a couple shows lately:

Warehouse 13 - Well, season 2 has come and gone and...eh, it was a good season, though it ended on a spectacularly dull note.  Sure, on paper the idea of stopping a villain from destroying the world sounds like a good way to end a season, but it was one of those "stopped by the power of LOVE" kind of endings and just came off really lame.  The final episode couldn't have had a more perfect name: "Reset".  It took most of the meaningful direction this show was going this season and then threw it out the window, though I am interested to see what they do with Myka after this season.  As usual, Claudia and Artie were the shining stars of this show.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 01:05:29 AM by broodwars »

Online broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 26, 2010, 01:03:27 AM »
Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Alright, this has been irritating me for a while now, but it's really become a problem in Season 3: 2 out of the first 3 episodes have been prequel episodes to events of the first season and the movie.  They did this last year, too, and it irritated me then as well.  I know that Lucasarts must be deathly afraid of actually moving forward with this story because they're starting to intrude upon Revenge of the Sith's time period, but character and story development moves forward not backwards.  All this time-wasting time-jumping is giving me a headache and just hurts the show overall, even if the actual episodes have been pretty decent.

EDIT:  I had to split the shows up into 2 separate posts due to  buggy forum code randomly bolding everything.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #746 on: September 26, 2010, 07:20:31 PM »
Mad Men (last Sunday's episode): The problem now is that Don is getting more sympathetic and is actively working to improve himself, but Betty is just getting worse and worse. I wish she would die at this point. Her own daughter hates her, and I can't blame her for that.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 30, 2010, 02:05:18 AM »
Terriers Episode 3. Watch this show. Tune in on FX Wednesdays, go to Hulu and watch the first three episodes. It's a dark private detective show with Donal Logue. Take Veronica Mars and go even harder Noir.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 30, 2010, 04:33:04 AM »
you realize that the shows 4th episode aired tonite right?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 30, 2010, 04:50:13 AM »
Have you seen the show? What did you think?