Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1186675 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #425 on: May 15, 2010, 11:44:56 PM »
Smallville season 9 finale - sogood.gif

2 cliffhangers in one episode and a huge tease right in the beginning.
Looks ti be a nice set-up for the final season, so I hope the get it together and do it right.

It was an amazing season finale, so many possibilities for season 10.

who do you think was the old lady that went into Tess' room after she flatlined?
and what do you think it was that came ofter Ollie in the airvents? "Cloe, They're not Kandorians!"
he didn't really sound all that scared when he said that part.

Do you think That Clark pulls the dagger out and finally flys away, or that Martian Manhunter catches him since he has no superpowers with Blue Kryptonite near him?
Where do you think Aquaman and Impulse were? there were the only 2 missing members of JL I think.
How do you think Lois is gonna & Clark are gonna move forward now that Lois has finally figured out who The Blur is. You think Clark denies it or that Lois is now part of the secret squad and even more of a liability to Clark because she knows? Will they take her to Watch Tower? Will she find out Ollie is the Green Arrow and Chloe has been in on the secret almost the entire time Lois has been in the picture?

I think this whole season was solid. It's a shame they wasted season 5, 6 & 7 with so much nonsense. I also really hope that Lex(Rosenbaum) gets off his high horse and comes back for the final season so they can wrap this up properly.

Oh yes Seasons 5-7 were pretty disappointing, the creator's of the show leaving after season 7 was the best thing to happen to it. It is one of the few shows that improved tremendously later on its life.

I'm hoping the woman who is knitting is Granny Goodness, meaning Darkseid shows up in season 10 as the villain. Who knows what the things were that were attacking Green Arrow. What was especially awesome about this episode was the Clark "dream" about Metropolis in 2013 and receiving the superman uniform!

I just watched the episode again and the dream actually hinted that Lois already knows Clark is Superman. Also they mentioned Jimmy Olsen, who only 3 years from now would only be about 12-15years old tops. I doubt he'd be working at the Daily Planet.
I've also heard speculation that Darkseid could be next, but I don't know anything about who Granny Goodness is(I was more of a Marvel kid).
Care to inform me?

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 16, 2010, 03:06:08 AM »
Smallville season 9 finale - sogood.gif

2 cliffhangers in one episode and a huge tease right in the beginning.
Looks ti be a nice set-up for the final season, so I hope the get it together and do it right.

It was an amazing season finale, so many possibilities for season 10.

who do you think was the old lady that went into Tess' room after she flatlined?
and what do you think it was that came ofter Ollie in the airvents? "Cloe, They're not Kandorians!"
he didn't really sound all that scared when he said that part.

Do you think That Clark pulls the dagger out and finally flys away, or that Martian Manhunter catches him since he has no superpowers with Blue Kryptonite near him?
Where do you think Aquaman and Impulse were? there were the only 2 missing members of JL I think.
How do you think Lois is gonna & Clark are gonna move forward now that Lois has finally figured out who The Blur is. You think Clark denies it or that Lois is now part of the secret squad and even more of a liability to Clark because she knows? Will they take her to Watch Tower? Will she find out Ollie is the Green Arrow and Chloe has been in on the secret almost the entire time Lois has been in the picture?

I think this whole season was solid. It's a shame they wasted season 5, 6 & 7 with so much nonsense. I also really hope that Lex(Rosenbaum) gets off his high horse and comes back for the final season so they can wrap this up properly.

Oh yes Seasons 5-7 were pretty disappointing, the creator's of the show leaving after season 7 was the best thing to happen to it. It is one of the few shows that improved tremendously later on its life.

I'm hoping the woman who is knitting is Granny Goodness, meaning Darkseid shows up in season 10 as the villain. Who knows what the things were that were attacking Green Arrow. What was especially awesome about this episode was the Clark "dream" about Metropolis in 2013 and receiving the superman uniform!

I just watched the episode again and the dream actually hinted that Lois already knows Clark is Superman. Also they mentioned Jimmy Olsen, who only 3 years from now would only be about 12-15years old tops. I doubt he'd be working at the Daily Planet.
I've also heard speculation that Darkseid could be next, but I don't know anything about who Granny Goodness is(I was more of a Marvel kid).
Care to inform me?

Ah ok

Granny Goodness is one of Darkseid's minions, she is usually represented as being more on the masculine side in regards to her physical looks and is one of Darkseid's best soldiers
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #427 on: May 17, 2010, 05:04:20 PM »
I had no idea Smallville was still going.
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 17, 2010, 05:17:00 PM »
I had no idea Smallville was still going.

Not only still going, but best season is many many seasons.
Series finale is next season though, so if you were interested, this summeris the time to play catch-up

---------------

Community (on NBC)
Modern Warfare
^Hulu link to episode

A mash up of action movie stereotypes while the school is having a massive paintball fight where the last man standing gets a prize. Lots of laughs throughout the entire episode, especially the slow motion scene. Great execution on this episode.

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #429 on: May 17, 2010, 06:06:01 PM »
Would you recommend Smallville to someone who knows NOTHING about the mythology of Superman, or about comic books in general?
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 17, 2010, 07:04:39 PM »
yes. I don't know much about Superman comics myself, since I've never read one & I'm not a fan of Superman in general, but I'm a big Smallville fan (it start to fall apart somewhere around s5 an doesn't recover till s8. - <s9 just ended>)

I think it actually helps if you are unfamiliar with the mythos, but know who Superman is. Smallville covers from the beginning all the way up to his journey of becoming Superman, so you learn everything you need to during the show.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 17, 2010, 09:19:42 PM »
Would you recommend Smallville to someone who knows NOTHING about the mythology of Superman, or about comic books in general?

Not in the least, Smallville doesn't really follow the comics, just basic mythos picked here and there. It is its own unique entity and is completely stand alone. In fact fans of the comic whine all the time about how it doesn't follow them.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 18, 2010, 04:29:27 PM »
I use to like smallville but gave up on it because there are way better series to watch.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 19, 2010, 10:00:33 PM »
Well Smallville's season 10 will be its last.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/109/1091183p1.html

Kind of bitter sweet to me, because I still really enjoy the show especially these last couple of seasons, but I want the show to go out on its own, not by some last minute cancellation. This will give the writing staff time to build up to a proper ending for the series. So far the writing staff has improved every season and I hope the final season is one of the show's best now.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 19, 2010, 10:48:32 PM »
The Good Guys - Awesome/12

I checked this out because I loved Bradley Whitford on The West Wing, and it did not disappoint. He plays his character fantastically well, with some really hilarious lines, and a pretty good supporting cast. Really funny show; I can't wait to see more.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #435 on: May 20, 2010, 01:00:09 PM »
Season finale of Modern Family. Such a good show. Also, Sofia Vergara is so unbelievably good looking.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 20, 2010, 01:26:24 PM »
Season finale of Modern Family. Such a good show. Also, Sofia Vergara is so unbelievably good looking.

She was. In the last episode all wet in the bathing suit and especially hot in that white dress.
But I can't stand her voice sometimes. She reminds me of Fran Drescher (The Nanny).

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #437 on: May 20, 2010, 01:37:14 PM »
She said in an interview that she will exaggerate her accent on some words for comedic effect. But for the most part, that's what she really sounds like.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 20, 2010, 02:21:55 PM »
That sux cause Fran Dreschers voice is nails on a chalkboard to me.

Her voice reminds me of it way too often. Especially when whe speaks loud or drags on a certain sound like JaaAAAy, you so crAAAAzy

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 23, 2010, 12:58:51 AM »
The REAL Avatar (The Last Airbender) Books 1, 2 & 3 are streaming on Netflix
incase anyone wanted to catch up before the movie comes out.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 23, 2010, 07:37:20 AM »
Stargate Universe (Episode 18, Subversion) - 9/10. The perfect balance between humour and actual dramatic tension.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 23, 2010, 06:19:20 PM »
both Modern Family and the Middle are great shows, whoever set that block up should get a promotion

the last time ABC had anything decent was home improvement, and before that was TGIF
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 24, 2010, 12:31:31 AM »
ricky gervais show 1x13

funniest episode yet

black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 24, 2010, 02:33:48 PM »
Season 5 of Doctor Who

Bloody fantastic governor/10

The story dynamic has somewhat changed from last season with the change in doctors. Where in the last 3 seasons, the awesomeness that is David Tennant really helped carry the show, especially when he was attached to Martha Jones and at times questionable story telling. David had made it believable.

Matt Smith has massive shoes to fill and doesn't quite fill them, but he is still more than adequate for the job at hand. What is even more well planned and influential was the change in writers. With RTD stepping down has allowed some very fresh and most excellent writing. It's so good, that I am tempted to torrent the episodes instead of waiting for the broadcast.

The new companion Amy Pond/Karen Gillan is a feast for the eyes and full of baggage. Secondary characters are more important than ever and has more often than not displaced the doctor rendering him a observer himself.

Fantastic.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 25, 2010, 07:27:11 PM »
Season 5 of Doctor Who

Bloody fantastic governor/10

The story dynamic has somewhat changed from last season with the change in doctors. Where in the last 3 seasons, the awesomeness that is David Tennant really helped carry the show, especially when he was attached to Martha Jones and at times questionable story telling. David had made it believable.

Matt Smith has massive shoes to fill and doesn't quite fill them, but he is still more than adequate for the job at hand. What is even more well planned and influential was the change in writers. With RTD stepping down has allowed some very fresh and most excellent writing. It's so good, that I am tempted to torrent the episodes instead of waiting for the broadcast.

The new companion Amy Pond/Karen Gillan is a feast for the eyes and full of baggage. Secondary characters are more important than ever and has more often than not displaced the doctor rendering him a observer himself.

Fantastic.

Have you seen The Time of Angels and Flesh & Stone?

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 25, 2010, 07:47:59 PM »
Yeah I am now on The Time of Angels. It hit me side on with a surprise 2 parter. Oh that was a clever as hell episode making the "Perception filter" 4th wall breaking. I mean, bloody hell I should have noticed it before the "reveal" but the writers had distracted me from the obvious the entire time. I can't wait for the next part. Oh, I love how the "Church" has finally moved on.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 25, 2010, 08:29:31 PM »
the last time ABC had anything decent was home improvement

Speaking of which..

Home Improvement season 8 -- 6/10 augh??

Tacked-on Tool Time segments, throwaway cameos by half of the main cast, no more tool/life metaphors, boring guest stars. A couple very good eps here, but the disappointing ones stick out like a...sore, accidentally hammered thumb.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 25, 2010, 08:55:12 PM »
back to Sofia Vergara, google image search her name and be very satisfied :P
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 30, 2010, 10:57:50 AM »
Rome: 15/10

2 friends and I just watched the entire first season again over the course of 4 days and we're starting the second after we get back from Memorial Day vacation to Maine--I know weird, but IT is very good up here :) . Rome is the best show I have seen on T.V when done with this second season I will have watched it 8 or 9 times all the way through while watching episodes here and there as I introduced it to other people who loved it. It is for the most part historically accurate beginning with Caesar's rise to power and ending with Augutus becoming First Citizen. It tells the story of Rome mostly through the viewpoint of two of the greatest characters ever scripted in any T.V show. I could rant for hours and hours about this show, but I'll stop now.

Oh and Perm, thanks for the heads up... I like her better with dark hair, and that a$$!!!
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #449 on: May 31, 2010, 11:18:31 PM »
Season finale of House: They've been dragging the House/Cuddy thing on for WAY too long, so I'm SORT OF happy it's "resolved," but I also stopped caring a long time ago.