Author Topic: June is a mighty month for retail games (at least in NA)  (Read 3642 times)

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
June is a mighty month for retail games (at least in NA)
« on: June 03, 2016, 12:59:49 AM »
What are you buyin'?

The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
Minecraft: Wii U Edition
Mighty No. 9
Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Terraria

I'm interested in Minecraft, Mighty No. 9, and Mario & Sonic for now! :)
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: June is a mighty month for retail games (at least in NA)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 09:29:31 AM »
Hmmm I still have about 7 games in my backlog but if I HAD to buy anything, can it would probably be Mighty No. 9

I'm sure reviews will say it sucks and I probably shouldn't give Inufane my money but... I kinda just want my mega man fix.

Everything else is kinda meh to me, though I've been curious to finally actually try Minecraft for the first time...
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 09:31:31 AM »
Definitely getting TMS#FE.

Curious about Mario vs Sonic and Book of Unwritten Tales.

Will wait for a price drop on LEGO Star Wars.

Maybe get Minecraft down the road just as a curio.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 09:34:25 AM »
I'm hoping TMS#FE doesn't become rare too quickly or out of print. I'm interested in it, but with RPGs, I don't have a lot of time for them. With a 30+ hour game (or however long the game is) I could play two 15 hour games or three 10 hour games, etc. instead.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 12:12:19 PM »
TMS#FE just seems like a safe bet.  If I like it, great.  I figure it will become rare so if I don't like it it can always work as a good collectable.  I figure if you buy it around release you should be able to get a copy but I figure a niche RPG released at the tail end of an unpopular console's life is going to be a sought-after rarity a few years from now.  Though it is expected to get a proper retail release while Xenoblade was only available through Gamestop and Nintendo's online store so it was REALLY obscure.  In comparison you'll probably see this in stores for at least a few months.  Another nice thing about this is it might work well as an intro to the SMT franchise for me.

But it will be unplayed for a while.  I still have games I got as Christmas presents I haven't played yet.  I feel like I've barely put a dent in Xenoblade Chronicles X so I've got that to get back to as well.  This year is going to be weak for the Wii U but I realize I have enough backlog that I'm like a squirrel that's gathered enough nuts for the winter.  In terms of my schedule TMS could work as a Christmas present but I fear it might be hard to come by by then so I'll grab it at release and play it when I have the time.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 09:03:05 AM »
Certainly getting Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. It looks absolutely bonkers with a nonsensical plot, but I'm down for a turn-based RPG, especially one which such gorgeous locales as the Shibuya section they showed off a while back.

Also mildly curious about Book of Unwritten Tales II, it has off-tv play which is great. But I read that it's apparantly a 20 hour point & click adventure game and that's just way too long for me. Much prefer my adventure games in the Beneath A Steel Sky timeframe of like 5 hours max.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 09:44:45 AM »
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is a given, it's a beautiful high definition RPG from Atlus; the undisputed champions of RPGs.

Daan Koopman says Book of Unwritten Tales II on Wii U has some issues, but it's possible it'll get patched before release.

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2016, 09:41:59 PM »
I'm 100% in for Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. Not interested in any of the other June retail releases on the Wii U, but I am tempted to get some earlier Wii U games I missed (namely Bayonetta 1 and 2, and Pikmin 3) while I wait for Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2016, 10:33:49 AM »

I already own Minecraft digitally, but I'll get the physical disc for my sister so we can play together. Already got Tokyo Mirage Sessions and loving it. In the "wait for a price drop" camp on Force Awakens.

I forget, does Terraria support pointer controls? Because that will get me to pick it up as well. I feel like I asked this before and feel like the answer was yes.

Other than that I plan to pick up some games I missed like XCX, Star Fox, Mario Maker, and Splatoon. Though the latter two may wait longer because I want to hear if they will release up-ports to NX with added content.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2016, 10:45:04 AM »
Just found my answer to my question that I answered myself a month ago!

I still would never want to play terraria on a console because of how dependant the game is on your ability to aim and move at the same time to effectively be able to fight... particularly if you're using an attack that's ranged.

Does it support motion controls? Pointer controls would be a great feature for a game like this. But without pointer controls I'll stick to the PC version.

Just answered my question: Players can dig in using either the GamePad, Wii U Pro Controller, or Wii Remote and Nunchuk. You can share highlights of your escapades on Miiverse and compare your progress with other players on a global leaderboard too!
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast