Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1157553 times)

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Man, was I the only one who really didn't like Age of Ultron?
I don't love it like others here. It has it's issues but on the balance it is an enjoyable film and better than the first which I didn't like.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Man, was I the only one who really didn't like Age of Ultron?
It was not a great entry in the MCU. It was overly busy and filled with unnecessary action sequences. Too many plotlines going on at the same time and ultimately just a big fat buildup for Infinity War, which is immensely disappointing because I'd rather Marvel try to flesh out their universe with villains and heroes before going full-ham and mixing them all into one movie.

Whedon proves his one-liners are as satisfying as ever and that he enjoys writing the characters, but the arguments they've been having are stale at this point, especially since we've seen many of these characters evolve(aside from Thor, when is that guy going to get some development aside from being a hunky thunder god?)  past certain points. Ultron was not menacing in any way and the way the movie ended was such a dissatisfying conclusion for the character, likewise the Vision's origin was sloppy and unfocused.

I understand having to rewrite and edit things for the moviegoing audience and for the sake of brevity, but the "new" origins for both Ultron and Vision were lazy and cheap. Did it really have to be this way? Would couldn't include Hank Pym in this mess at all? What's worse is, now that movie will be completely forgotten due to being the first follow-up to Age of Ultron and having ittle connection with the events of the Infinity War.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
I wasn't super HYPED for Ultron, and it didn't deliver on the same level of excitement as the first movie did. Honestly, I'm more HYPED for how this all relates to Agents of SHIELD more than I am about how AoS tied into AoU.

Tonites AoS should hopefully be really good, and next weeks 2 part finale has me far more excited than Age of Ultron did.... not sure how that happened, but the show has been really good this season.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
I think they missed out on a chance to truly.shake up the univesr, I expected Scarlet Witch to pull a MORE MIRACLES moment, and basically open the MCU to superpowered heroes. 

I think it would have been a betterending to see Scarlet Witch do this and humanity together fight Ultron.  As it is I don't know whatthecivil war battle will be about.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
That's inhumans and they're playing SW up like her comic counterpart or jean grey where the avengers are going to have deal with her growing more powerful and not having that person who keeps her in check.

Plus this weeks sheild makes it sound like they're going toward the terrigen bomb.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
That's inhumans and they're playing SW up like her comic counterpart or jean grey where the avengers are going to have deal with her growing more powerful and not having that person who keeps her in check.

Plus this weeks sheild makes it sound like they're going toward the terrigen bomb.

That would be a pretty good idea.  They need SOMETHING, ANYTHING...to put more powerful super heroes into the world of MCU.  If they are willing to give a big world changing moment to the SHIELD TV show and not the movies that would be great.

Though if they did that...I could see it being a cliffhanger for season 2 with some true guest Avengers showing up for help.  Then, they could have a huge 2 part season 3 opener mini movie and include some of the Avengers in the story and get a good director and a decent budget for the episode...treat it like a mini-movie or something.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Opening scene to tonites AoS.... LMFAO

Agent Koenig greets Coulson at the door after his flight comes in
Koening: How was your flight sir?
Coulson: Another middle seat... but I remembered to bring you this;
::hands him a "Sky Mall" magazine::
Koenig: Sweet, thank you. They ["Sky Mall"] never go out of business...

[text at bottom of screen appears: One Year Ago]

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
[link]http://marvel.com/news/movies/24562/martin_freeman_joins_marvels_captain_america_civil_war[/link]

Martin Freeman joins Captain America 3! Any ideas on who he will play?
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Spider-Man.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
For some reason, I skimmed that as "Morgan Freeman", then read the Spider-Man suggestion.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
I'm not a fan of the superhero genre, but I'd buy a ticket to see Morgan Freeman play Spider-Man.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Saw AOU and the Avengers cartoon did it better. Better pacing, better threat, better humor. The only thing Age of Ultron did better was action, which was incredible. The Hulk vs iron Hulk was worth the price alone.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Saw AOU and the Avengers cartoon did it better. Better pacing, better threat, better humor. The only thing Age of Ultron did better was action, which was incredible. The Hulk vs iron Hulk was worth the price alone.

I have been watching the Avengers cartoon show and season 1 is not that great.  Hulk is always Hulk, no banner.  The flying car is stupid...and Hawkeye is treated with no respect in that show.  Perhaps season 2 is better...but as of now it is no Justice League animated series, which is a shame because the series does do a few things right. 

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Do yourself a favor and watch the last like 5 episodes. It's not amazing television like Avatar or POS but it's good for 20 minutes a week. And the last 5 or so episodes have been on point. They're so packed yet nicely paced that you hardly believe it all happened a half hour.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 05:51:45 PM by Hypotheliciously »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Season 2 OK

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Agents of SHIELD gets a season 3, and Agent Carter comes back to fill that mid season gap with a season 2 of its own!!
http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/abc-forever-cristela-resurrection-cancelled-1201490485/

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Man, that Civil War cast....
http://marvel.com/news/movies/24586/marvel_studios_begins_production_on_marvels_captain_america_civil_war

Chris Evans - Captain America
Robert Downey Jr - Iron Man
Scarlett Johansson - Black Widow
Sebastian Stan - Winter Soldier
Anthony Mackie - Falcon
Paul Bettany - The Vision
Jeremy Renner - Hawkeye
Don Cheadle - War Machine
Elizabeth Olsen - Scarlet Witch

Paul Rudd - Ant-Man

Chadwick Boseman - Black Panther
Emily VanCamp - Sharon Carter

Daniel Brühl - Baron Zemo
Frank Grillo - Crossbones

William Hurt - General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt†Ross

Martin Freeman - ? ? ?

Ant-Man joins party, but Fury wasn't mentioned...

and with Ant-man and Hawkeye in the same movie, that means this just became possible:

Edit: and the Russo's are officially directing A3/4
And bringing the current Cap2 writers with them
http://marvel.com/news/movies/24589/christopher_markus_stephen_mcfeely_to_write_marvels_2-part_avengers_infinity_war_event

Not to mention Avengers 3 & 4 are being filmed all at once and in IMAX.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 12:50:37 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Having seen the roster above, it brings some credibility to this rumor from last year regarding Ant-Man in Civil War and the return of Thunderbolt Ross.
http://www.blastr.com/2014-12-22/rumor-day-how-ant-man-connects-larger-marvel-cinematic-universe

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
    • View Profile
AoS S2 finale was awesome but WHAT THE HELL! GEMMA!!!!
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile

WUT DA FUQ!!!

They can't end like that. Between the Omega 3 and the morph stone, I need AoS back NOW!!

WTF.

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
    • View Profile
THANK YOU!

I thought I was the only one shocked!

But yeah, AoS keeps raising the bar. When does Agent Carter start again?
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
I enjoyed Mac in this one.  No moping this time and running around with an axe.

Hopefully he really gets some love in the next season. 

Still hoping for Xena to come back.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Everything was good about Agents of SHIELD the movie.

Mack was on point. In style, humor and purpose without hesitation*.
Skye was a badass. Taking on Multiple(wo)man, and before that Agent May.
Bobbi was a goddamn SAVAGE, from the nails to the sacrificial shot.
Hyde finally made a somewhat appearance, and he was entertaining the entire time, as usual.
Coulson is gonna get an upgrade hopefully, and he had Mack's quick thinking to thank for that. Probably that tissue regen from Dr. Cho, over a cybernetic implant from Stark.
And poor Fitz, just when he was getting back to normal, Simmons has to go and bait the hook... only to leave that poor boy hanging again.
Not to mention the rest of the audience.... Left us all hanging. **** was fucked up.

And Ward. Oh boy, fucking Ward. All kinds of fucked up in his storyline. May played that boy good.

Hail Hydra!!
Bring on Season 3 with the swiftness. I don't even care about the minimal tie in with AoU, in more interested in how Cap 3 is going okay off of s3 of AoS.
Inhumans about to be all up in this bitch.
It's about to get even crazier.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 09:43:54 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Unofficial - but Marvel may have their Spider-Man

https://instagram.com/p/2rUUFuDpsE/
RT! BREAKING! THE NEWS YOU BEEN WAITING FOR! MARVEL HAS FOUND THEIR NEW SPIDER-MAN! IT LOOKS LIKE IT'S GOING TO BE ASA BUTTERFIELD FOLKS AS MARVEL HAS OFFICIALLY ENTERED INTO NEGOTATIONS WITH BUTTERFIELD'S REPS! PAPERWORK HAS NOT BEEN FINALIZED YET! ONCE DEAL CLOSES EXPECT AN OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT! BOOM!
#MARVEL #MarvelStudios #MarvelComics #MCU #AsaButterfield #SpiderMan #CivilWar

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Looks like I might have been partially right about her seeing as the writers were ruining the hell out of her.

LOL Hydra is now a not much more than a biker gang.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?