Author Topic: Naruto  (Read 3900 times)

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
Naruto
« on: June 28, 2005, 05:42:24 AM »
Has anyone seen this anime? I love anime, and Naruto is by far, the next big thing. I believe it will be like DBZ-mania again in the US.

In a few weeks it will be shown on Cartoon Network, and I have bought all the DVDs that are out (1-124).

The show is about a a Ninja Village (Konoha Village or 'Leaf' Village) and their Ninja's. It has this comedy/action mix that we all love : ). Music is awesome (in jappanesse at least), art is good, story is incredible, well, I love it.

The best thing? Every Naruto game has been an exclusive Nintendo game. Why? I don't know, God is good I guess.
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Naruto
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 05:55:45 AM »
Actually there's a PS2 Naruto game in dev, and I hear that GC Naruto games won't make it over here for some bloody reason...

But yeah, I like the series...It got really slow for a while, but it's picking back up...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 05:55:49 AM »
Yeah, I started watching it, but overall I felt it was annoying and I didn't make it past episode seven.  Fights that last more than one episode are already overkill, and I hear they go much longer than that later on.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
    • View Profile
RE:Naruto
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2005, 06:13:13 AM »
PS2 game? I had no idea.

Fights lasting more than 1 episode? Well, yes. But it really depends on the story. In DBZ, the FIGHTS were the story, in Naruto, they are PART of the story.

KnowsNothing you really should give it a chance. The first episodes just set the characters up. There will be a moment in the future where you'll be like "I've seen him before, where?" Then you think, and you saw him/her on the very first episodes, in a class room. : )

I think that the GC games won't be ported because 1. Naruto hasn't started yet and 2. GC sales in the US...well, you know what I mean. Now the DS Naruto, THAT will surely get released once the anime hits.
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline CardBoardBox

• Official Forum Blast Processor
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2005, 07:29:16 AM »
It is a good series, but I do get annoyed when fights last a loooooong time(unless they are cool of course)  I hope it DOESN'T become a big mania, people that don't know what they are talking about annoy me.   Oh and not to mention that they will cut out all "inapropriate" parts(prolly just make Haku a girl =/, sexy no jutsu, that stuff )  Some parts in the story were boring...but all in all its a pretty good series.  I dont dl it anymore just read the manga, and I enjoy it.  

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2005, 08:20:26 AM »
Dang, I just noticed it was being done by Funimation. ; (
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2005, 11:46:35 AM »
I love it to death. My all time favorite cartoon/Anime. even though it's already been on TV for Six Seasons(141 episodes and a movie all on my media center) it still feels fresh, as if it's only getting started. I think this may past DragonBall and Gundam in episodes at the rate it's going. Yeah it can be really cheesy but that's part of the charm of the show.

I have no hope for the sad US version of the show. But I still think it will be as popular if not more so than DragonBall Z. The GameCube Naruto #3 is just as good as SmashBros. Yes it is!
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005, 06:02:03 PM »
I like the show, i get my weekly ep from db
I didnt like the movie and I stay away from fan sites because there so negative and moany about "fillers".
I personally dont see the deal with filers and there problem with them.
people are reading non-accurate bootleg hong kong made english manga's....that should be there main problem

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2005, 12:35:34 AM »
Speaking of Naruto filler episodes, The show is almost over as we know it. I think Episode 162 is the last one. But not to worry, its just geting a name change the same way Dragon Ball turned into DragonBall Z. "Naruto Plus3" "Naruto: of manhood side(?bad translation?) something of the sort.
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2005, 03:44:00 AM »
I don't know on which exact episode, but yes, they'll get a name change. But it will also change the show, it will no longer be teens, they'll be adults, so I guess it'll be even better. As long as there are no 'aliens' involved...
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2005, 05:15:34 AM »
They are still teens and no longer kids, that's the right way to put it. They should be around 16 to 17 years old so they aren't adults, at least they look that way. Hopefully they don't forget to show the Kakashi Gaiden before they start with second part of Naruto story.

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2005, 05:30:17 AM »
I stand corrected. I also wish for that they show the Kakashi story : )
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2005, 05:40:49 AM »
The only reason the PS2 games are comming to US is because Bandai  made the games so Bandai is publishing the games in America, the cube games were made by TOMY and the last TOMY GC game that was released in America was Zoids that was published by Atari so if you want the Cube games pray that someone like Atari, Nintendo or Bandai picks them up, localizes and publishes them.  
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.