Gaming Forums > General Gaming

3rd Annual NWR Four on Four

<< < (5/5)

M.K.Ultra:

--- Quote from: Luigi Dude on May 02, 2023, 02:05:18 PM ---As someone that actually 100% Galaxy 2 back in the day, I'm going to have to push back.  Yes a good amount of Green Stars are just find the star hidden somewhere in the stage, but a lot of them are also in plain sight and require either doing tricky platformer challenges or climbing up area's you wouldn't even think you could in the base game.  It made replaying the game again as Luigi more interesting since his higher and longer jumps were put to good use in getting them.

--- End quote ---

Of course Luigi Dude is going to enjoy the green stars  ;)
I admit I gave up after about two of these so I probably did not give these challenges their fare due. I had planned to just do that post game part, but when I fired up the game I realized my save file from the first play through was on a different Wii that I have since sold. Starting from scratch I felt ready for a break after the 120 regular missions. I suppose in another 10 years when I play the game again I will finally complete it.

--- Quote from: Luigi Dude on May 02, 2023, 02:05:18 PM ---Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
I beat the game on Normal mode last year and found it pretty meh.  Decided to play it again on Hard mode to see if I might enjoy it more.  Nope, it's actually worse since the sluggish controls and terrible hitbox detection, now combined with harder hitting enemy and bosses that all take more hits to kill, a truly miserable experience.  I looked up Youtube video's to see how people actually played this **** and of course they just grind to max out their souls early on to curbstomp everything.  Pretty much proves what I was thinking when I played it last year, this game was pretty much made for the IGA vania fans who love to grind to completely negate any challenge, while anyone that doesn't like to grind will be stuck with a mediocre to outright terrible action game.

--- End quote ---

I had a similar experience with the game the first time around. I have been meaning to get back and play it in a different way. I was thinking of trying out some different mode but I forgot what all has been done. According to the games site, here are the modes available:

* Speedrun Mode
* Boss Rush Mode
* Randomizer Mode
* Chaos Mode
* Classic Mode
* Boss Revenge ModeThere are also new playable characters. I will try to get around to this sometime this year and probably just pick something on the spot.

--- Quote from: Luigi Dude on May 02, 2023, 02:05:18 PM ---No More Heroes 3
Well that was pretty fun, probably my favorite game in the series.  Story had me laughing most of the time and a lot of the boss fights were actually pretty good.

--- End quote ---

This was my favorite as well. I really like the story and how ridiculous it was. I can't wait for Suda 51's next game!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version