Gaming Forums > General Gaming

Sitting on the sidelines: PS5 vs XB Series X

<< < (8/8)

NWR_insanolord:
The Series X interface is, as far as I can tell, identical to the Xbox One's, which I like, and fits the approach Microsoft seems to be taking with the platform.

Order.RSS:
Sounds like it's still in very rough shape. Are those disc reading issues firmware or hardware problems you reckon? Hope they'll smooth out when they inevitably overhaul the user interface. Wild how one of the controllers is drifting a month in. Seems like several of the modern controllers have this issue currently. With Nintendo it seems to come down to poor design, but I wonder if increased complexity and/or lower quality components are compounding issues, or something else is causing these issues.

pokepal148:

--- Quote from: NWR_insanolord on March 27, 2021, 08:25:44 PM ---The Series X interface is, as far as I can tell, identical to the Xbox One's, which I like, and fits the approach Microsoft seems to be taking with the platform.

--- End quote ---
It's ironic that they're using the same ui considering this is the same company that introduced like 8 different ui overhauls on the 360.

M.K.Ultra:
Well I am no longer on the sidelines as I picked up a PS5 in December. It was very difficult to get a hold of for MSRP back then, I am not sure if it has gotten any easier. I used the following site's discord: https://fastalerts.io/ which would provide notifications with restocks at all the major retailers. After a month of stalking the sites I scored through Costco. I did not resort to buying memberships for Best Buy or Walmart, but did use the Costco membership I already had. I also had to buy a bundle with a second controller, year of PSN, and headphones. I have only played through the Astro-Bot game and it is great, though not as fun as the VR one in my opinion. I have a couple other games I picked up on sale, but mostly have been waiting for the new Horizon game. The console itself is super fast to load and super quiet (for now). Also, as big as it is, it fit nicely in my TV stand on its side. I will probably get a Series X when they get cheap since Microsoft is buying up all the devs, including one of my favorites, Compulsion games.

Mop it up:
Over a year later and I still don't know why people want these things, but that's usually the way it goes. I'm a bit of a hypocrite as I say that though, having bought the Xbox Series X back in September, but, well, it was probably a dumb decision for me too. Though between selling my Xbone and a line ticket, it hardly cost anything to upgrade. With how almost the entire library on both is just enhanced versions of games, they feel more like a mid-gen upgrade yet again than anything.

By the way, any other Xboxers here? My gamertag is "Mop it up" if anyone would like to add.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version