Author Topic: Wii U - e3 is over... now what?  (Read 1591199 times)

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U
« Reply #4075 on: September 12, 2012, 11:45:01 PM »
I'm hearing NoJ will be having a NintendoDirect sometime tonight, I think 3am.  That should provide us night owls with significant info before tomorrow's 10am presentation.  As for games, I'm expecting a complete reveale of DQX for the WiiU at this NintendoDirect tonight.  I can't wait to see how that game looks in action. 

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #4076 on: September 12, 2012, 11:50:00 PM »
NCL (technically there is no NOJ) is having 2 events. One is at 3AM ET, where there will announce stuff like launch price and date. The other is an actual Nintendo Direct and will be held at the same time as the North American one.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: September 13, 2012, 01:03:22 AM »
Are both Japanese events Nintendo Directs? Or is one a press conference like the one in New York?

And I think the main Japanese event (announcing price and release date) is scheduled for midnight (North American time).

Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #4078 on: September 13, 2012, 01:08:30 AM »
There is no "North American time" as their are 11 time zones in North America. At 4PM Japan time (3AM Eastern time, 12AM Pacific Coast time), they will have a Nintendo Direct video featuring launch info.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: September 13, 2012, 01:14:34 AM »
There is no "North American time" as their are 11 time zones in North America. At 4PM Japan time (3AM Eastern time, 12AM Pacific Coast time), they will have a Nintendo Direct video featuring launch info.

You know what I meant. Japan has their own time zone all to themselves? Lucky dogs.

Also, is the event in New York a press conference, or a Nintendo Direct?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #4080 on: September 13, 2012, 01:29:16 AM »
Japan is small enough that their whole country can fit into any of the US's 4 main time zones.

BTW, Nintendo of Japan will be having a SECOND Nintendo Direct today, at 10AM Eastern time (the same time as the US and European events) to focus just on games. As for the US event, this is what a NWR article says: Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime will take the stage and rattle off some news regarding the Wii U that we have been dying to hear. Specifically, the launch date and price.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #4081 on: September 13, 2012, 01:32:03 AM »
Japan is small enough that their whole country can fit into any of the US's 4 main time zones.

BTW, Nintendo of Japan will be having a SECOND Nintendo Direct today, at 10AM Eastern time (the same time as the US and European events) to focus just on games. As for the US event, this is what a NWR article says: Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime will take the stage and rattle off some news regarding the Wii U that we have been dying to hear. Specifically, the launch date and price.

So the US one is an actual press conference then. I wonder why Japan and Europe are only having pre-recorded announcements, instead of a full-fledged media event.

I hope North America gets a Nintendo Direct focusing only on the games. Japan always gets the good stuff.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4082 on: September 13, 2012, 03:46:08 AM »
So a release date of 12/8 in Japan.  Guess that probably means December for most of the world.

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: September 13, 2012, 03:49:33 AM »
I'm actually suprised they actually talked specs during the presentation lol.  2 gigs of ram?  Nice lol.  1 whole gig for the OS, sh*t is crazy.  That just tells me that the OS will be fully featured if it requires that much ram.  Also, in the future, once they shrink the OS footprint, that'll free up more ram for the actual games.  Its a win win situation. 

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #4084 on: September 13, 2012, 03:55:16 AM »
Oh no! But I will need that system ram to have Miiverse, the internet browser, and whatever background applications at the ready.

Really eager to see what system stuff the Wii U will have. Heh, maybe there will be system level support for streaming video to Twitch.tv or something. Nah, that's such a niche thing still.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: September 13, 2012, 11:28:24 AM »
So as far as seemingly good exclusives we have:

ZombieU
Rayman Legends
The Wonderful 101
Bayonetta

Is Monster Hunter 3 Unlimited new?

Not including Nintendo's own games, these exclusives are enough to hold me for a good while. Then we have:

Tekken Tag 2: Wii U addition, complete with Nintendo stuff!
Assassins Creed 3
Black Ops 2
Ninja Gaiden 3(maybe good)
Trine 2 Directors Cut
Batman
Aliens CM

With NSMBU, Nintendo Land, Pikmin and Lego, that is all more than enough to hold me until March. It's too much actually no way I can pick them all up and enjoy them.

This is a really good launch window line up. Though Aliens probably wont be there.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #4086 on: September 13, 2012, 11:47:21 AM »
"Nintendo's next console will launch in North America on November 18 this year, 66 days from now.

It will be available as a "Basic Set" in white with the Wii U, Wii U Gamepad, AC Adapter for each, HDMI cable, and sensor bar for $299.99. The basic Wii U will have 8 GB of internal storage. There will also be a "Deluxe Set" for $349.99 including all items in the Basic Set in black, 32 GB storage, a GamePad charger, a stand for gamepad and console, and NintendoLand included. Deluxe Set buyers get enrolled in the Deluxe Digital Promotion, with points awarded for digital purchases, for use to buy more digital content.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Looks like the US gets the best packaged deal.  Can't believe Nintendo attained rights to Bayonetta 2, didn't see that coming.  Everything else was expected though.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 11:49:51 AM by Ymeegod »

Offline Do_What

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: September 13, 2012, 11:55:36 AM »
I wonder what the deal is with Ninja Gaiden 3. Why is NoA so hot to get that game here that they're publishing it? I hear it really isn't even that good. I'm beyond stoked for this system though. That was a good press event. I don't have cable, but the Nintendo TV thing looks real slick. I think it'll do good things for them in the press. I think people really underestimate the system coming with that tablet controller. There's zero barrier to entry for using that stuff. You  know it works with it. Smart glass and the PS3/Vita thing requires two things that you can't buy together and there is no guarantee that you have both.
Overall, the price feels a little high, but whatever. I'll buy one at launch. They need to get on that game pricing out there though. Seeing $99.99 for games on websites is not any good. I would like some more details on the digital stuff. I'd buy Mario U digitally, but if the system doesn't have background downloads it's kind of unexciting as a launch day proposition.
(╯°□°)╯︵ â”»â”â”»

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4088 on: September 13, 2012, 12:10:31 PM »
No word yet on how much the Pro controller and separate GamePad will cost in the US. Ideally, it would be $35 and $70 respectively while the Remote Plus and Nunchuck drops to $25 and $10, but only in a dream land.

I'm currently undecided. I will definitely buy the deluxe set because it's a better deal and I want the black console, but I'm on the fence over getting it at launch. Both SKUs are about $50 more than I want to spend.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4089 on: September 13, 2012, 12:14:59 PM »
I wonder what the deal is with Ninja Gaiden 3. Why is NoA so hot to get that game here that they're publishing it? I hear it really isn't even that good.

The Wii U version is suppose to be a huge improvement over 360/PS3 version.  Of course the 360/PS3 version was terrible so even a huge improvement still might not be enough.  But in the end the Wii U version will still end up being the best version of the game, whether it's actually good now or just less bad.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Tamazoid

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4090 on: September 13, 2012, 12:15:46 PM »
I wonder what the deal is with Ninja Gaiden 3. Why is NoA so hot to get that game here that they're publishing it? I hear it really isn't even that good.

It seems that Nintendo have become close partners with Tecmo-Koei. Versions of Warriors Orochi 3 , Romance of the 12 Kingdoms are being released for Japan. Plus the Fatal Frame series seems to have become Nintendo Exclusive now. Coupled with Team Ninja working on Other M it seems like they are becoming a major third party partner of Nintendo and a supporter of the WiiU.

Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor from all reports is an improvement on Ninja Gaiden 3, might not mean it's a good game but apparently Nintendo are helping Team Ninja improve it so we will see.
Follow me on Twitter
Or join in at the castle

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4091 on: September 13, 2012, 01:00:59 PM »

It seems that Nintendo have become close partners with Tecmo-Koei. Versions of Warriors Orochi 3 , Romance of the 12 Kingdoms are being released for Japan. Plus the Fatal Frame series seems to have become Nintendo Exclusive now. Coupled with Team Ninja working on Other M it seems like they are becoming a major third party partner of Nintendo and a supporter of the WiiU.
We still aren't getting the DOA series though.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4092 on: September 13, 2012, 01:05:15 PM »
Is Monster Hunter 3 Unlimited new?
An HD version of 3G was released for the PS3 last year in Japan only and Iwata called the game MH3G HD Version.  So this will be the only HD console version getting released in the US.

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4093 on: September 13, 2012, 01:18:45 PM »
Even though i already pre order my wii u, i came out a bit disappointed with the final price of both units and the fact that nintendo did not made any huge announcements regarding games other than what we already knew like cod but until now nintendo had not confirm it. I also wonder if it was done on purpose so third parties could announced upcoming products at TGS.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4094 on: September 13, 2012, 01:24:28 PM »
Beyonetta 2 is a semi-big deal. I'm inclined to agree for the most part though. Resident Evil 6 would have single-handedly forced me off the fence. I'll probably just get it on PS3 now.

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #4095 on: September 13, 2012, 02:05:58 PM »
Am I the only one coming out of this in shock from Nintendo TVii?  I was blown away by that presentation.  Given Nintendo's "games come first" approach, I was no where near expecting what I saw today about the TVii service.  At most, all I was expecting was a UI similar to the PS3 where you select different apps such as Netflix through the use of the touchscreen.  This total integration is amazing, especially for me since I'm a Tivo owner.  If they can get NFL games set up how the college football games were shown, then this will be a steel for fantasy football players.  People pay big money to these dish networks here in the US for a similar service. 

Also, I think the introduction of Nintendo TVii has basically forced MS and Sony to now HAVE TO copy this touchpad control design if they still want to persue the "master of your living room" settop box approach they've been gunning for.  Without a touchscreen control, I have no idea how MS and Sony can develop a better UI that would integrate all your media into one hub like Nintendo has here. 

I still can't believe that this will literally change how I watch TV now.  Never would I have thought it would come to this lol.  All this just gives me even more hope for Nintendo's online service.  If they can nail this down so tight, I can only imagine what they got planned for their online network. 

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: September 13, 2012, 02:09:59 PM »
Man I wish there was a video somewhere up. I woke up just as the Tvii presentation ended.

Edit: Yay!

I'm in! This and Miiverse, a double wammy of Trojan Horses.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 02:16:40 PM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #4097 on: September 13, 2012, 02:17:20 PM »
@mannypon, I am with you.
That TVii thing just kicked the crap out of Sony and Microsoft and all the Ninty haters that worship PS3 or XBox360.

Nintendo now owns your living room...and your LIFE.

The Wii U now has it all:
HD
The third party games that largely ignored Wii first time around (or barfed up down-ports)
The coolest TV integration available
All the Nintendo exclusives that you know you want.
All at a very reasonable price (IMHO)
(I sound like a comercial, LOL)

This mornig's presentation blew me away. Nintendo maybe should just pull out of E3 altogether and continue doing its own things. I am fine with them controlling their messaging and doing it when it suits them. The Nintendo Directs and their other conferences, like this one, are good.

Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4098 on: September 13, 2012, 02:21:16 PM »
I'm definitely psyched about Nintendo TVii, even more so if I can stream to the GamePad. That said, it's weird that Nintendo's stance on DVD/Blu Ray playback is what it still is. Who doesn't have a device that can at Netflix, Hulu etc? Ut's the same principle. I have a PS3, but I would probably rarely switch to it if I could just play DVD/Blu Ray on Wii U.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: September 13, 2012, 02:24:59 PM »
I'm pretty satisfied with everything so far. What are the general worries?

How online works?
Nintendo's games that we know will show up?
More 3rd party exclusives?
Over all power and if it will be able to stand up to the PS420?

RomanceDawn