Author Topic: Wii U - e3 is over... now what?  (Read 1572223 times)

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
Re: Wii U
« Reply #4050 on: September 11, 2012, 10:41:31 AM »
So, if I'm understanding this correctly...

Nintendo of America is holding an event on Thursday at 9 a.m. central time - BUT the catch is that we won't be able to watch it live online. We'll only be able to read about it through various websites (NWR, of course) and blogs. But Nintendo of Europe is holding a Nintendo-Direct presentation that we will be able to watch online showcasing Wii U and all related information concerning launch - even if it is for PAL territories. Is this correct? If so...

NoE wins again.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Tamazoid

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: September 11, 2012, 11:19:45 AM »
Well technically NoE are taking the cheaper and easier option. It would cost more effort and money for NoA to actually host a physically press event. There are merits to both options.
Follow me on Twitter
Or join in at the castle

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: September 11, 2012, 12:37:06 PM »
Might just be pre-event hype but I'm honestly looking forward to wii U. Was going to get a win8 tab instead but I can wait and just use my laptop. Can wait for a tablet during may. (Which was when I was going to wait for a wii U) so I can see all the kinks that are in the first gen hardware are done look at the 2nd gen hardware.

Also am I the only one who is kind of sad blast metroid might not have a mode where we play without that stupid ship and its just power suit vs power suit. 

Also hoping my gameinformer comes today.
There's apparently a "horde" mode where continuous waves of enemies attack and you have to kill them. I think with-or-without the ship, that would still be cool.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: September 11, 2012, 02:19:44 PM »
So, if I'm understanding this correctly...

Nintendo of America is holding an event on Thursday at 9 a.m. central time - BUT the catch is that we won't be able to watch it live online. We'll only be able to read about it through various websites (NWR, of course) and blogs. But Nintendo of Europe is holding a Nintendo-Direct presentation that we will be able to watch online showcasing Wii U and all related information concerning launch - even if it is for PAL territories. Is this correct? If so...

NoE wins again.

Does NoE really win? Or has NoA simply lost yet again?

Think about it!

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: September 11, 2012, 03:23:57 PM »
But NOA has the actual event where people will be actually able to play games. They could always do it apple style and release the video a little bit afterwards.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: September 11, 2012, 03:36:37 PM »
True. But will the event be open to the public, or is it just journalists? If it's the latter, are they going to have new games to show off, or will it just be E3 Redux?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4056 on: September 11, 2012, 07:03:20 PM »
Most likely.  I would say no new games...however, they may have new modes to like Nintendo Land to play.  I do expect a video presentation of one or two new games not shown yet.  Just to help create hype.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: September 11, 2012, 07:45:41 PM »
Most likely.  I would say no new games...however, they may have new modes to like Nintendo Land to play.  I do expect a video presentation of one or two new games not shown yet.  Just to help create hype.

I don't expect a lot of new game announcements/demos, but I AM (against my better judgement) expecting SOME... like for CoD:BO2 to finally get confirmed once and for all, gosh darn it!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: September 11, 2012, 11:38:54 PM »
I think that we will eventually get a Legend of Zelda HD collection for the Wii U, and it will include the following games:

• LoZ: A Link to the Past HD
  • LoZ: Ocarina of Time HD (the 3DS version with HD graphics)
  • LoZ: Majora's Mask HD (an HD version of the eventual 3DS game)
  • LoZ: Wind Waker HD
  • LoZ: Twilight Princess HD
  • LoZ: Skyward Sword HD (probable, but unlikely)

Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #4059 on: September 11, 2012, 11:53:23 PM »
I think there is very little chance of that happening, and if it did then it would be at least $70. I don't see the motivation to go and and re-do those games in HD. At most, I can see them going the Sony route and only up-scaling them to HD (rather than re-do them in true HD).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: September 11, 2012, 11:56:30 PM »
I think there is very little chance of that happening, and if it did then it would be at least $70. I don't see the motivation to go and and re-do those games in HD. At most, I can see them going the Sony route and only up-scaling them to HD (rather than re-do them in true HD).

An upscaled version of Wind Waker alone would sell like hot cakes. Each individual game could be sold for $19.99, and with Skyward Sword for $49.99.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4061 on: September 12, 2012, 12:19:33 AM »
Well they could definitely upscale the 3D games.  I could see that being very possible. 

However, I don't see it being a collection, but rather individually sold games.  That way that price of $70.00 that it would cost would seem much better...and reality it would be probably closer to $80.00.

The biggest problem is recreating LttP in HD.  As it would require completely redoing the games art assets.  Boy would I love for Nintendo to take the time to do that.  In fact...if Nintendo would do that and use HD sprites for LttP, Zelda 2 (making the combat better) Link's Awakening, and online 4 swords adventure and battle mode...I would spend full price for that game.  $39.99 easy.  I guess you could add in the original Zelda too...with a proper and reworked over world with more areas to explore and less screen copying. 

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: September 12, 2012, 12:23:32 AM »
Well they could definitely upscale the 3D games.  I could see that being very possible. 

However, I don't see it being a collection, but rather individually sold games.  That way that price of $70.00 that it would cost would seem much better...and reality it would be probably closer to $80.00.

The biggest problem is recreating LttP in HD.  As it would require completely redoing the games art assets.  Boy would I love for Nintendo to take the time to do that.  In fact...if Nintendo would do that and use HD sprites for LttP, Zelda 2 (making the combat better) Link's Awakening, and online 4 swords adventure and battle mode...I would spend full price for that game.  $39.99 easy.  I guess you could add in the original Zelda too...with a proper and reworked over world with more areas to explore and less screen copying.

Like I said, people would go nuts for a Wind Waker HD, and I would love a HD version of the reworked N64 games. Those muddy textures are too hard to deal with this late in the game.

Offline PrawnCocktail

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: September 12, 2012, 08:21:10 AM »
I'm so excited for the conference tomorrow - I wonder what tricks the big N will have up their sleeves!

Counting down the days to the Wii U launch!!!
Top 3 games:
1. New Super Mario Bros U
2. Nintendo Land
3. ZombiU

Everything I know so far:
The Wii U is an upcoming home console from Nintendo and the first home console to be revealed of the Eighth generation. It features a tablet controller with a 6.5" touch screen, sensor bar, as well as traditional buttons and control sticks. The Wii U willl also feature full backwards-compatibility with the Wii and all controllers and peripherals for it, though Nintendo GameCube compatibility has been removed...

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: September 12, 2012, 08:30:28 AM »
Just expect the E3 conference. Then you can't be disappointed.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #4065 on: September 12, 2012, 10:23:35 AM »
I should be reserved but what the hell, all aboard the hype train.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: September 12, 2012, 12:10:49 PM »
I'm expecting a release date, price, and other specifics about what will be available at launch.  I don't expect any new games to be announced or anything like that.

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: September 12, 2012, 12:12:22 PM »
Just expect the E3 conference. Then you can't be disappointed.
pretty much

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: September 12, 2012, 12:47:45 PM »
Don't let your heart become black as night! Believe!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: September 12, 2012, 01:54:37 PM »
They'll be some new games shown.  People have remember this will be Nintendo's last big conference until E3.  Basically most of the games that are going to be released between now and June 2013 will be shown or announced here.  They do this every year during the fall conference and in some cases like 2008, the fall conference ends up much bigger then E3.

Now I'm not saying people should get overhyped, but the fall conference is a much bigger deal then some of you might think.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: September 12, 2012, 03:39:19 PM »
Okay, who's staying up until midnight pacific time to watch Iwata's Direct stream?  I'm super excited to hear about Japan's launch details.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: September 12, 2012, 04:09:27 PM »
I remain skeptical, but highly optimistic.

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: September 12, 2012, 10:50:29 PM »
They'll be some new games shown.  People have remember this will be Nintendo's last big conference until E3.  Basically most of the games that are going to be released between now and June 2013 will be shown or announced here.

So that means there really will be a surprise announcement of F-Zero U, and it'll be releasing before summer!

........ let me be delusional

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: September 12, 2012, 10:53:24 PM »
Resident Evil 6 will be announced as a Wii U launch title.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: September 12, 2012, 11:02:42 PM »
Resident Evil 6 will be announced as a Wii U launch title.

That'd be awesome (even though word around the internet is that RE6 isn't looking that great after all?), but I've been hurt too many times before...
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.