Author Topic: Future Mafia Games  (Read 413441 times)

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
Re: Future Mafia Games
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2009, 04:25:46 PM »
I'm calling it now then:  Sometime in the (near?) future, I will be the proud host of Office Space Mafia.

Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2009, 05:26:11 PM »
Ok, I'll slot you in for Mafia 34.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2009, 06:00:08 PM »
I have dreams of a triple A mafia game. It will have illustrations every day, a full scripted storyline, a fixed time limit, a scoring system, and prizes. One day Khush, one day.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2009, 06:36:10 PM »
Are you telling me that you want me to do it? Or do you think you can pull it off?

Because I can think of right now how I would do that game and I could do it successfully. The closest game that matches what you want would be the Sonic mafia. It had illustrations every day. A prize of good value. The storyline was just random to make a joke for most deaths. It's a fixed time limit since someone is going to win at some point.

Then there was Star Wars mafia. It had a scoring system in that everbody had a value and if the bounty hunter killed enough people and collected a high value amount, he could spend it on a thermal detonator.

Anyways, I'll tell you right now what I would do for your A mafia game and you can tell me if you think that it would meet you dream.

I mentioned once before doing an RPG themed mafia. I could make a soaring storyline for it. Something like Mafia X. The F-Zero mafia. That was probably my best story and even then, I could do better. Really plot it out. Since I'd have story points, I'd be ready with illustrations. I could throw in a few prizes.

In my crazy Funhouse mafia, Mafia 12, I experimented with a time limit. I could ensure of the game following a strict time. I could make a scoring sytem also. I could do something along the lines of Mario Kart mafia where people are a certain value to kill off, ala an RPG or I could follow up on my bounty hunter experiment.

Hmmm. Now that I have a direction, as soon as this mafia wraps up, I'm planning this triple AAA game.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2009, 07:24:23 PM »
Here's my pitch: NWR themed mafia. Each person is playing themselves, required to change their avatar to a photo of themeselves. Instructions are emailed out. Each person has a set of goals and abilities. Scenario is everyone at a remote snowed-in resort. Photo or illustrated header each day. Death ensues and continues until rescue by snow plow 1 week later. Scores are tallied and prizes are given.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2009, 07:34:01 PM »
I like that ShyGuy.I might not be able to do that Photo of myself unless I can find someone that has a camera and finds a way to upload it.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2009, 11:20:00 PM »
Here's my pitch: NWR themed mafia. Each person is playing themselves, required to change their avatar to a photo of themeselves. Instructions are emailed out. Each person has a set of goals and abilities. Scenario is everyone at a remote snowed-in resort. Photo or illustrated header each day. Death ensues and continues until rescue by snow plow 1 week later. Scores are tallied and prizes are given.

Don't think it will happen. Not everyone wants to post personal information on a message board even if it is just a picture. What kind of photo of each day? What kind of score? The number of times a person is able to kill a player?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2009, 02:19:46 AM »
The concept is this. Each person is sent a photo of a playing card. On the face of the playing card is a note with their role and their goal.

For example their goal may be: "Vote before Khush and influence him to vote the same way two days in a row" Or, "Vote out vudu in three days" Or, "Protect stevey from being voted out" Or "Deceive Maxi into killing a good guy" They are awarded points for accomplishing their goal.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2009, 03:04:50 AM »
So let me get this straight. Lets take your "Maxi decieve into killing goodguy" example Since I have voted for lots of good guys this game.Everytime I vote for a good guy and they are voted out.That person with that directive gets a point. Then Night actions happen. Whoever survives at the end of the game and with the most points wins?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2009, 03:50:28 AM »
Yeah, something like that. I'm thinking a point for every night you vote properly according to your alliance. It would add an interesting element where mafia could betray themselves in a quest for more points.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2009, 04:48:25 AM »
Shy Guy I love the idea I hope soon that you can start a game about it.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2009, 06:00:03 AM »
I'll grab Mafia 35 for Mario Kart Mafia 2.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2009, 08:33:32 AM »
I've had ideas chugging around in my head for a while now. I'll call Mafia 36, that'll give me a chance to make it decent.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2009, 08:39:01 AM »
I'm not so sure about "office space mafia" and the more I think about it, the more I'm leaning away from doing that game. 

I'll give it some thought and see if I can't come up with a better theme. 

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2009, 11:40:33 AM »
Was just looking at the HoF thread - has there really never been a standard Mushroom Kingdom mafia?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2009, 11:45:31 AM »
Actually, no. This is something I was just thinking about myself.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2009, 11:46:22 AM »
Maybe I'll do that instead of Office Space.

I was thinking either that or Zelda.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2009, 11:49:34 AM »
Sure. It's your game. Speaking of which, Stevey seems to be back up to host. Hopefully, he'll announce a time and theme soon.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2009, 11:58:52 AM »
Sure. It's your game. Speaking of which, Stevey seems to be back up to host. Hopefully, he'll announce a time and theme soon.

...and clearly defined rules.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2009, 12:06:00 PM »
Hi-ohhhhhhh.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2009, 12:13:04 PM »
I'm actually thinking of doing one.I have my theme and some roles thought out but it might have to wait till I get a laptop or the CPU gets fixed.I want to do the story quick and I want to be able to respond quickly to people.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2009, 12:22:37 PM »
I'm actually thinking of doing one.I have my theme and some roles thought out but it might have to wait till I get a laptop or the CPU gets fixed.I want to do the story quick and I want to be able to respond quickly to people.

I set myself an aim to get all PM's responded to within 9 hours. Not easy given the fact i was dual-hosting, i was around 5-8 hours behind most people and i was at work and college at the same time.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2009, 01:24:27 PM »
Okay, I'm gonna lay claim to Mafia 34: SUPER MAFIA BROS.

I've got all my roles pretty much drafted up.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2009, 08:06:57 PM »
I have a suggestion that I'm sure is going to prove unpopular--don't do dead threads in the future.

During this game (especially towards the end) there was so much hinting/speculating/foreshadowing going on in the dead thread I'm really surprised it didn't ruin the game.  This kind of talk tends to hurt the mafia far more than the townies and it's hard enough as it is to win as mafia.

Here are a few examples.

I wonder if the Bomber role is known...and by whom.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Quiet you!  If you admit to knowing who the bomber is it might help people guess his identity.  If EasyCure hadn't gone AWOL on us, it would have been very difficult for a Coon win.  I didn't need it, but for a while I was holding out hope of clueless townies voting out EasyCure (since I knew Pale knew his role and I was 80% sure Pale he was Crazy Red).

But, the Foxes do have a chance to even the odds tonight...but is it alittle too late?  Basically, if they get voted out this round the game is over.  If they can vote out a Coon and Strike a Coon it is even again...but is that enough? 

The only chance that the Fox mafia and townies have now is to join together.  The Foxes have to hit the Coons, and they need to vote out a Coon this round as well.  It is the only way they can ensure a potential victory, but even that isn't enough, because they need to also have to remain hidden from the Coon mafia's hit the next day. 

What a wild day...the game is in the end play...but the townies and foxes together could turn it around for the better.

It would be nice if Spak wouldn't start giving away winning strategies to the opposing team.  Maybe they hadn't thought of that!

I don't like where this vote is going.There are lots of clues as to who mafia is at this point.

Maxi might as well have said "everyone who voted for Insanolord is a Coon".  Give the living a  chance to catch up!
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2009, 08:25:55 PM »
At that time I didn't know that Insanolord was a fox.I was hinting at how people that were confirmed Mafia at that point had voted similar to people that I suspected were Mafia.
Alexis, she/her/Miss