Author Topic: I served in the Console War. AMA  (Read 1969 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
I served in the Console War. AMA
« on: September 23, 2020, 05:18:14 PM »
I was at the Battle of Gamefaqs. The enemy barraged us with scratched discs and nearly finished us off with their dreaded Red Rings of Death. It's a miracle I'm still here today.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: I served in the Console War. AMA
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 06:21:50 PM »
What was it like in the trenches when the Megatons rained down?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 02:31:43 AM »
The Cell Processor managed to protect me and the rest of my team from the Megatons but when we stepped out we saw the carnage that they caused. It was a horrific sight that I have desperately tried to suppress from my memory We may have survived but there were others who weren't so fortunate. Sometimes I wish I had not survived so I did not have to live with these memories.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2020, 03:25:40 PM »
Bah.  You youngins with your fancy new-age wars.  Back in my day, I was conscriped as a child in the original great war under Commander George Plimpton.  We fought the scourge of the Atari Force.  Once we started gaining ground, the enemy used General Warshaw to run a scortched earth gambit, destroying the landscape for years to come.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2020, 02:30:59 PM »
Bah.  You youngins with your fancy new-age wars.  Back in my day, I was conscriped as a child in the original great war under Commander George Plimpton.  We fought the scourge of the Atari Force.  Once we started gaining ground, the enemy used General Warshaw to run a scortched earth gambit, destroying the landscape for years to come.

Were you part of the 2600 Battalion or the 5200 Battalion? (I actually served in both)

I remember the Intellevision Services trying to become a major player in the battle, but that was a short lived effort on their part. I'm not sure many of you would've even heard of them....

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2020, 03:47:01 PM »
My only fighting was in the Software Scuffles against the in-game camera.  :(
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2020, 04:50:41 PM »
I believe there are still members of the Intellivision Corp that never received word that the war had ended and are still out there planning guerilla operations

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2020, 04:44:18 PM »
We Intellivision Loyalists are just biding our time.  INTV will rise again.

brb, gonna go hang an Intellivision flag from my pickup truck.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2020, 01:09:29 AM »
My understanding is that the Intellivision Services's elite corps went into hiding to prepare Project Amico. If you see any unfamiliar controllers that look like something that would control a furnace thermostat, look out!

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2020, 03:27:01 AM »
I remember the VR wars of the 90s. The Virtual Boy started so fresh-faced in the fall of 1995, only to be cut down in the spring. :( They will always be remembered in the poem "The Charge of the Red LED Brigade". :(