Author Topic: Mafia LVII:Friendship is Chaos End game thread & MVP voting thread.  (Read 21710 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Mafia LVII:Frindship is Chaos End game thread and MVP voting thread.
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2012, 11:17:46 PM »
Eh I take that as a compliment Nickmitch. It is also kinda funny in the context of the lore of the MLP:FIM universe.

Anyway I will try to put up my thoughts on the alive players and put up the stories for Day 5 and the end game thread in a bit. I have to have some Dinner now. 
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2012, 06:18:58 PM »
I didn't want to kill players like Khush, Stevey, and SUPER right away because they make the game more interesting. I always hate when all the prolific posters get killed early and the game becomes a ghost town.

And I respect that a lot. I truly do. There are many ways to win but the most satisfying wins have been ones where I've let stronger and more vocal competition live in the game even though I knew it would make a win more difficult than taking them out.

That gets my MVP vote. (for the mafia)

EDIT: Heck, my favorite loss was one where I was leading a townie alliance and we had figured out the mafia which I think was being led by stevey but we still lost to the mafia. Stevey totally beat me and left me alive to the end. I'm not infallible. I made plenty of mistakes early on in this game frankly. I can be beaten like anyone else. I like to think that it just might be a bit more difficult to do so. But I respect an opponent that will take me on and let me twist in the wind and I remember those losses more happily than a day 1 or 2 mafia hit death.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 06:48:29 PM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2012, 04:41:24 PM »
Guess what guys there was a tie with the MVP voting. I only got 4 votes.

Here is how it broke down.

Silenced-1
Khushrenada-1 for the townie MVP

and for the Mafia MVP Oblivion and Shyguy with a vote a piece.

The only people who sent in votes were Apdude,SUPER and Khushrenada. So if I don't get any votes from anyone else in the game breaking the tie between these players by the end of the weekend I will just break the tie myself and send out prizes when I can.

So you guys are voting for Silenced or Khushrenada for the Townie MVP and Oblivion or Shyguy for the Mafia MVP.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2012, 07:29:08 PM »
I'm guessing I can't vote for myself, so I'll just vote for ShyGuy.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2012, 01:39:17 AM »
Also give S-U-P-E-R a vote for townie MVP and make it a 3-way tie! As well, I don't need a prize. Getting a win in this game is prize enough for me so if someone wants to break the townie MVP tie, you don't have to give it to me.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2012, 01:59:37 AM »
Okay just so everyone knows I will keep the voting open till the end of the weekend and then I will tally the votes so just vote in the thread. Also the Mafia will be getting the prize lefted over from the last Mafia game and the townie MVP will be getting a MLP:FIM themed prize.

Gonna let voting for the townie MVP go for another 15 mins and then if it doesn't get broken then I will break the tie myself.

Shyguy wins the Mafia MVP. Congrats to that.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 03:02:13 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2012, 03:00:24 AM »
I haven't played Mafia in some time but it's good to see the influence of Mario Kart Mafia still going.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2012, 03:08:32 AM »
Yep there was one item in the game that had the random element that could be brought into the game and if nobody got the item it would have played like a typical Mafia game with items. The main thing I probably should have changed with the items was to have everyone to have a certain amount of health in the game but I think having a co-host would of helped with that to keep track of the health. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2012, 04:06:21 AM »
After much reading of the past threads and looking over the votes and the item useage I am going to have to breaking the tie and say that Silenced is going to be the Townie MVP.

Here is my reasoning for the MVP vote. First of all he got lucky on the first day and got the Katana Blade and used it on Ceric as Pinkie Pie. That helped the townies get a good start on the first day. In the threads he was thoughtful and could see between the lines and talked about his reasoning in the threads. He also asked me questions about the items and the uses it could do and what items could work with what other items. Some of the items in the game could work together at the same time you just had to ask me what ones could. Some of the items could not work together and that was more of a balance thing.

He also had in his votes a nice batch of Mafia votes early on. If that was intentional or not that is fine but it went against the grain and he trusted his own instincts and that can help at times develop your own skills as a player and your own judgement. 

He also was wise with his items when he didn't need to use at the time. He had a buzz saw during Chocolate Rain and decided to not use it. If he used it maybe Apple Jack would have been killed that night and we possibly could of had a different game here.

In any case Silenced is the Townie MVP. Shyguy is the Mafia MVP.

Silenced PM me and send me your address so I can mail you your stuff. Shyguy I already PMed oohhboy about your prize and he should be getting back to you about the code.  If not well contact him about it after a few days.

Let me know if the PM's aren't going through so I can clear my inbox here Silenced.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 07:36:18 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2012, 07:32:35 AM »
Prize sent. Good hunting.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Mafia LVII:Friendship is Chaos End game thread and MVP voting thread.
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2012, 02:47:30 PM »
Hmm Silenced has declined the prize. Khushrenada did you want it. I was going to offer this collection of things in one bundle. There is a canon map of Equestria, a T shirt, a small collection of random pony merch and when it is released the 1st issue of the MLP:FIM comic book. The comic book comes out in November but the rest of the stuff I would send out as soon as possible. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2012, 06:31:49 PM »
Well, I'm not really a fan of the MLP show. I started watching one episode during the game but stopped after about 12 minutes. Just doesn't intrigue me I'm afraid. Therefore, I'd rather pass the gift on to someone who'd appreciate it. So, if there's someone else who is a fan and would like the merchandise, just post it or tell me and I will gift the prize on to them. Otherwise, you can hold on to the stuff yourself Maxi since I know for sure you are fan.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2012, 07:42:52 PM »
My Wife is watching the series a third time and my son likes it.  Plus my early pure magnetism supremely helped the townies.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2012, 07:47:59 PM »
Might I ask what episode you started on Khushrenada?

As for the prize. There actually was only 3 people in the whole game at the start that was a fan of the show that was playing. Only one of them stayed alive. I was going to go through a list of people in a certain order to see if someone wanted the prize But I guess I could just ask the person that is a fan directly first and then go in the order. 

Ceric as much as I would like to give this to you you unfortunately were on the Mafia side. If you guys won the game then the Mafia would be going for the MLP:FIM stuff and the Townies would have got last games gift.

I just messaged the person about it.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 07:55:03 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2012, 11:25:46 AM »
Well, as I said in my post, if I'm the MVP townie and you were going to give me the prize surely I can then pass it on to someone else and regift. Yes, no? And if so, I have no problem giving it to Ceric and his son.

As for the episode, it was the first one. The pilot episode I guess.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2012, 01:52:36 PM »
As for the prize I was going to wait to get a response first from the person that I messaged about the gift. Then go to the next fan that was a townie and then you could gift it to Ceric.

As for the episode that is the introductory episode which first shows all Main 6 and it is a 2 parter. The characters get fleshed out in the later episodes and while I wouldn't say that there is a story arc there is small nods between previous episodes with later episodes with the jokes and real life references in the show. Also the setting is a fantasy setting so there is lots of different mythological creatures in the show. Most of the arc is contained to the season openers and closers.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2012, 04:19:08 PM »
Okay I waited for a response back and I haven't heard back from him so the prize is now with the second townie that is a fan. If that person declines the prize then it will go to Ceric. I sent a PM to that person just now and I am giving them the rest of the weekend to respond back to me so by Monday this should get resolved one way or another.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2012, 05:06:33 PM »
I knew I forgot to do something. Oh well, I would have voted for Apdude anyway, which wouldn't have helped anything. He actually drew out two Mafia members on the first day, even if no one noticed at the time.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2012, 07:02:56 PM »
Okay got a response back. I will be shipping the things out as soon as I can.

Bustin98 got back to me and said that he got the shipment today.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 01:59:05 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss