Author Topic: A New Mewtwo for Black and White  (Read 1405 times)

Offline NWR_Josh

• The 23rd Buchan
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
A New Mewtwo for Black and White
« on: September 15, 2011, 04:06:48 PM »

It's an all-new Mewtwo for an all new generation. 

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/27846

Mewtwo will be available for download via Wi-Fi download in Japan for all Pokémon Black and White trainers from September 26 through October 31.

Mewtwo's release will coincide with the TV Tokyo series "Pokémon Smash!" Not much information is available about the new version of Mewtwo except that it will have the "Pressure" ability.

Pokémon Black and White were released on September 18, 2010 in Japan and March 6, 2011 in North America.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Re: A New Mewtwo for Black and White
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 05:06:00 PM »
Well, I suppose Pressure beats Unnerve (its Dream World ability), but it's still pretty lame. Hope it at least comes with the L100 move.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• Embrace the status quo.
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 07:28:17 PM »
I hope this comes to NA since I've never gotten MewTwo before!

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 12:18:54 AM »
What? He has always had Pressure since Ruby/Sapphire. What's so special about him?

Offline Nbz

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 07:24:40 AM »
With pressure being its normal ability anyway, I would have hoped that the changes or additions to the event would come in the moveset that they give it. Mewtwo's movepool is gargantuan as it is, so I really have no idea what "special" moves they would give it. Perhaps Outrage to add to its relatively lackluster physical movepool? Though that would be quite a stretch.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 09:02:57 AM »
If I was a betting man, I'd bet on it being L50 (so legal for the Video Game Championship game and commonly used in Japanese battling), but with some of its later moves like Aura Sphere and Psystrike.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.