Author Topic: Our 2016 Nintendo Predictions  (Read 2912 times)

Offline JusDBerube

• King Nintendo Fanboy
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Our 2016 Nintendo Predictions
« on: January 27, 2016, 04:09:36 AM »

Yes, it's that time of year again. Come join us as we try to guess the future.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/41809/our-2016-nintendo-predictions

January marks the start of a new year and that means it's once again time to continue one of our long running traditions. That's right, it's time for the NWR Staff to predict what Nintendo will do throughout the year.

This year promises to be exciting for Nintendo fans since we will be learning about the NX. However, we still don't know exactly what the NX will be. So join us as we try to predict what one of the most unpredictable entertainment companies in history will do throughout the year.

Oh yeah, and once you read through our predictions make sure to let us know what you think in the Talkback section below while sharing your own crazy predictions on Nintendo's future.

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
Re: Our 2016 Nintendo Predictions
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 10:25:20 PM »
Whatever they do, they had better make the NX have comparable power to whatever probable specs a hypothetical PS5/XboxTwo may have. Otherwise it's yet another decade of pitiful third party support and shovelware to look forward to

And also support four gamepads. Seriously, what WAS Nintendo thinking with the Wii u?

Offline SonofMrPeanut

• (illegitimately)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 12:16:38 AM »
Touching on the Nintendo store expansion idea, I'm predicting both the Hollywood and Orlando Universal Citywalks will get a Nintendo store on the scale of New York's.  They will be named Nintendo LA and Nintendo OL.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 01:44:12 AM »
Touching on the Nintendo store expansion idea, I'm predicting both the Hollywood and Orlando Universal Citywalks will get a Nintendo store on the scale of New York's.  They will be named Nintendo LA and Nintendo OL.

I was thinking the LA area as well. Orlando makes a ton of sense too since they'll be opening up a theme park with Universal.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline JRokujuushi

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 02:16:06 AM »
Interesting that nobody has any predictions on the new rewards program that'll be replacing Club Nintendo.

Offline SonofMrPeanut

• (illegitimately)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 04:35:08 AM »
@Nickmitch  As I recall, Nintendo will be one part of a larger video game area with multiple properties.

As for that resulting in a Video Game-themed 3rd Park, that rests on whether or not Universal can acquire the land involved.  It's looking likely, but nothing's been confirmed officially as of yet.  If they don't get the land involved, this may result in repurposing one of the Islands of Adventure, but that's a worst case scenario.  They'll likely get the land for the video game park, water park and whatever else they do in the future.

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2015/12/450-acre-land-grab-the-remedy-for-universal.html

Speaking of land expansion, the lower lot expansion at Universal Studios Hollywood is also something of interest.  I'd expect at least a couple of the Orlando rides to make an appearance there, and my money is on at least one of them being a Nintendo attraction.  The soon to be torn down Revenge of the Mummy might be a prime spot for a Zelda indoor ride, right across from Jurassic Park.  Then again, a Mario Kart ride would pose as a perfect rival to California Adventure's Radiator Springs Racers, much like what Back to the Future was to Star Tours.  There are possibilities, to be sure.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 04:38:19 AM by SonofMrPeanut »

Offline rlse9

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 03:31:35 PM »
Whatever they do, they had better make the NX have comparable power to whatever probable specs a hypothetical PS5/XboxTwo may have. Otherwise it's yet another decade of pitiful third party support and shovelware to look forward to
There's about a 0% chance of that happening.  Since the next generation of systems are likely at least 3 years behind the NX, to release comparable hardware to what's coming years later would be prohibitively expensive.  Nintendo has put themselves in an awkward situation between the ill timed release of the Wii U and then following it up with a system that's stuck releasing mid-cycle again.  I think that the architecture of the hardware is probably more important, they need to make it easy for developers to port PS4/XboxOne games to the system.  The fact that the Wii U hasn't gotten PS4/XboxOne games isn't that surprising but the fact that it didn't even get games released for PS3/Xbox360 outside of the release window is just sad.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 08:44:20 PM »
Interesting that nobody has any predictions on the new rewards program that'll be replacing Club Nintendo.

I don't know about Justin/Matt, but I felt it was enough of a known quantity.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.