Author Topic: Final Club Nintendo Rewards Revealed  (Read 19509 times)

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Final Club Nintendo Rewards Revealed
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2015, 02:37:46 AM »
Wonderful 101 is 600 coins.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've been able to do stuff on Club Nintendo perfectly fine aside from awful load times for the rewards page.
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2015, 06:11:55 AM »
I stupidly didn't register my remaining games last week so I tried last night with the site choking on itself. Here's a hint that may help: try logging in around 4am EST. Traffic is much lighter so I was able to register my games with minimal issues. It was still slower than normal and I had to deal with a few snags. Still, I hit Platinum about an hour and a half ago. I still have to do the post-game surveys in a couple days. Of course, it helps that I was awake anyway since my shift starts at 5am now (it's a lot more awesome than it sounds).

I'm a big supporter of Club Nintendo as a rewards program. Still, I can admit that it functioned poorly under stress. I get the impression that the physical rewards will not run out. Based on the oddly egregious shipping time, it seems like Nintendo is taking all the orders then manufacturing the items which (ignoring that it would have been nice if it did that before) is the fairest way of handling the end of the Club Nintendo rewards program. This way, everyone has a shot of scoring physical rewards.

Besides Paper Mario, I haven't decided what rewards I want. Right now, I have about 1300 coins. I have the post-game surveys on five games, and I may still have another game or two to register.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2015, 08:30:19 AM »
24 hours later, the site is still down, though I managed to redeem a single reward this morning. Sadly, I have 3-4 more to try to get out of this broken website.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2015, 08:33:14 AM »
Why the hell is Star Fox 64 3D more coins than 3D Land, NSMB2 or DKCR3D?

Physical copies of Star Fox 64 3D are out of print and currently in demand. Same for Kid Icarus. Not sure that is a reasonable justification... but NoA is very familiar with the idea of limiting supply to increase demand.

Curiosity: Are the prices on eShop identical for the different games?
NNID: ejamer

Offline Leo13

• Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2015, 08:33:20 AM »
Does anyone know how many coins Wonderful 101 is worth? If I get it, I think it'll give me just enough to get something else.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2015, 08:36:56 AM »
24 hours later, the site is still down, though I managed to redeem a single reward this morning. Sadly, I have 3-4 more to try to get out of this broken website.

You won't like the answer, but if you really want to get on just wake up a bit earlier.  At 7am Atlantic time the site worked perfectly - you avoid competing traffic and everything runs exactly as it's supposed to.  Obviously that's not convenient... but if you really want to get in it'll work.

Interesting to note that it seemed as if no physical items have sold out yet. Many of the new items had a warning that images weren't final and that shipping estimates were 3-5 months. Makes me wonder if they haven't been created yet and all orders now are just preorders so they know how many to make.  (This might not apply for a few older items like posters.)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2015, 08:39:58 AM »
Why the hell is Star Fox 64 3D more coins than 3D Land, NSMB2 or DKCR3D?

Physical copies of Star Fox 64 3D are out of print and currently in demand. Same for Kid Icarus. Not sure that is a reasonable justification... but NoA is very familiar with the idea of limiting supply to increase demand.

Curiosity: Are the prices on eShop identical for the different games?

Star Fox is $40 w/NSMB2, 3D Land is $30 and DKCR is $35. So the real outlier is NSMB2.

(Note that on Wii U, W101 is $30 and Wii Party U is $50.)
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2015, 08:47:56 AM »

You won't like the answer, but if you really want to get on just wake up a bit earlier.  At 7am Atlantic time the site worked perfectly - you avoid competing traffic and everything runs exactly as it's supposed to.  Obviously that's not convenient... but if you really want to get in it'll work.

So it seems. While the site was still continuously crashing, I was just now able to order 3/4 items I was intending to purchase from Club Nintendo. I'm going to sit on DL's Punch out till I have 25 more coins so I have enough for the Majora's Bag, too. No one should have to fight that hard to make a site perform its basic function, but I got the main things I care about submitted.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2015, 02:48:45 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks it's kind of awesome that the Greeting Cards are still there? Weren't those one of the first rewards offered? Yet even when there were no other physical rewards available they continued to sit and wait to be picked. Nobody wanted them... nobody.

Or am I wrong? Maybe it's that they were so popular, NoA chose to continually reorder and keep them in stock despite rabid sales?

Offline JRokujuushi

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2015, 06:31:51 PM »
I'm not sure I trust the coin counter. I logged in yesterday, it said I had 300 coins until gold.  I registered Captain Toad, it said I had 30 coins until gold.  I highly doubt Captain Toad is worth 270 coins.  I tried again a few hours later, it said I still needed 300 for gold again.  Haven't tried it yet today, so no telling what it says I need now.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2015, 07:24:43 PM »
Or am I wrong? Maybe it's that they were so popular, NoA chose to continually reorder and keep them in stock despite rabid sales?
I choose to believe this.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2015, 09:08:13 PM »
The real reward is over-crowded servers.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2015, 10:51:04 PM »
Yeah... My picture could be posted again to respond to your newest post, since it's basically the same argument only reworded differently.

Since when has redundancy stopped these forums?

Very true! I do very much agree with you, but I think after the 80th (I know I'm exaggerating on the number) time, your argument becomes increasingly less powerful as it goes on. It gets to the point where people will just skim your posts, no matter if they are full of truth and facts or not, and miss out on your thoughts. It'll be, like, "oh, here's broodwars complaining about Nintendo for the 219th time" instead of them focusing on your actual argument.
Broodwars = Ian Sane 2.0

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2015, 10:58:52 PM »
Yeah... My picture could be posted again to respond to your newest post, since it's basically the same argument only reworded differently.

Broodwars is right! Since when has redundancy stopped these forums?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2015, 11:04:32 PM »

Very true! I do very much agree with you, but I think after the 80th (I know I'm exaggerating on the number) time, your argument becomes increasingly less powerful as it goes on. It gets to the point where people will just skim your posts, no matter if they are full of truth and facts or not, and miss out on your thoughts. It'll be, like, "oh, here's broodwars complaining about Nintendo for the 219th time" instead of them focusing on your actual argument.
Broodwars = Ian Sane 2.0

And Pokepal = Ninhuggles (aka "Pro") 2.0.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2015, 11:07:23 PM »
Now you're giving Pokepal148 too much credit.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2015, 11:34:53 PM »
Got in tonight.  Ordered my Smash V2 Posters, did 14 Post-Plays, ordered the Animal Crossing cards... yay!

Now, something like 16 post-plays left... and whatever I figure out to do with the remaining coins. Probably buy more games, get the extra coins and order the 2015 card case...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2015, 11:36:01 PM »
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2015, 01:24:22 AM »
there is literally one game left for sale that has a code that I would be interested in buying, Mario Kart 8 and I am not going to rush out and pay the 60 bucks just to get enough coins to download one more NES game I can live without. I spent all my coins I had saved up on getting an NES Remix 2 T-Shirt. I am actually pretty happy with that even though it doesn't exactly fit.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2015, 07:53:44 AM »
It's $45 on the eShop until noon EST tomorrow.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2015, 05:38:28 PM »
Right now is the 3rd time i've tried since the new rewards have been announced, and the farthest I get is to a load screen between the login page & getting into my account.

Basically the only way i've read that people could reliably log-into Club nintendo is between 1AM - 6 AM EST, which I can't do.  I know it's not urgent for me to get in, redeem more coins, and select the digital games I want, but it's a bit disappointing that in 2 days since the games have been announced, it's been impossible to even do the bare minimum.

Whatever rewards program they change to in the future, they need to make sure it's not tied to a website, if this is how well they're going to maintain the website.

Offline mustbeburt

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2015, 12:09:32 PM »
Can anyone explain why the Wii version of Super Metrioid is 250 coins, and the WiiU version is 200 coins?  What gives?

Offline Leo13

• Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2015, 09:24:08 AM »
Can anyone explain why the Wii version of Super Metrioid is 250 coins, and the WiiU version is 200 coins?  What gives?
They're showing loyalty to their customers that have purchased their newer console

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2015, 06:58:27 PM »

I hate to agree with broodwars, but he's got a point here. Since when has redundancy stopped these forums?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2015, 08:36:02 PM »

I hate to agree with broodwars, but he's got a point here. Since when has redundancy stopped these forums?

I hat to agree with Mop it up but she's got a point here. Since when has redundancy stopped these forums?