Author Topic: Metroid Prime 2  (Read 24843 times)

Offline Gamefreak

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2003, 08:43:34 PM »
If we have Kraid you'll have to jump up plenty of levels

Anyway, don't worry about it. Retro won't let themselves let us down, and EAD and Miyamoto certainly won't...

Hm...besides the music, do you think Intelligent Systems had anything to do with Prime or anything to do with Metroid 6 in development (at least we get a movie at E3)....I mean...EAD had little to nothing to do with the original Metroid games....Retro and EAD sure did a good job of looking at what Intelligent Systems did and reproducing it...

As for the sequel....Yes if you saw the 100% ending...well they have already spoiled it but it is certainly quite ambiguous (cough, like Wind Waker...what's up with that Nintendo? Don't leave us hangin'!)....

Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2003, 08:51:50 PM »
http://cube.ign.com/articles/395/395152p1.html

Official: MP 2 footage will be shown at E3 2003.

Offline maniacmike

• View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2003, 01:16:06 AM »
Mad xenomorph: if u read the metroid 2 manual it says that samus is the greatest of ALL the bounty hunters.

I cant blieve how much praise metroid prime has gotten, yes it was good, but i played without the hint system and it was still way too easy, and hard mode didnt help much...  IMO it was no match for the flawless super metroid, i cant help but think that it would have been better in the traditional sidescroller style, i just hope and pray that MP2 will be 2d.
we both know these children HAVE no future!

Offline maniacmike

• View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2003, 01:16:08 AM »
Mad xenomorph: if u read the metroid 2 manual it says that samus is the greatest of ALL the bounty hunters.

I cant blieve how much praise metroid prime has gotten, yes it was good, but i played without the hint system and it was still way too easy, and hard mode didnt help much...  IMO it was no match for the flawless super metroid, i cant help but think that it would have been better in the traditional sidescroller style, i just hope and pray that MP2 will be 2d.

Offline maniacmike

• View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2003, 01:16:10 AM »

Offline maniacmike

• View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2003, 01:18:28 AM »

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2003, 01:25:06 AM »
I think its awesome we get to see MP2 footage at E3, I just hope the footage is gonna have far improved graphics over MP2.
This E3 is gonna rock so badly.
LZ 2005

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2003, 04:34:16 AM »
Of course MP2 will improve on the original - I don't think they'd let the Metroid franchise get screwed around like that.
E3 is looking very sweet all round.

Offline Locke Cole

• View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2003, 04:57:47 AM »
Hopefully Retro might be able to pull this game off to compete with Halo 2.  I think they can do it though, the graphics in the last game were amazing, lets see what they can do this time.....

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2003, 05:43:11 AM »
personally i just want to see a good sequal to metroid prime
we could use some more items and larger levels and a harder game but that is all up to retro and nintendo
i loved metroid prime and as long as they can improve on that formula it should be a great game
it has been confirmed that prime 2 (or whatever it will be called) will be shown at e3 in video form
i cant wait to see what it will look and play like
i call the big one bitey.

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2003, 07:15:02 AM »

Some of you guys must be pros or something. I finally got to Metroid Prime and it took me 5 or 6 tries to beat the first form, each battle seemingly lasting atleast 10 minutes. When I finally beat it and saw I had to do it all over again with a second form and with hardly any energy because the first form crushed me, I said forget it. And that was with having over 90% of the items. That was about 2 weeks ago and I haven't played since. Any tips? The ice attacks from the first form just drained me.

When he is yellow shoot super missles at him
When he is blue use the wave beam missle combo
When he is red just shoot regular fire shots as fast as you can
When he is white just just regular ice shots as fast as you can

You can hide in the trenches in ball form

Just dodge and take you time and he will go down.

His second for is pretty easy just go stand in the puddle of goo (i forget what its called) and it will super charge your weapon. Locote him using one of your visors (he will be visible on only one at a time) and let him have it.

Hope this helps
Ralph: Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2003, 09:04:46 AM »
Metroid Prime certainly wasnt easy, but the 2nd form was easier than the first. Not necessarily easier in combat but it drained very little of your health. BUt if you figure out a way the first form is easy to. On my first 2 tries I failed and then after that failed on the 2nd form. But then I beat the first form loosing only 2 tanks and had like 11 left for the 2nd form.
LZ 2005

Offline StRaNgE

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2003, 09:25:07 AM »
i would love to see the option of pressinga button to changethe view, so it  the camera can be put over the shoulder  of samus in 3rd or  as it was in prime, 1st for scanning and such.
other games utilize both views andi think if done right that could be a great  addition to metroid.  

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2003, 10:20:15 AM »
but samus doesnt have a camera on her shoulder, maybe for all the 3rd person fans...
they could have a metroid following her around with a camera like on Mario64.
seriously thu, I have a feeling it will be 2D side scoller, using a background style like whats used on Smash brothers melee

Offline MattVDB

• In need of an alter-ego
    • View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2003, 10:38:10 AM »
Metroid Prime 2: The return of Samus

Thats all I've got to say.  The name alone would make me buy the game.

Offline Skyman_Welks

• View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2003, 04:01:37 PM »
what?!?
I haven't even beaten Metroid Prime......
Phazon mines is so f#&king hard!!!
What is character but determination of incident? What is incident by the illustration of character?

Offline Ninja X

• View Profile
Metroid Prime 2
« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2003, 07:32:56 PM »
Metroid Prime was surprisingly a very easy game.  I had to use the hint system once, but honestly, the enemies did not do much damage to you besides the Shadow Pirates.  

What I like to see in Metroid Prime 2:

More cutscenes

Kraid

A water stage

More morph ball areas
          I got some killaz on my payroll.

Metroid Prime 2
          « Reply #92 on: April 26, 2003, 08:13:20 PM »
          Water was just annoying before you got the upgrades....

Any ways, all I'd like to see in MP 2 is:

More and Harder Bosses
          More strategic Puzzles
          Same size Game, just harder (which will make it longer because it will be longer to complete harder tasks ).
          Maybe more variety of enemies?

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
            • View Profile
          Metroid Prime 2
          « Reply #93 on: April 27, 2003, 03:49:52 PM »
          Well I decided I'd take a crack at this.

-One thing I want to see is more secret passages and alternate routes. One thing I didn't like about Prime is you either used a door, an elevator, or rarely a tunnel to get from one room to the other and for the most part they were usually pretty obvious. I want to have some rooms and areas in Prime 2 where I'm truly stuck and can't figure out how to get out of them. Just like good old classic Metroid.
            -There should be more local life forms that actually attack you instead of just running around some platform or floating in the air. The Sheegoths were nice in Prime but there needs to more of that kind of stuff in Prime 2.
            -I want to see more weird exotic areas like the Impact Crater in Prime. One thing that I really liked about the classic Metroid games is that the areas really looked and felt alien. With the bubble areas and weird ancient ruins and so forth. The only place that was really alien in Prime was the Impact Crater. Other wise you had a lava area, snow area, forest area, and ancient ruin area. All of that stuff was kind of cliché and generic.
            -I'm hoping that they will use a new planet in Prime 2 and that whatever planet they use will be more akin to Zebes in that it is a deadly hostile planet. Keep in mind Tallon IV was supposed to be a paradise planet before the asteroid hit releasing the Phazon.
            -I want to see more classic Metroid type areas were you keep going further and further down in the planet. The Phazon Mines did a pretty good job of giving you that feeling of going deeper and deeper into danger and further from the surface and safety that you got with the classic Metroid games.
            -Finally like everyone else I want to see new beams, armor, and I wouldn't mind if you got to fly the ship in a couple of areas. Oh, and having a bigger game area would be nice as well. Some nastier uglier bosses would be nice to. I wasn't really that impressed with how the majority of the bosses looked in Prime.
          Now for what I don't want to see.

-I don't care what anyone else says or feels about this I don't want multiplayer in any shape or form to be in any Metroid game. People who want multiplayer in Metroid are just like people that go on about how Zelda games have always had realistic graphics. They usually just came in when Metroid Prime was coming out (for the Zelda idiots it's Ocarina) and really don't understand the series at all. For that matter I don't want to see any extra bounty hunters or crap like that that other people have suggested.
            -Finally I never want to see the Fusion suit used in a Metroid game again. Yes, it was nice to get a change of pace for ONE game but I don't want it to be used again. One of the reasons I fell in love with the series when I was like 5 years old was because of that kick ass armor Samus wears. That clown/wet suit thing known as the Fusion suit just doesn't stand up to the Power Suit. It doesn't even look like armor. At the end of Fusion I was really pissed when Samus absorbed the SA-X's Core-X and she only combined her Fusion Suit with the Power Suit. I was really hoping that when she absorbed the Core-X she would get the Power Suit back.
          Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
          Metroid Prime 2
          « Reply #94 on: April 27, 2003, 04:04:28 PM »
          THANKS FOR THE SPOILER ALERT....FIGHTING METROID PRIME IN THE END OF THE GAME
          agsoiJDOPIJDSg GOD****** YOU MAKE ME FURIOUS!

almost as bad as hearing aeris dies in ff7 before i played it

g'asidlh'l;ihfdsa;lkfh  I AM SOOOO MAD

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
            • View Profile
          Metroid Prime 2
          « Reply #95 on: April 27, 2003, 04:54:39 PM »

Originally posted by: joeamis
          THANKS FOR THE SPOILER ALERT....FIGHTING METROID PRIME IN THE END OF THE GAME
          agsoiJDOPIJDSg GOD****** YOU MAKE ME FURIOUS!

almost as bad as hearing aeris dies in ff7 before i played it

g'asidlh'l;ihfdsa;lkfh  I AM SOOOO MAD
          Umm, where have you been? The game has been out in the US for 5 months. I think by now it's okay to talk about the game without spoiler warnings. Maybe we should just start putting up spoiler warnings for every thing related to books, movies, and games no matter how long it has been since they've been released. Kind of ridiculous idea don't you think?

Offline Ninja X

• View Profile
          Metroid Prime 2
          « Reply #96 on: April 27, 2003, 04:55:20 PM »
          Spoiler Alert:

Once you're halfway through Prime, you should come to realize Prime is the last boss.

And you should have not put the spoiler in caps.  
          I got some killaz on my payroll.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
          • Score: 2
            • View Profile
          Metroid Prime 2
          « Reply #97 on: April 27, 2003, 05:01:10 PM »
          What?  Aeris dies?  Aw, dude!

Metroid Prime is old news.  By this time you should stay out of the threads, for fear of unmarked spoilers like that.

I liked how enemies in Prime weren't all vicious, bloodthirsty beasts.  There were some creatures that were just there, and you can kill them if you were that sadistic.  It would be nice to have it be harder and stuff, and while I liked the bosses in Prime, I could sure do with some more awesome bosses.  More later, I've got to go eat.
          HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
          YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
            • View Profile
          Metroid Prime 2
          « Reply #98 on: April 27, 2003, 05:04:03 PM »
          Yeah, your standards are pretty messed up joeamis. You get pissed because someone says that Metroid Prime is the final boss with no spoiler warning but yet you turn around and do the exact same thing. Yet, somehow it's okay when you do it. That's very interesting.  

I would like to add that being 18 I knew that Darth Vader was Luke's father before I ever even seen those movies. Did I get pissed at the world over it? NO. I knew that the movies had already been out for several years and that it was pretty much common knowledge to everyone considering how popular those movies are. In other words get over it and if you really are that concerned about spoilers (which I doubt. you probably just wanted to bitch someone out for the hell of it) then it would make good sense to avoid reading anything related to Metroid until you have finished the game.

Offline ZombieX

• View Profile
          Metroid Prime 2
          « Reply #99 on: April 27, 2003, 07:39:36 PM »
          Most of the "insider information" speculation seems to indicate that the Metroid Prime sequel will indeed have multiplayer.  I have complete faith in Retro Studios.  If they decide to include multiplayer, I'm sure they will make it work flawlessly.  Afterall Nintendo did add multiplayer to Zelda and it worked out perfectly.

Some additions I would like to see are:

Melee weapon - I always wanted to smack some enemies around with Samus' arm cannon.

Grenade weapon - I think it would be cool to launch some grenades.  Imagine bouncing grenades off walls at enemies around hallway corners! FUN!

***The Nintendo Difference***