Author Topic: Delicious tourney*** tears are my drink of choice tonight  (Read 38024 times)

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE:Delicious tourney*** tears are my drink of choice tonight
« Reply #150 on: October 23, 2007, 07:31:17 PM »

Originally posted by: Shift Key
If anyone asks me why I stay out of Smash discussions, just look at this thread.

1. You and I have been in a few already.

2. This thread has transmogrified into something far, far more insidious than any other I've seen in my time. This is not a SSB discussion. It has transcended that title and become a sin against nature itself.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NinjaWang

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 24, 2007, 01:38:02 AM »

Originally posted by: anubis6789

Originally posted by: NinjaWang

third, I was not saying that wavedashing was intended in development, but that the developers inaction regarding such a technique shows that they do not care and may feel that it is fine in the game, which in a roundabout way show a form of intent.

So you should be arrested for your inaction in the anti child molestation movement because in a roundabout way it shows you have intent of molesting childern?

Same Principle right?

Not at all; the difference is that the developers probably know of wavedashing and do not do anything about it even though they have the power; while most people do not have the power to affect the problem of child molestation on a larger scale so their "inaction" is justified as long as they try to protect children in their purview. Inaction towards possible child molestation would be negligent at best.

You can find registered sex offenders online and most will commit their crime again so you can have knowledge of it.  So you have the power yet you don't do anything Just admit you can condone raping babies
My mother hung me on a hook once, ONCE!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
RE: Delicious tourney*** tears are my drink of choice tonight
« Reply #152 on: October 24, 2007, 04:33:06 AM »
Baby Rape?

WHAT IS GOING ON IN HERE

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #153 on: October 24, 2007, 04:36:17 AM »
Apparently Birdo and Yoshi have had ENOUGH.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 24, 2007, 05:14:30 AM »
Oh hey guys.

Umm.

I blame the baby rape on online?
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 24, 2007, 06:43:11 AM »

Originally posted by: PaLaDiN
Oh hey guys.

Umm.

I blame the baby rape on online?

Are you the segment producer for a local news show?
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 24, 2007, 09:29:45 AM »
No, I am not the segment producer for a local news show. Why do you ask?
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 24, 2007, 03:06:00 PM »
It sounds like a good story.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 24, 2007, 04:33:26 PM »
"Thanks Susan. Coming up later in the broadcast: Could an upcoming popular Nintendo franchise make your child want to rape babies? An NWR community manager says yes. This is WKRP Action News at Eleven, back after this"

"Furniture Warehouse GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALE!!1!1"

Offline anubis6789

• famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 24, 2007, 06:41:40 PM »

third, I was not saying that wavedashing was intended in development, but that the developers inaction regarding such a technique shows that they do not care and may feel that it is fine in the game, which in a roundabout way show a form of intent.

So you should be arrested for your inaction in the anti child molestation movement because in a roundabout way it shows you have intent of molesting childern?

Same Principle right?

Not at all; the difference is that the developers probably know of wavedashing and do not do anything about it even though they have the power; while most people do not have the power to affect the problem of child molestation on a larger scale so their "inaction" is justified as long as they try to protect children in their purview. Inaction towards possible child molestation would be negligent at best.

You can find registered sex offenders online and most will commit their crime again so you can have knowledge of it.  So you have the power yet you don't do anything Just admit you can condone raping babies

I think we (or just me) are on the verge of treading into a mod-able political discussion, and while I truly enjoy arguing in this kind of atmosphere I enjoy not being modded more (it makes me have that same anxiety feeling I get when I am pulled over by the police for something as small as expired registration). If a Mod comes in and says that we can continue though I would be glad to.

In closing I would like to use an analogy of my own in which the Developer is a Doctor and SSBM is a patient:

Developer: I regret to inform you, Mr. Melee, but it appears that you have a terminal case of Wavedashing and we      could preform an extensive operation to remove the tumor.

SSBM: Are you sure it is not Lupus?

Developer: ITS NEVER LUPUS!

SSBM: Then I would like to get the operation.

Developer: The operation is not financially viable for me. Goodbye!

Door slams

EDIT: If you would like to claim victory, you can; this thread has gotten pretty bad and I am sure everyone wants it to stop, not that I have not enjoyed most of it.
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is." - Francis Bacon

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 24, 2007, 06:49:22 PM »
LOL House reference.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 24, 2007, 11:05:43 PM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother
1. You and I have been in a few already.

Hahahahaha yeah right. Feel free to search but I wouldn't call my Smash posts (and its only four) anything "involving".

2. This thread has transmogrified into something far, far more insidious than any other I've seen in my time. This is not a SSB discussion. It has transcended that title and become a sin against nature itself.

This whole forum is full of discussion like that. But this thread is way more entertaining thanks to Stimutac's rambling posts. The rest is just the usual fanboy nonsense.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 25, 2007, 10:04:51 AM »
I can't remember where the thread was, but you and I discussed tiers and we both agreed that they exist but that they don't shape the ethos of the game. It was one of the better arguments I've seen on the subject and you certainly seemed "involved" in that one.

And Stim's posts are seriously making me wonder if he isn't yanking our chains for his enjoyment...
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 25, 2007, 11:15:25 AM »

And Stim's posts are seriously making me wonder if he isn't yanking our chains for his enjoyment...

You could just say it shorter and wonder if he's trolling for the lulz.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 25, 2007, 12:59:45 PM »
I'll do that next time, thanks.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 25, 2007, 09:16:55 PM »

I can't remember where the thread was, but you and I discussed tiers and we both agreed that they exist but that they don't shape the ethos of the game. It was one of the better arguments I've seen on the subject and you certainly seemed "involved" in that one.

Nah, I don't remember that. Perhaps that was the other Shift Key.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #166 on: October 30, 2007, 09:04:07 AM »
Are PC Shift Key's different than Apple?

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 30, 2007, 01:39:13 PM »

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
Are PC Shift Key's different than Apple?

Apple Shift Keys have a feelings module installed. PC versions had this feature removed because it was a waste of time.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 31, 2007, 03:59:00 AM »
Hey, you know, whatever floats your boat, that's the method I think you should use to play the game. If analyzing and deconstructing a game is what gives you your kicks, do it. If playing with items, four players, on scrolling stages, go for it. What does it hurt? So what if you're a "recreational" style player, and you come up against a "tourney" style player in an online match. If they beat you, fine. Your W/L record will be adjusted, and after a few of these matches, you'll be able to choose "Rivals" (or whatever the equivalent is) and you'll have a much better shot at playing against people you like to play with. Consider it "calibrating" the game's online difficulty.

P.S. – Smash gets bonus points for use of the word "transmogrified" in a forum post.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 07, 2007, 09:35:43 AM »
trolling?

TROLLING>?

a man leaves the internet for a week and is in absentia dubbed a troll?

sweet vermouth, batman. this is ridiculous.

A man realizes he has a vitamin deficiency, takes some time to right himself and drink some juice and gain some color

and he's a troll?

im just passionate about the smash  
I'll shut up now...

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 07, 2007, 10:14:21 AM »

These are just some of the items that intensify the slapstick nature of this game. You must master them all!

loooooool
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown