Author Topic: My new 3DS XL's battery has become swollen so I have to dig up my launch system.  (Read 3486 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
"Weird, the bottom shell of my new 3DS XL is kinda being pushed out slightly around where the R/ZR buttons are, hey wait a minute, where's the  battery on the new 3DS XL again...?" *Checks Google* "****"

I have Samus Returns as a physical copy and I also have enough of a backlog for physical games to fall back on while I wait for a new battery but... There's a reason why I upgraded when I did, My launch 3DS is in real rough shape. That said right now It's the only one I have that I can safely charge (or operate like at all.) since it doesn't have a swollen battery and that's a big deal.

I'm at work right now (I discovered this during my lunch) so I can't try to remove the battery either until I get home. Hopefully nothing else is damaged. A week or two with old reliable here is bad enough.

Edit: I was able to safely remove the battery. The battery cover will need to be replaced because the expanding battery wound up causing problems but otherwise the system is undamaged.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 11:37:59 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Pics?