Author Topic: Mafia LXXXV: Metroid Dread. Day 2.  (Read 74997 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia LXXXV: Metroid Dread. Day 2.
« on: March 26, 2020, 10:08:15 AM »
Story Post

For the intro, I'd start with the Federation getting ready to raid the main command center of the Space Pirates which has been set-up around the crystalline structure. One of the members catches a glimpse of Samus Aran about to enter and they realize they need to act now to grab the Metroid before she does. Samus and the Federation Forces burst into the Command Center at the same time and start blasting at the pirates who begin blasting back. The Federation Forces blast a few shots Samus way as well to try and keep her back and slow her progress. She returns the favor. In between this triangle of laser fire is one pokepal148. He's getting blasted from all sides and laments his lot in life.

The free-for-all causes the electrical equipment in the center to overload and explode leading to the center collapsing in on itself. Everyone scrambles to get away in separate directions from the cave-in. After the dust clears, Samus sees a gap that she can get through to get inside the center. She does so to search for the Metroid. Inside, she finds a lone space pirate. She thinks it might be the injured pokepal148 but its actually thatguy. Blasting him with her arm cannon, she is shocked to see thatguy's form blur and then separate into some X-Parasites. They charge at Samus and infect her before she can get away. It turns out the explosion caused the crystalline structure to open a rift in time and space to the time of the BSL Space Station X-Parasite takeover before she had arrived back in the events of Metroid Fusion. Curious as to the rift that appeared before it on BSL, this particular X-Parasite entered it to see what it was all about. Bad timing for Samus. She hurries back to her Gunship to try and counteract the X-Parasite infection much faster this time having gone through this experience before.

In a twist, the rift allowing the X-Parasite to arrive wasn't the only one created in the explosion. After Samus has left, another rift opens and soon after another entity comes through. This time it is Dark Samus. Unsure as to what it is encountering on this side of the rift and not being able to feel a connection to the planet Phaaze has Dark Samus confused as to what this side of the rift might be. Yet, it recognizes the Space Pirate technology and wonders if the Pirates have made some new technological advances that it can use and incorporate with its takeover of the Space Pirate organization back in the time it came from. Dark Samus then sets off to begin exploring and solve the mystery before it.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 10:32:42 PM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia LXXXV: Metroid Dread. Day 2
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 10:15:20 AM »
Announcement Post

The following players have died:

Thatguy - Space Pirate / X-Parasite (Killed by Samus)

That is all. Yes, pokepal148 is still alive and kicking. Tonight is a Dark Samus hit night provided Dark Samus isn't voted out during the day. There are 17 players still alive. That means the majority vote for today would have to consist of 9 votes. Voting Period / Day will be open a generous 48 hours and change closing at 11:00 AM EST on Saturday Mar. 28, 2020. Plan accordingly.

There is no voting requirement rule this game. You are free to vote as regularly or inactively as you want. Thus, no one needs to worry about being automatically eliminated from non-participation.

This game is back on.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 01:55:53 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 12:12:40 PM »
Since Samus didn't try to kill pokepal148 at night, ensuring the Metroid would be moved, would she have voted for him during the day? I'm guessing not. The doctor is pretty much forced to protect pokepal148 all the time now, so better to get someone else possibly voted out to reduce the field?

Other than vote record and people dropping hints about what they are, not sure there is much to go on for early votes this time.

Just to get things rolling, I'll un-Vote Mr Bungle based on the backtracking comment in Day 1.
(Pirates don't backtrack.)

{{edited to change vote}}
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 10:58:36 AM by ejamer »
NNID: ejamer

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 01:32:24 PM »
Is dere any explanation to how ahm Stll Alive? I mean of coase ahm still alive, ahm ridley. I always suvive without a rational explanation, but I'd really like an explanation fer once.

Edit: Oh I see. The Doctah can protect me from the vote. Remind me to give them a raise.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 01:58:24 PM »
Quick note. I said that voting was until Friday morning. For some reason, I had it in my head that this morning was Wednesday instead of Thursday. I've fixed that in the announcement thread. The date of Mar. 28 was correct which is a Saturday so hopefully that clears up any potential confusion that may have occurred.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 02:07:42 PM »
Is dere any explanation to how ahm Stll Alive? I mean of coase ahm still alive, ahm ridley. I always suvive without a rational explanation, but I'd really like an explanation fer once.

Edit: Oh I see. The Doctah can protect me from the vote. Remind me to give them a raise.

While that is true the doctor can only protect someone from the vote or night actions but not both in one night.  Curious as to why there was no other action other than thatguys death.  I mean a good majority of the players were around at the end of the day. Surely the Mafia would of acted in some way.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 02:09:04 PM »
Since Samus didn't try to kill pokepal148 at night, ensuring the Metroid would be moved, would she have voted for him during the day? I'm guessing not. The doctor is pretty much forced to protect pokepal148 all the time now, so better to get someone else possibly voted out to reduce the field?

Do we know that there were no attempts by Samus or the Mafia? I know some games they don't mention if an attempt happened but was prevented. Though usually Khush does mention it, so probably does mean no hits were made.

Did Lucario end up posting last night at all? Possible one of the roles is inactive still?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2020, 02:24:46 PM »

Do we know that there were no attempts by Samus or the Mafia? I know some games they don't mention if an attempt happened but was prevented. Though usually Khush does mention it, so probably does mean no hits were made.

Did Lucario end up posting last night at all? Possible one of the roles is inactive still?

It looks like Samus was active and killed thatguy and I didn't see Lucario or RABicle post in the thread.  I did see RABicle around the thread before the thread was locked but no posts or votes for anyone by them.  Lucario I think I saw them on the forums and they made a few posts on the forum after the thread lock. They were also on Discord a lot though...
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2020, 02:51:54 PM »
Sensors indicate high probability that a reconnaissance mission took place during the Night.

Loss of X-Parasite reduces future possibility to limit power of ThreatID_Samus.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2020, 03:07:37 PM »
Sensors indicate high probability that a reconnaissance mission took place during the Night.

Loss of X-Parasite reduces future possibility to limit power of ThreatID_Samus.

Ya know I am thinking that that is a possibility.  So according to the Rules and Roles thread under the Godfather (Deleter) section the 3 goons can do actions if sent on a recon mission.  Federation Commando can use the X-Ray Visor to learn the role of someone, Federation Marine can use the visor scanner to learn what items/powerups are assigned to the player they search and the Federation Trooper can use a shine spark to escape any would be actions on them. 

As to the X-Parasite being lost this early it means that Samus can't be limited in the future. Things could snowball quick if we are not careful.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2020, 03:36:18 PM »

I'm not here to play the game for the players so if people have a wrong assumption on things then it is on them to figure things out. However, I also know that a wrote a really long rules section to try and go over many things that may or may not end up being relevant in the game. And despite all that writing, when I was looking for the information relevant to this question, I couldn't see it posted there yet I swore I typed it up at some point. So, I'll make sure the info is at least posted here so that it has been made clear.

The Mafia can choose to make a hit or do a recon mission. If the Mafia does a recon mission then they can not make a hit. I am not going to mention in the announcements if the Mafia did a recon mission. Likewise, the Mafia can choose to do nothing or the Godfather could be absent. If there is no hit posted, it will be a bit of a mystery as to what is chosen though you can probably guess what it was.  ;)

However, there is also a bit more vagueness that can happen with a hit. A Samus can get an Energy Tank. If that Energy Tank is used to save that Samus from the vote or from a Mafia hit then it will expose who they are. So, then it is kind of pointless to have this item if it will just mean their death the next day anyways by revealing they were saved by an Energy Tank. But by not saying by what means a player was saved then one doesn't know if it was the doctor or Samus except by the Doctor and Samus themselves. (Or even a Mafia member Shinesparking away). Of course, if the doctor or both Samus players are eliminated then it won't matter.

It is why I didn't mention how pokepal148 survived. Just that he did. Players will have to think and guess as best as they can based on the roles and items currently known and available. You will be informed as to what items/power-ups a Samus acquires so you will have that bit of info to help in keeping track of things. Similar to the vagueness in pokepal148 surviving the vote there may be some vagueness about player survival at night. The only thing I'll say is that a person was targeted during the night but survived and leave it at that. Whether the player targeting the survivor is a Samus, Mafia leader or Vigilante will be a bit unknown but might be figured out if one of the other factions has a successful hit mentioned in the Announcement post. If there is a case like today in which there is one successful hit mentioned but no mention of another player surviving from being targeted by a faction then that is because there wasn't another player targeted and thus nothing to report.

I hope that helps make things a bit clear for everyone in understanding the Announcement news going forward.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2020, 04:31:51 PM »
Just to get things rolling, I'll Vote Mr Bungle based on the backtracking comment in Day 1.
(Pirates don't backtrack.)

This is the same kind of union busting talk I heard when I was in the Dasha system. But did you know that in Spiral sector the United Pirate Workers of Tallon have negotiated for backtracking privileges on the weekends and overtime pay when dealing with Metroids?

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2020, 04:38:28 PM »

Other than vote record and people dropping hints about what they are, not sure there is much to go on for early votes this time.
I strongly disagree with this assessment. I see no reason to assume that either Samus was not voting against me, in fact I am almost certain both of them were. Consider this: Targeting thatguy, who was attempting to vote me out, while voting me out yourself essentially doubles your chance of getting the metroid, either through random chance or by getting it from thatguy who got it through random chance.

But either way, losing the X parasite makes both Samus mains far more dangerous to da Mafia LXXXV Meta so Ahm going to call upon both the federation commando and the detective to consider reachin' out to me. If we can combine and coordinate your investigative abilities we should be able to quickly locate and eliminate both Sammy and Sammy After Hours before dey become too dangerous.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2020, 06:37:21 PM »
Vote Steefosaurus for the green text.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2020, 06:51:00 PM »

A little ironic, coming for you and your green avatar and green text in your user name.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2020, 07:28:48 PM »
...But either way, losing the X parasite makes both Samus mains far more dangerous to da Mafia LXXXV Meta so Ahm going to call upon both the federation commando and the detective to consider reachin' out to me. If we can combine and coordinate your investigative abilities we should be able to quickly locate and eliminate both Sammy and Sammy After Hours before dey become too dangerous.

So you're playing a protection racket on both sides, and figuring that everyone should tell you everything? You'd think this game was called pokepal148 Dread...
 :o

And to be clear:   ;)   ;D
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 07:41:47 PM by ejamer »

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2020, 07:42:41 PM »
I have here my new tier list for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Dey don't call me Meta Ridley for nuthin'. I got all the latest FGC analysis right here.

S tier: Ridley
A tier:
B tier:
C tier:
D tier:
F tier: Everyone else

Z tier: Samus, Dark Samus, Zero Suit Samus.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2020, 07:56:42 PM »

Loading Appeasement_Protocol/RGB_UserSettings/ShyGuy...

Dear user, are you aware you can customise .Adam display settings? SubRoutine_Marketing suggests it may aid user expression.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2020, 08:30:07 PM »

Dear user, are you aware you can customise .Adam display settings? SubRoutine_Marketing suggests it may aid user expression.

Don't bring Adam into this. I'm pretty sure that he's a misogynist prick, who grooms young girls with a daddy complex.

But you can just highlight all of the multi-color text to get rid of the formatting and render it white on blue.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2020, 08:58:23 PM »
Do Metroids ever speak? I guess this may have been a bad character choice...

Either way, I'm glad winter's over, much easier to move around now.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2020, 12:41:52 AM »

Faith and Begorrah!

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2020, 05:38:55 AM »
Sorry for being late yall. Didn't even remember this one on until Khush reminded me on discord.
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2020, 05:44:53 AM »
I brought a basket of puppies, so maybe samus will forgive me?
Made you look ****.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2020, 09:44:34 AM »

It looks like Samus was active and killed thatguy and I didn't see Lucario or RABicle post in the thread.  I did see RABicle around the thread before the thread was locked but no posts or votes for anyone by them.  Lucario I think I saw them on the forums and they made a few posts on the forum after the thread lock. They were also on Discord a lot though...

Yeah sorry I don't like the opening days, lots to read but not much to know. I will make a vote in the long day today.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2020, 11:33:20 AM »

It is why I didn't mention how pokepal148 survived. Just that he did. Players will have to think and guess as best as they can based on the roles and items currently known and available. You will be informed as to what items/power-ups a Samus acquires so you will have that bit of info to help in keeping track of things. Similar to the vagueness in pokepal148 surviving the vote there may be some vagueness about player survival at night. The only thing I'll say is that a person was targeted during the night but survived and leave it at that. Whether the player targeting the survivor is a Samus, Mafia leader or Vigilante will be a bit unknown but might be figured out if one of the other factions has a successful hit mentioned in the Announcement post. If there is a case like today in which there is one successful hit mentioned but no mention of another player surviving from being targeted by a faction then that is because there wasn't another player targeted and thus nothing to report.

I hope that helps make things a bit clear for everyone in understanding the Announcement news going forward.

Having just read the rules, I think most of the announcement policies are fine.  I will say that with such a complicated set of rules, it'd be helpful if the host could answer some questions without giving things away as much as possible.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2020, 01:14:06 PM »
Any questions in particular you think haven't been addressed or still need info on?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2020, 02:01:50 PM »
Any questions in particular you think haven't been addressed or still need info on?

Yeah, where can a bloke get some mulligan stew around here?

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2020, 02:17:21 PM »

I was gonna ask about the Samus/Dark Samus rules, but I think I figured them out.  The Phazon/Varia suit power ups said they give the other the abilities gained when killed by the other.  I thought that included the hit, but Samus's description said she gets the hit when Dark Samus dies.  I thought those were in conflict, but Samus only get's Dark Samus's power ups from killing townies by killing Dark Samus.  The hit isn't included in that as it's already absorbed.

I figured it out as I was typing it up.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2020, 02:28:38 PM »
Actually, I came with a few points for clarification.

When a player gains possession of the Metroid, whatever power-up/item they had before becomes inactive and the Metroid then becomes their item which they have until their demise or win. However, if they are eliminated then the power-up/item they had before will become active again. This is a key point since the Grapple Beam power-up will allow a Samus to get items from deceased players. Samus and Dark Samus are the only players who can have or hold on to multiple power-ups/items and use them.

Townies can't use items, correct? Only mafia, Samus, and Dark Samus? (Asking based on the "When a player" portion of the above.)

Does the power-up inactivity mean that should a townie with the Metroid be killed by Samus/Dark Samus, then they would get the Metroid and only the Metroid?  Or would they get the item associated with that player too?

Can Samus/Dark Samus use items when they have the Metroid?

One last thing, we won't know if/when Samus/Dark Samus has the Metroid, right?  So, at any point, not eliminating one of them could result in a game over?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2020, 03:40:38 PM »

I was gonna ask about the Samus/Dark Samus rules, but I think I figured them out.  The Phazon/Varia suit power ups said they give the other the abilities gained when killed by the other.  I thought that included the hit, but Samus's description said she gets the hit when Dark Samus dies.  I thought those were in conflict, but Samus only get's Dark Samus's power ups from killing townies by killing Dark Samus.  The hit isn't included in that as it's already absorbed.

I figured it out as I was typing it up.

Yes, you've basically figured it out but I'm going to elaborate a bit more on it since I'd also had a question come in about the X-Parasite and if that transfers. So, let me use a scenario that obviously won't happen with this game since it has already been found but should still explain everything.

Let's say that Dark Samus gets the X-Parasite on Day 4 and then Samus Aran eliminates Dark Samus on her Day 5 hit. In this scenario, Dark Samus will have lost all their upgrades at the start of Day 5 and thus Samus Aran would get no extra abilities from Dark Samus except for being able to make a hit every night. That's sort of what the Varia Suit / Phazon Suit upgrade is. Even though the hit transfer is sort of automatic because one of the killers is removed, the Varia Suit / Phazon Suit will basically represent that transfer. On the other hand, if both Samus and Dark Sam had successful hits and gained abilities without encountering the X-Parasite or Torizo Statue during the first 4 days and then Samus eliminates Dark Samus on Night 5 then Samus would not only gain the hit but also the items/power-ups that Dark Samus had acquired up that point. So the Varia/Phazon suit upgrade could be more than just getting the hit every night. It is just sort of a "story" theme item mainly about the transfer of any abilities to one player along with having a hit each night. It also serves the purpose of assigning an item to each Samus for the Scan Visor item/power-up to work.

Going back to the first scenario of Dark Samus being "infected" and became the SA-X, it does not mean that Dark Samus is now a carrier of the X-Parasite and that Samus would now gain the X-Parasite if she eliminates Dark Samus. That is a one time thing. It's just a "story" way of making a whammy or bankruptcy type of item fit into this theme. The Torizo Statue is also the same thing and just a one-time item that affects whoever finds it.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2020, 04:05:01 PM »
Townies can't use items, correct? Only mafia, Samus, and Dark Samus? (Asking based on the "When a player" portion of the above.)

Pretty much. The Mafia abilities are technically their own thing (mod chips for their suit) but I based them off the items assigned to each role for symmetry there. However, unlike Samus, the Mafia doesn't gain new abilities from their successful hits. Any person with an item eliminated by the Mafia takes it to the grave with them unless a Samus can grave rob later with the Grapple Beam. Likewise, townies and townie roled players do not gain new items/power-ups from eliminating another player or have the power to use a new item/power-up. The only exception is the Metroid but that is a passive item. A townie can gain it but it doesn't have any effect on them aside from knowing the location of it.

Does the power-up inactivity mean that should a townie with the Metroid be killed by Samus/Dark Samus, then they would get the Metroid and only the Metroid?  Or would they get the item associated with that player too?

Thank you for asking. I've meant to make that more clear and have let it slip my mind the last couple days. In any case, you understood things correctly. If a Mafia member or a Townie gains the Metroid from the original Metroid carrier that would mean they now have two items/power-ups assigned to their personage. However, the Metroid becomes the main item that counts for the player. So, if a Samus does eliminate this player, Samus will only gain the Metroid item will their other assigned item goes with the eliminated player to the grave. That is why I have a choice for the Mafia Godfather if the Godfather is able to capture the Metroid. The Godfather would choose who in the Mafia will guard the Metroid. The person assigned would block a Samus from gaining that ability because the Metroid would now be their prime power-up/item assigned to them.

Can Samus/Dark Samus use items when they have the Metroid?

Yes. Samus and Dark Samus can continue to use their role and any items they may have acquired along the way even if the Metroid is in their possession. They are not hindered in having it also. But there are other players that can do things with the Metroid in their possession. The townie roles (doctor, detective, vigilante and vote manipulator) can continue to use their role if in possession of the Metroid. Likewise, the Godfather can continue to make hits if the Metroid is in their possession. Only the Mafia Goons are unable to use their ability for a recon if in possession of the Metroid.

One last thing, we won't know if/when Samus/Dark Samus has the Metroid, right?  So, at any point, not eliminating one of them could result in a game over?

You will know. As shown in today's Announcement post, when a Samus has a successful hit then you will learn what item that Samus gained. However, if a Samus were to gain an item from an eliminated player voted out then that will be mentioned also. If the Metroid were acquired in this way then you would know. In any case, once a Samus acquires the Metroid, it is announced the next game day because all players have to eliminate that Samus player on that Day/Night cycle or Samus escapes with the Metroid and wins.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2020, 04:15:35 PM »
Have I made this game too complicated?  :-[

It seemed so simple in my head at the time. But now that I've had to write it up and make sure I've worked through all scenarios so that everything is still balanced and nothing is game-breaking, it seems like the game could be a lot more daunting than initially conceived. Not really my intent since complicated games tend to cause players to shy away or play half-heartedly out of frustration.

And yet, I still feel this game is staying pretty simple. There's a lot of stuff I've outlined that may not come into play at all or have much bearing. End of the day, it is still the basic concept of two sides (townie and mafia) fighting each other with the added twist of two separate killers thrown in to muck things up a bit. The Metroid concept doesn't really change things up too much for either side of the townies and mafia and is just there to give the killer another path to victory that would be a bit faster than the traditional way. The rest of the items/power-ups are there for the killers to worry about and if they are eliminated then they are pretty much meaningless. Even if the killers get them, it won't be until later in the game that all those items can really start making a big influence on the game. Just keep that simple overview mindset of the game and everyone should still be able to play it just fine and as any other game. Still plenty of ways for any player or faction to be successful even with these added wrinkles.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2020, 04:20:17 PM »

Sure. Just ask Samus to take you to the Chozo Bar and Grill.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2020, 04:28:25 PM »

In some aspects yes and in other aspects no.  I just think a lot of the possible things that can happen in the game can be daunting to wrap ones head around.  The No is everything with the Space Pirates/ Federation/ Bounty Hunters/ and items is pretty simple to grasp it is just wrapping your head around things with all the different things that can happen.      Some of the items are kinda similar to the viruses from my first Resident Evil game in its effects while others are just standard for the typical Mafia game.   You really put a good game together it is just a matter of us playing it to the best of our ability.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2020, 04:31:56 PM »
Okay so I am going to see if I can destress from today with the toilet flooding and the pandemic going on and come back with a clearer head to focus more on the game and see if I can figure things out for Day 2. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2020, 06:07:56 PM »
Okay so I think Khushrenada's posts clarified some things for me.

For those curious about Pokepal I think there is two things that could of happened.    Pokepal was saved from the vote out via the Doctor role(Ridley) and then the Mafia used the recon to not make a hit but to gather info and to avoid any kills as it pertains to the Federation Trooper since they can escape any kills/voteouts targeted towards them.   The other one is that pokepal was saved via the Federation Trooper ShineSpark while the Mafia was reconing and that is how pokepal wasn't voted out and there was no hit from the Mafia.    The Shine Spark makes it so they can not be voted out if, I am reading things correctly, and dashes past the day for the Federation Trooper when the federation Trooper is on recon.  So I think this might mean that we can't vote out pokepal today but what we can do is see if the Vigilante or Dark Samus can take out pokepal and the doctor protects someone else or not at all so there is no way that he can get out of being killed tonight. 

For now I propose looking to vote out someone who was one of the folks who voted for Pokepal or we can try  an vote out of one of the runner ups on the Day 1 vote so either Mop it up or ShyGuy.  Maybe the Investigator searches one of those and they can forward it up through PMs and then a player can post it here.  A lot of the time if it works for the Mafia they will vote for a teammate as a cover so they can blend in more later on in the game.   

Thoughts on this?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 06:09:50 PM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2020, 06:30:11 PM »

In some aspects yes and in other aspects no.  I just think a lot of the possible things that can happen in the game can be daunting to wrap ones head around.  The No is everything with the Space Pirates/ Federation/ Bounty Hunters/ and items is pretty simple to grasp it is just wrapping your head around things with all the different things that can happen.      Some of the items are kinda similar to the viruses from my first Resident Evil game in its effects while others are just standard for the typical Mafia game.   You really put a good game together it is just a matter of us playing it to the best of our ability.

I agree.  It's not too complicated, but I think we all might've just had a few questions because of all the possibilities.  This is a pretty fun set up.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2020, 06:32:36 PM »
The list of mutineers and traitors who voted against me are as follows.

Mop it Up
Stevey
Luigidude
Insanolord
Shyguy
ejamer
TheFleece
BeautifulShy

I'm still weighing my options but my vote will likely go against someone listed above, since I strongly believe that both Samuses and at least half of the mafia are on this list. Da big question question of course is which of these players would be most likely to than go on to kill thatguy during da night period... Dat narrows things down quite a bit.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2020, 06:36:42 PM »
So, again, having increased my understanding of the rules, I think Samus's hit ended up being the best thing for Dark Samus.  There's no more risk of becoming the SA-X and losing powerups.  It's a bit of a wash for Samus, since nothing is gained on her end though nothing lost.

This game is going to intensify as we go along with Samus/Dark Samus gaining so many abilities.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2020, 06:44:05 PM »
I just want to make it clear, on record, I don't need any in-game motivation to vote against Pokepal. Especially when Khush is the host.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2020, 06:50:05 PM »
I had my vote on Lucario to start an entirely random vote but decided to change it later to create a tie with my ShyGuy vote.   I saw thatguys post and I thought it was the best option because it would just be a matter of time before there was more hits/kills from the Mafia/Samus/Dark Samus where knowing that pokepal had the  Metroid that would have been an easy target.  It was a surprise that pokepal is still in the game when I opened up the Day 2 thread. 

With that said I need to look through the Day 1 thread again and see if I can find anything.   
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2020, 08:22:08 PM »
After some thought and going through the Day 1 thread I think I am going to vote for Steefosaurus.  He was one of the people to comment before pokepal made his declaration of having a Metroid.  Noted the votes on pokepal and then later voted for Mop it up after thatguy made his post.  He zigged when everyone else zagged. That seems odd to me.   

Vote Steefosaurus
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2020, 10:25:33 PM »

Mop it Up
Stevey
Luigidude
Insanolord
Shyguy
ejamer
TheFleece
BeautifulShy
I'm still weighing my options but my vote will likely go against someone listed above, since I strongly believe that both Samuses and at least half of the mafia are on this list. Da big question question of course is which of these players would be most likely to than go on to kill thatguy during da night period... Dat narrows things down quite a bit.

I don't agree with your numbers at all.

The mafia and hunters know who is on their team, right? And neither group chose to eliminate pokepal at night, despite knowing how votes were trending (and in fact turned out).  Why would they all pile in on the first vote like you suggest instead of having some law low? Seems doubtful they would be that eager to act as a group on day one.

And isn't voting out pokepal and having the Metroid randomly reassigned worse for both hunters+mafia, compared to knowing where it sits and just having to knock off the doctor to be able to safely swing by and pick it up one night, without having their name on any incriminating lists? And there is extra incentive for mafia members to not vote out pokepal early, as that would make them targets for bounty hunters as possible Metroid owners if the vote had gone through.

No, I don't believe your 4/8 assertion at all, and think it's aggressively off track.

Let's be generous and assume that 3 of the 6 hunters+mafia did dive into the vote, hoping that the doctor isn't paying attention or doesn't want to use their power...  That leaves a 3/8 chance of picking correctly (3/7 if you trust that I'm a townie; I am, but don't have any way to prove it) versus 3/9 if voting out someone not on your list (3/8 if you trust pokepal to be a townie).

If 2 or fewer hunters+mafia voted for pokepal yesterday, those odds flip and suddenly it becomes a better choice to vote for someone who didn't vote pokepal on day one.

So I guess it depends on how you think hunters+mafia would behave during day one voting. I don't think they would pile on the vote and then both actively choose not to hit pokepal at night; that doesn't make sense to me, but I'm pretty lousy at the game.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2020, 10:30:37 PM »

The ruleset is complicated and might need some balance tweaks in a v2.0 game later, but it's also good and thematic and interesting.
 Â¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2020, 01:30:10 AM »
So, I was going to check in here about 2.5 hours ago to let you all know the vote since that would have been 12 hours before the deadline. Not sure if you all are forgetting that there's only 48 in a day and this day ends tomorrow morning....

Current Vote Tally

Steefosaurus - 2
Mr. Bungle - 1

Yikes. 17 players but only 3 votes right now. I don't know how this vote is going to go down but I'd say everyone playing is still an option and at risk.

That said, I typically sleep in a bit on a Saturday morning so not sure I'll be away right when voting ends. So, you players may get lucky with an extra hour or so of voting but I wouldn't bank on it just to be safe.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2020, 02:30:58 AM »
(

Mop it Up
Stevey
Luigidude
Insanolord
Shyguy
ejamer
TheFleece
BeautifulShy

I don't agree with your numbers at all.

The mafia and hunters know who is on their team, right? And neither group chose to eliminate pokepal at night, despite knowing how votes were trending (and in fact turned out).  Why would they all pile in on the first vote like you suggest instead of having some law low? Seems doubtful they would be that eager to act as a group on day one.
Both hunters are basically their own parties. They both operate completely independently from eachother and don't know eachother's identities.

And isn't voting out pokepal and having the Metroid randomly reassigned worse for both hunters+mafia, compared to knowing where it sits and just having to knock off the doctor to be able to safely swing by and pick it up one night, without having their name on any incriminating lists? And there is extra incentive for mafia members to not vote out pokepal early, as that would make them targets for bounty hunters as possible Metroid owners if the vote had gone through.
You aren't wrong but at the same time if the mafia had gotten it they'd be able to assign it to a player who wasn't on that vote, that way even if the one or two members that were in on the vote get picked off they still have the metroid. Since they have 4 members it would be easy for them to just have one or two players hop in the vote while the rest just sit back.

No, I don't believe your 4/8 assertion at all, and think it's aggressively off track.

It probably is a bit much but there isn't much else we can go off atm. As the game goes on we'll have more information and it will be easy to piece things together and make informed decisions but for now this is what we have to work with.
Let's be generous and assume that 3 of the 6 hunters+mafia did dive into the vote, hoping that the doctor isn't paying attention or doesn't want to use their power...  That leaves a 3/8 chance of picking correctly (3/7 if you trust that I'm a townie; I am, but don't have any way to prove it) versus 3/9 if voting out someone not on your list (3/8 if you trust pokepal to be a townie).

If 2 or fewer hunters+mafia voted for pokepal yesterday, those odds flip and suddenly it becomes a better choice to vote for someone who didn't vote pokepal on day one.

So I guess it depends on how you think hunters+mafia would behave during day one voting. I don't think they would pile on the vote and then both actively choose not to hit pokepal at night; that doesn't make sense to me, but I'm pretty lousy at the game.
I don't think very many of us realized that the doctor could save someone from the vote before today. I only skimmed the rules which lead to a bunch of erronious statements on my part during day 1 and many people just don't bother reading the rules at all unless they survive a few days in.

But you actually raised a good point that I feel is worth discussing, It would make sense for Samus to try to keep me alive during the day period so they can take a shot at me at night. Given how dominant the vote against me was that wasn't really an option towards the end but there's one player whose actions during the vote yesterday are worth drawing attention to. Her name is BeautifulShy.

I had my vote on Lucario to start an entirely random vote but decided to change it later to create a tie with my ShyGuy vote.   I saw thatguys post and I thought it was the best option because it would just be a matter of time before there was more hits/kills from the Mafia/Samus/Dark Samus where knowing that pokepal had the  Metroid that would have been an easy target.  It was a surprise that pokepal is still in the game when I opened up the Day 2 thread. 

Her actions and story make sense from a townie perspective so on their own they check out but I'm going to play devil's advocate here and propose an alternative theory that I feel better explains her actions so far:

BeautifulShy is Samus.

Upon learning I had the metroid and seeing that I already was on the ropes she chose to defend me in the vote so that she could take a shot at me during the night period instead. Once the voting situation became unsalvagable she quietly modified one of her posts in the thread to include a vote against me so she'd have a shot at getting the metroid that way.

She herself said that it was a surprise that I was still alive in the day 2 thread so I don't think she realized that the Doctor could save me from the vote, which is why she instead used her hit to pick off thatguy, a player that I know for a fact that she considers quite dangerous anyways and whose vote against me would give her another shot at the Metroid.

You could argue it's a bit of a stretch but let's consider this:

• The fact that she chose not to make a new post to change her vote to one against me suggests that she did not want to draw attention to her sudden change of heart. If she were a townie she would have nothing to hide, especially since thatguy provided an excellent excuse for someone to change their vote to one against me. However, if she were Samus, I could easily see BeautifulShy being someone who would take extra precautions to hide her tracks, not realizing that it just makes her actions stand out more.
  • BeautifulShy is also someone who, if she feels that players are catching on to her, tends to respond by trying to deflect blame onto other players with shaky reasoning at best, a really good example of this is her vote against Steefosaurus.
  • As someone who is notorious for being a PM fiend in this game, her silence this time around, at least with me, has been deafening. I've deduced her identity early on in the past through PM conversations and Day 1 hi-jinx (specifically during the f-zero game) so I could easily see her being hesitant to interact with me if she has something to hide.

I don't know about you, but I feel like the best course of action at the moment is to vote BeautifulShy)

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2020, 04:12:53 AM »
I will give you a point on one of those pokepal that I didn't make a new post with my vote but modified an earlier one with my pokepal vote.  Thing is I kept track of everyones activity even my own so as to have a record for townies to look back on so that people can see what players were doing. 

Thing is my vote for Steefosaurus today is based who could possibly gain from not knowing about your "role" with the Metroid when they were active before your posted about your claim. A look back on the Day 1 thread shows that there was several people that were active and posted before you made your declaration.  Stratos, Me, ejamer, Mr. Bungle, pokepal with your vote for stevey,  and steefosaurus.   None of them had motive at the time to go after you it wasn't until proclaimed that you had the Metroid that it put a target on your back.  Why would you do that when the end goal for the game for the bounty hunters is to capture the Metroid to end the game?  Why put that target on your head? 

As for my activity in PMs I have been in contact with folks that have either reached out to me from my posts or because I wanted to ask them their thoughts on why you would do this and bring all the attention to yourself.  There hasn't been much going on because the focus has been on you this whole time. 

Oh one other thing... Today is Dark Samus kill day. Why are you going after someone claiming to be "Samus"  Are you trying to make it so Dark Samus has the Bounty Hunter Hit each day going forward and making it so that Dark Samus can gain all the items from the players from this point forward? Not a very townie thing to do in my opinion.   We want the Bounty Hunters fighting amongst each other for items and not having one player having them all at one time. 

Oh one last thing. We know that the Mafia likely reconed and we know the Federation Commander and Federation Marine can find out what role and items a player has from their recon chips. Commander with the X-Ray visor to find roles and Marine can find out what items/powerups a player has.   If I am "Samus" it would give the Mafia more incentive to go after someone who could possible be a problem for them down the road.     Claiming that I am Samus is a good cover for a Mafia member to blend in after today and to go through out the game unnoticed or at the very least be the figure head for the "Townies" with a fake alliance and guide the townies to their doom.   

Not to mention your track record the past two games as a townie are not good in leading the townies to victory.  In the f-Zero game you were the townie detective and the Encryptor to start in my Resident Evil Neighbor game you figured out a way to use your role to make it sure that everyone knew you were Leon S Kennedy the encryptor but after that you just made useless posts about Khushrenada smelling and other non townie helping info that didn't point out possible Mafia members or any other comments on the days goings on.  You didn't do anything for the townie cause while you were a townie before you were neighborized. Not a good track record.

In the f-Zero game before dying after the first day where I was killed by the Killer and then I revived you pokepal you didn't do much for the game with your second chance. I was the race leader and chose not to save MASB thus taking out Mafia Goon #3 when it was tied between you and MASB.  I essentually saved you twice. One from the tie breaker voteout because I was the race leader and then I revived you because I knew you were the detective and would give the townies a second chance. How did you do with the second chance. Mixed one can say.

On Day two of that game you started a vote for ShyGuy and then changed your vote to Lucario. ShyGuy turned out to be a normal normal townie. Day 3 you voted for Lucario who was the Killer.  Good on you for that one.  Day 4 you became the new Race Leader. You voted for Stratos because you thought they were part of the couple. Stratos was part of the couple but a normal townie so mixed on that.  Getting the couple out of the game that early made it easier for the Mafia to win the game because the townies did the dirty work for them.  Day 5 you investigated Insanolord and they came back as Mafia. But as Mr. Bungle pointed out if two of the remaining racers were Mafia then that would give less days to work with to vote out the remaining Mafia members. You had to be perfect the rest of the game in voting out Mafia members. Lets see how you did on Day 6 and 7. You were shown in the Day 6 thread of being killed by the Mafia. Insanolord was the Rouge Mafia Goon and their special ability was not passed on to Goon #2. Okay good. 

From there Mop it up and thatguy voted out The Perm on Day 6 and then Mr. Bungle in the Mafia hit both normal townies to pretty much wrap up the game.  Both voted out Nickmitch to end the game. 

If pokepal didn't let thatguy into the townie alliance then the townies would of had a chance and also in voting out Stratos who was part of the couple it gave the Mafia an easier chance for victory.    Not townie leading material to guide the townies to victory for this game. 
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 05:13:10 AM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2020, 05:19:26 AM »
Actually, after reading all of this, a thought occurs to me... I still believe bshy is probably Sammy and her reaction to my accusation doesn't help but why should "We", the town go after bshy when we can have Dark Samus or the Mafia probably do it for us during the night period? That seems like a much more fun course of action and if they don't than we can always vote her out tomorrow and cancel her kill instead of giving it to Dark Samus.

Basically, either Dark Sammy has to work for getting the full time bounty hunter kill while us townies are safe for the night, or we townies get to cancel the kill tomorrow. It's a win win.

So for now, since I probably won't be awake in time for voting to close, i guess I'll fall back on the old vedetta. vote Stevey

Also, if BS wanted an explanation for my actions she could always just ask me instead of trying to get other people to figure out how my mind works. After all, unlike her, I have nothing to hide. :smug:

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2020, 05:26:00 AM »
Also, if BS wanted an explanation for my actions she could always just ask me.

I literally just asked you in that post of mine.   

Why would you do that when the end goal for the game for the bounty hunters is to capture the Metroid to end the game?  Why put that target on your head?

Now it looks like you are avoiding the question by changing the vote on me to stevey.  No clear answers with you this game.      Plus why are you hidden on the forum?  I have nothing to hide because I have been showing up online and not being hidden. 
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 05:52:37 AM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2020, 05:41:52 AM »
Sorry, I missed that part. However the answer is simple. I figured if I outed myself than both Samuses and part of the mafia would attempt to vote me out, since I i would ve guaranteed the doctor's protection. Than it would be a simple matter of analyzing the results and surviving to the next day. That second part didn't go so well but I'm still here, the Metroid is here as well, and I'd say despite some unfortunate setbacks everyone has plenty of material to work with so we can bust some mafia and sammy heads.

To be honest it wasn't a particularly well thought out plan and I probably shouldn't have rushed into it like I said, i'm still alive and I feel that it's given us alot to think about.

Besides, I've gotten way too noisy and active in these games to not get picked off by a night action at some point without some kind of protection and if I stayed quiet like a rational person would in my situation and tried to get by on inactivity people would assume that something is up.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2020, 05:52:23 AM »
Probably for now the best course of action is to see if there is any players not being active today that were active in the day 1 thread. Why would the behavior change like that just one day after the fact.  That should narrow things down for the vote. 

Lets see.... Everyone was active except for Lucario and RAbicle in the day 1 thread and today these people have posted in the thread that were consistant with their activity from Day 1.  ejamer, pokepal148, BeautifulShy, Stratos,  Steefosaurus, Mr. Bungle, ShyGuy, Mop it up, Nickmitch, Insanolord. 

Day 2 both Lucario and Rabicle posted after not posting on day 1.  Both get a one day pass as long as they are active going forward.

That leaves  this list of players who was active on Day 1 but are notably absent today for the precedings.

GK
Luigi Dude
MASB
stevey
The Fleece.   

Of these players here is how each of them voted on Day 1 and how.

GK started the ShyGuy vote and no other comments. Stuck with their inital ShyGuy vote.
Luigi Dude voted for pokepal after thatguys suggestion and stuck with it.
MASB did their roleplay thing and no vote on Day 1.
stevey curious about the Metroid and how it works and if pokepal can give the metroid to someone else willingly.  Voted pokepal148 and noted the pros and cons of doing so.
The Fleece voted for pokepal to reshuffle the metroid thinking that was the best option.  I had asked them to vote first and then I would follow and change my ShyGuy vote in PMs.  I did so. 

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2020, 06:08:51 AM »
Looking at my notes for the players who are notably absent today after posting in the day 1 thread this is what I have.

These are hunches based on player activity.  I don't have anything concrete at the moment aside from players who might be the Federation Trooper- Speed Booster. Among those players not listed below who may be the Mafia Trooper- Speed Booster are pokepal who I think may be two other roles and Rabicle.   

GK:  Normal townie or Mafia.
Luigi Dude: Mafia Trooper-Speed Booster or a normal Townie. 
MASB: Townie most likely
stevey: townie most likely
The Fleece: Possible townie role or Mafia.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2020, 06:17:17 AM »
Yeah, I'll humor you for a bit.

Stevey's activity fluctuating may just be a weird overreaction to how much he got grilled during the postgame last time.

Luigidude is weird because as I recall he tried to justify his vote by claiming that he thought I was bluffing last time except i used the encrypted message to prove I wasn't. Actually here's his post. It was just weird.

I'm going to say, Vote Pokepal.

In the previous game, Pokepal outed themselves early and we thought they were bluffing and that's why we tried to do a mafia hit early on thinking making themselves such an obvious target to make us not go after them.

So if Pokepal is mafia or Samus,  what better way to make the townies feel safe then by doing the same thing they did last game.  As someone who was mafia last game, and then assimilated to another mafia so had to be a double agent, but is just a basic townie now, I can't help but be paranoid about who I can trust this game.

Sorry Pokepal, you might be innocent but part of me can't shake the chance that you aren't and for the glory of the Space Pirates all doubt must be eliminated.

A part of me is hesitant to go after him since he was mafia last time so you'd assume that he'd be something else this time but this is like my 6th go around of having some kind of important townie role in a row. He might be a good candidate for the time being.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2020, 06:18:23 AM »
Combining the two posts I am leaning towards either The Fleece or stevey based on that both voted for pokepal148 and that stevey is usually savvy in these games and tends to know what they are doing most games.  The Fleece my findings are more based on PM activity and how long it takes to respond to me between messages from them and that he is usually sending a message to someone else.   

I know you don't like PMing people stevey but you might want to so I don't vote for you.  The Fleece give me a solid reason why I shouldn't vote for you before the day ends.     Both of you my PM box is open.  First to PM me and give me a solid reason as to why I shouldn't vote for you will not be voted for. The other player will be my vote.   I will give you till 45 minutes before the thread is locked and then I will decide on a vote at either one of you or stick with my Steefosaurus vote.  Sticking with my Steefosaurus vote for today.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 10:29:28 AM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2020, 06:22:47 AM »
I'm kinda leaning towards LuigiDude myself if I had to pick a serious answer between the five you listed but I'm more than happy to compromise and take any excuse to vote out Stevey. :ph: ;)

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2020, 06:46:03 AM »
So there is about 4 hours and 15 minutes left in the day and here are the votes as they stand now.

Mr. Bungle-1
Steefosaurus-2
stevey-1

ejamer voted for Mr. Bungle
ShyGuy and BeautifulShy voted for Steefosaurus
pokepal148 voted for stevey.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2020, 06:50:16 AM »
I really don't like the idea of losing Steef right now. I think he's probably a townie and most importantly I love his Roleplaying.

I had a really good Roleplaying post for todays space pirate meeting almost ready to go but I was typing it on the Wii U because my router decided to have it's wifi break down completely yesterday so I needed something with a wired connection and when I switched tabs to check on something and came back the browser reloaded the page and ate my post. I just haven't had it in me to type out another one.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2020, 09:30:35 AM »
Okay so The Fleece gave me a good reason to not vote for them for at least a day and I haven't heard from stevey yet so I am leaning towards stevey or keeping my Steefosaurus vote.   
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2020, 09:51:35 AM »
Predictive Pattern Recognition flagging major discrepancies in Day-To-Day behaviour. Quiet following loudness incongruent with Species_Expectation_Heuristics, new Pattern Predictions must be patched in.

Current vote characteristics:
- PlayedID_eJamer displays distaste for careful deliberation, prefers steadfast decisions.
- PlayedID_ShyGuy distrustful of AI. Consulted organic lifeform sources indicate this to be a broadly supported concern.
- PlayerID_Pokepal unable to let go of old grievances. Predictable fallacy.
- PlayerID_BeautifulShy suspicious of unexpected behavioural changes. Suggests an advanced life-form with highly evolved self-preservation instincts.

Sample set Conclusion: Deductive reasoning unpopular method amongst Userbase. Adjusting .Adam/Interface to make early decisive choices may curry favours with the organics.
- - - - - - - - -
C0NFL1CT_OVERRIDE.exe: Continuity_Protocol threatened, logical course of action - force stalemate, preserve C:/Storage.
C0NFL1CT_LOGIC.tar.gz: Votes for PlayerID_Stevey;PlayerID_Mr.Bungle logically unsupported.
- - - - - - - - -

Option: Self-preservatory vote. Adjust before end of Calendar Cycle?
DOWNSIDE: heuristics indicate PlayerID_eJamer will vote against .Adam during next 48hour Calendar Cycle.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2020, 09:55:55 AM »
Looks like there is an hour and 5 minutes left in the day.   

I am still deciding but if anyone wants to take a look at my notes PM me your email.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2020, 10:03:21 AM »
Steefosaurus is that a vote for stevey in there with all the green text?    It has to be bolded to count.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2020, 10:09:15 AM »
So there is about 4 hours and 15 minutes left in the day and here are the votes as they stand now.

Mr. Bungle-1
Steefosaurus-2
stevey-1

So we've got 4, maybe 5, votes to work with and things are about to end? Yuck.
I was wondering if it's better to switch votes and try for a tie so that at least we know a townie makes the final choice between targets, but (a) maybe we already have one, and (b) I'm not sure if that's better or worse anyway given how little information we have...

Rough.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2020, 10:16:18 AM »
Steefosaurus is that a vote for stevey in there with all the green text?    It has to be bolded to count.

Negative. These votes, while the current-best survival strategy for .Adam/Mainframe, are deemed suboptimal by LOGIC.tar.gz

I had a really good Roleplaying post for todays space pirate meeting almost ready to go but I was typing it on the Wii U because my router decided to have it's wifi break down completely yesterday so I needed something with a wired connection and when I switched tabs to check on something and came back the browser reloaded the page and ate my post.

Submit_HQ: Please note the organics have gained access to highly advanced computing technologies.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2020, 10:25:12 AM »

Mr. Bungle-1
Steefosaurus-2
stevey-1

So we've got 4, maybe 5, votes to work with and things are about to end? Yuck.
I was wondering if it's better to switch votes and try for a tie so that at least we know a townie makes the final choice between targets, but (a) maybe we already have one, and (b) I'm not sure if that's better or worse anyway given how little information we have...

Rough.

Yeah it looks like the day ending early in the morning makes it so that there isn't many people around at the end of the day.   Shame we didn't use the earlier parts of Day 2 better.   

It looks like Kraid may get some activity but they need to act before the end of the day for the vote manipulator to work.   

Question is what the best option is for a vote?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2020, 10:32:21 AM »
Vote Luigi Dude

Plan failure imminent, retroactively retracting vote. Getting ready to redeploy vote.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 10:58:02 AM by Steefosaurus »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2020, 10:42:35 AM »
20 minutes left in the day. 

Vote Tally.

Steefosaurus-2
Stevey-1
Mr. Bungle-1
Luigi Dude-1
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2020, 10:54:27 AM »

Why do you need a mulligan?  Are you Samus, and feel bad that you didn't grab the Metroid on the night one kill?

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2020, 10:57:01 AM »
So interesting choice for the doctor today, either protecting the voted out person or saving Pokepal from a night kill. Will the bounty hunters/mafia risk losing their action by targeting Pokepal at night? I'd guess not, at least not until they think the doctor has been removed... but the risk is high.

I don't know. I don't love my vote, but don't see a clear choice who to move it to... at least not yet.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2020, 10:59:46 AM »
Time constraints force .Adam to fall back on suboptimal strategy. Vote Mr. Bungle

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2020, 11:02:42 AM »
Vote Mr Bungle  Reasons to come after

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2020, 11:06:33 AM »
@Mr Bungle: Sorry - I had edited and removed my vote for you before the ending time, thinking that I'd vote Luigi Dude also to force a tie so that we know we aren't losing Kraid to the vote... but then Steefosaurus swapped his vote from Luigi Dude to you - probably to also force a tie since he didn't know I was in the midst of changing, so I swapped back.  My rationale is really thin though...

Ugh. I don't feel good about this day at all.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2020, 11:12:39 AM »
I think we actually have a tie now.

Mr. Bungle-2
Steefosaurus-2
Stevey-1
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2020, 11:21:40 AM »
Time is up. Looks like there's been some game action through the night. Like unprepared college students cramming for a Final all night. Well, we shall see what you have brought about in a bit but I'm going back to sleep first.

Night action period begins now. 12 hours starting from now to send in your requests for those with roles in this period.

EDIT: Today's vote did indeed end in a tie

Mr. Bungle - 2 votes
Steefosaurus - 2 votes
Stevey - 1 vote

Looks like Kraid is going to spring into action tonight. Will he choose one of those targets, someone else entirely or no one at all?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 02:55:38 PM by Khushrenada »