Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1210192 times)

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #1300 on: June 12, 2012, 11:28:39 PM »
Avatar is pretty exceptional.  I love both series, and I'm a little sad that Korra is about to wrap up its season.  The music is pretty boss, too.

Season 1 starts out a little slow, but I was pretty much invested after 3 or 4 episodes.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:40:07 AM by Sundoulos »
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: June 13, 2012, 12:38:58 AM »
However, considering my age compared to your's, it may not be for you.

Are you trying to call me an old fart?!
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: June 13, 2012, 01:54:06 AM »
Nah, we just may have different tastes.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: June 14, 2012, 01:23:47 AM »
So, anyone here a fan of the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes animated series?  Well, the Walt Disney Company has a special message for you:

"**** YOU!"

Much like when Disney butchered the wonderful Spectacular Spider-Man (and even redubbed the series' main voice actor when Spider-Man guest-starred on Avengers) to put out its mediocre new Teen Titans "Ultimate Spider-Man" (in name only) series, Disney has confirmed that they are canceling Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.  In its place will be a new Avengers series called "Avengers Assembled", which "more closely echoes the tone and the feel of the movie" rather than the original comics (which is what Earth's Mightiest Heroes is largely based on).

This was not unexpected considering it was yet another Marvel animated series in production before Disney bought Marvel, but it still really pisses me off.  At this point, I have to wonder what the point of following a Marvel animated series is, because they keep getting canceled just as they're getting awesome.   :@   I hope that this new series is actually good, but considering the incredibly average quality of Ultimate Spider-Man, I'm not going to get my hopes up.

In MUCH happier news, I am very pleased to say that Cartoon Network has confirmed that the much-beloved Teen Titans series (after a brief return in a series of shorts on the new DC block) will be returning next year as a half-hour series.  It will now be renamed "Teen Titans Go! and will remain comedy-focused like the shorts were, but the original voice cast is returning.  As someone who loved the animated Teen Titans series, that makes me very pleased indeed.   ;D
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 01:27:29 AM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: June 14, 2012, 10:18:42 AM »
WHOA HOLY **** NEW TEEN TITANS YESSS

Edit: Ew, they're chibis. Ew, it's completely comedy driven. Ew, it seems like it won't even try to continue the original series. God dammit. I wouldn't exactly call this good news. You can bet that I'll watch it, but you can also but I'll hate it with a passion.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 10:21:42 AM by Oblivion »

ï»ż

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: June 14, 2012, 11:41:01 AM »
With the new Teen Titans Go! news, comes news of the new Batman series.

For all those who gave Brave and the Bold a hard time, **** you.

A cool, new take on the classic Dark Knight franchise, ‘Beware the Batman’ incorporates Batman’s core characters with a rogues gallery of new villains not previously seen in animated form.

Along with backup from ex-secret agent Alfred and lethal swordstress Katana, the Dark Knight faces the twisted machinations of Gotham City’s criminal underworld led by the likes of Anarky, Professor Pyg, Mister Toad and Magpie.

Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, this action-packed detective thriller deftly redefines what we have come to know as a “Batman show.” Featuring cutting-edge CGI visuals to match the intricate twists and turns of the narrative, Batman steps out of the shadows and into the spotlight for an entirely new generation of fans.

With WBA’s Sam Register executive producing, and Batman Beyond’s Glen Murakami and Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated’s Mitch Watson producing, Beware the Batman, based on characters from DC Comics, is coming soon to Cartoon Network

First, if you have to tell me your show is cool... it's probably not cool.

Second, ugh...  I won't completely give up hope (even The Batman had some cool things done with it, and I like the idea that they're going all detective-thriller as opposed to "Oh, there's the Joker and he's doing something zany!"), but... just ugh.  I'll watch it though.  I watched Batman and Robin.  In Spanish.  And no, I don't speak a lick of Spanish.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: June 14, 2012, 12:33:37 PM »
WHOA HOLY **** NEW TEEN TITANS YESSS

Edit: Ew, they're chibis. Ew, it's completely comedy driven. Ew, it seems like it won't even try to continue the original series. God dammit. I wouldn't exactly call this good news. You can bet that I'll watch it, but you can also but I'll hate it with a passion.

Well, let's be honest here: the original Teen Titans series was probably more of a comedy series than an action one, and the comedy episodes were almost always the best ones.  I wish we could have a direct continuation as well, but from what I've seen of the recent Teen Titans shorts I think this creative team knows what they're doing.  And even though the characters are in Chibi form (complete with a lowercase "t" Titans Tower), we're still getting essentially the same characters with the same voice actors.  I'll take my wins where I can get them these days.

Besides, I'll be there's plenty of action as well, considering I don't know how they could fill a half-hour slot with just random comedy without making it an anthology show.

With the new Teen Titans Go! news, comes news of the new Batman series.

For all those who gave Brave and the Bold a hard time, **** you.

I tried to like Batman: The Brave & the Bold.  I really did, and there are some episodes of it I do really like (like the Music Meister episode), but it's just not the kind of Batman show I want to watch.  It's a lot of the same reason why I'm pretty hard on Ultimate Spider-man, which is basically just a re-skinned Teen Titans with FAR worse writing.  It's an enjoyable series in its own goofy way, but it's not the kind of Spider-Man series I want to watch.

I'm going to try to give Beware the Batman a chance because as awful as that trailer and setup seem, The Batman also started out awful but eventually evolved into a series I'd put up there with many of the more enjoyable Batman: TAS episodes.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 12:36:25 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Sundoulos

• View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: June 15, 2012, 08:42:56 AM »
Does anyone here like Young Justice?  I was kind of 'meh' on it during the first season (aside from the finale), but the recent episodes have had a few unexpected plot twists that have been pretty great.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: June 15, 2012, 09:03:36 AM »
Does anyone here like Young Justice?  I was kind of 'meh' on it during the first season (aside from the finale), but the recent episodes have had a few unexpected plot twists that have been pretty great.
I watched all of the first season and haven't gotten to the second one yet.  I thought the first season was ok.  Though I wish they would have used a different Robin then Dick Grayson because that one doesn't feel like him and having Nightwing would have played well with the themes of the show.

I think I can state in a nutshell what everyone wants is more series in the lineage of Batman the Animated series.  Every Batman reinvisioning since has fallen hard to that really high standard.  While Justice League, Batman Beyond, heck even that one where they pulled young Superman into the Future was better stuff then the current crop.  Young Justice had/has the potential, but they have yet to get a good mix of relief episodes from the main tone.  Spectacular Spider-Man was good and had potential as well then it got cut.  I haven't seen the new Green Lantern show that might be fun.  Batman: Brave and the Bold I enjoyed on a slapstick level and I dug the Blue Beetle.  Though I think that show really could have survived without Batman and just keep introducing more obscure characters.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: June 15, 2012, 09:37:20 AM »
You know - TAS was good.  Great, even... but I think there's a lot of Nostalgia glossing over many of the... horrible episodes.  There's the one with the Oliver Twist-style guy lives in the sewer with a bunch of kids.  There's the one where you've got the three rich kids stealing for fun.  The scammy prophecy guy.  Anything with the Penguin - notably, the one with Batman in my basement... and the Mechanic episode that seems more fan-fiction than anything.  Catwoman loses her kitty.  Catwoman turns into an actual furry.  Oh, let's not forget the "farmer makes giant crickets" episode...

As for Young Justice... it's pretty darn good.  The second season really takes off and I love the fact that we're getting some second stingers in here.  The latest plot twist revealed in last week's episode was pretty amazing.

I'm torn, really.  I like the fact that shows like Green Lantern and Young Justice have a continuing story line with character development.  But I also like B:TAS and B:TBATB for the fact that you can jump in to just about any episode and not miss a beat.

Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: June 15, 2012, 10:22:56 AM »
You know - TAS was good.  Great, even... but I think there's a lot of Nostalgia glossing over many of the... horrible episodes.  There's the one with the Oliver Twist-style guy lives in the sewer with a bunch of kids.  There's the one where you've got the three rich kids stealing for fun.  The scammy prophecy guy.  Anything with the Penguin - notably, the one with Batman in my basement... and the Mechanic episode that seems more fan-fiction than anything.  Catwoman loses her kitty.  Catwoman turns into an actual furry.  Oh, let's not forget the "farmer makes giant crickets" episode...

As for Young Justice... it's pretty darn good.  The second season really takes off and I love the fact that we're getting some second stingers in here.  The latest plot twist revealed in last week's episode was pretty amazing.

I'm torn, really.  I like the fact that shows like Green Lantern and Young Justice have a continuing story line with character development.  But I also like B:TAS and B:TBATB for the fact that you can jump in to just about any episode and not miss a beat.
Here is the crux of the American Cartoon philosophy and the Asian Cartoon philosophy.   American you either have no overarching story and just one shots or you have a continual story going on but all episodes can be watched alone and still being enjoyed.  Asian you tend to have continual story arcs that will lose people just randomly jumping in.  Asian Cartoon in general have a good average quality.  American cartoon there really isn't a median that most cartoons hit.  Your either good or bad.  Personally I prefer when the American style really hits its stride, Justice League be a great example (Most episodes can be watched alone, but there is an overarching story for the fans to follow.)  Asian I have to sit and watch the whole thing in an order and I can't just pop to episodes an average.  This makes them in essence a lot like watching a long movie.  Part of this comes from where each form roots are.  Asian Manga.  American Comic Books. 

Though on B:TAS for every hookie episode there was a good one to counter it.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Sundoulos

• View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: June 16, 2012, 12:34:03 AM »
Ceric, wouldn't want to spoil things for you, but based on what you've said, I think you'd enjoy Young Justice's second season.  I think that as of last week they've gone on hiatus and will start showing repeats of season 2.  It might be a good time to jump on board.

Uncle Bob, I totally agree with you about the plot twists on YJ.  The writers have shown that they can play with your expectations and still pull of some great surprises; it's been impressive.  I've also enjoyed the B-listers showing up; it's almost sort of gotten a minor Justice League Unlimited feel in a few of the episodes.

It's hard not to be a fan of B:TAS, particularly if you're of an age where you grew up watching it in the 90s.  I'd agree that it had it's share of stinker episodes;  however, since it was so unlike anything that came before and influenced so much that came after, it still just feels as if it's the big granddaddy of most of the modern superhero cartoons.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: June 17, 2012, 07:13:56 PM »
I saw Young Justice on and gave a couple of episodes a shot because I used to like Justice League back in the day.

I was pretty disappointed mainly because the entire thing was like "You're a clone. No I'm a clone. He's a clone of a clone! I can't take it that I might be clone!"

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: June 17, 2012, 07:26:04 PM »
I must have missed a few episodes...

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1314 on: June 18, 2012, 01:30:15 AM »
I hate CGI cartoon series. I'm not sure if I'll give that new Batman show a fair shot because of it. Haven't watched the Green Lantern show yet for that reason. I'm excited for more Teen Titans, though.

I was thinking the other day that since Superman vs The Elite coming out, maybe a Justice League Elite cartoon would be a good idea. It could be in the same universe as Young Justice, but be a little more gritty.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1315 on: June 21, 2012, 03:40:04 AM »
I watched all of the first season and haven't gotten to the second one yet.  I thought the first season was ok.  Though I wish they would have used a different Robin then Dick Grayson because that one doesn't feel like him and having Nightwing would have played well with the themes of the show.

Caught up a little on it, and I agree about the Robin thing. The one they used had that almost fanboyish love for Batman that you see more with Tim than Dick. I actually thought it was Tim until the time jump. In retrospect, the time jump could've forced them to introduce Damian in to the continuity, which complicates things a bit.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Sundoulos

• View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: June 21, 2012, 07:43:49 AM »

Caught up a little on it, and I agree about the Robin thing. The one they used had that almost fanboyish love for Batman that you see more with Tim than Dick. I actually thought it was Tim until the time jump. In retrospect, the time jump could've forced them to introduce Damian in to the continuity, which complicates things a bit.

It is strange, Robin in this series is being portrayed as being as skilled as Batman without all of the angst.  I wonder if that was just a decision to counter the "father/son" angst they were stressing between Connor and Superman during Season 1.  That seems to have all but disappeared after the time jump.  I found it hilarious that Batman was giving Superman advice on spending time with Connor during Season 1; this version of Batman, in fact, seems far less "broken" than the versions we had previously seen in the DCAU.

On the last episode before the hiatus:
I still wonder where the writers will end up with M'gann's character.  Does she kind of go to the "dark side" in the comics?  I also found it strange that while she has incredible psychic powers, she wasn't aware that her team members were deceiving her about Artemis' "death."  I'm excited to see where all of this goes, however.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: June 21, 2012, 10:12:43 AM »
It's been shown before that she has had issues letting her emotions get in the way of her psychic powers - remember the training exercise episode?  This seems to feed almost directly from that.

For those who are fans of B:TAS and don't already own the season sets, WB released a new collection this week.  It's $15 and has 13 episodes labeled "The Best of Batman".  Now, while I question the choices (No "His Silicon Soul"?  One of my favorites.  And "Bane"?  Guh.  One of my least favorites.), on the whole, the DVD is worth it if you just want some of the best the series had to offer.

Now, if WB wanted to be awesome, they should have released a "Best of Batman" collection that had, say, some TAS, some Batman Beyond, some B:TBATB, some of The Batman, an episode or two of the old Live Action series, maybe some Super Friends or such...  The collection we got should have been named "The Best of Batman: The Animated Series"...

Also, B:TBATB Complete Season 3 came out this week.  Yay.  This has a "bonus episode" featuring the "Birds of Prey" singing about Aquaman's tiny penis that went unaired on US Television.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1318 on: June 23, 2012, 12:31:00 AM »
This could be really bad, folks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RnLQpMeXzYc

I don't know how to embed stuff, just click the link.
SILVER LINING: Michael Bay's Ninja Alien Turtles has been put on indefinite hold. So we can all breathe a giant sigh of relief and start worrying about this new cartoon.
Again, if you want your TMNT fix, just go read the new IDW series.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: June 23, 2012, 01:21:40 AM »
i like how they use its always sunny in philidephia terms.
though it makes sense plotwise.

The leader, the brains, the muscle, and the wild card.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #1320 on: June 23, 2012, 03:56:47 AM »
Christ, that is some terrible animation.
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: June 23, 2012, 04:52:22 AM »
reality check: if the new series doesn't look as well made as the last series STOP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n8goY1YXSc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDQzALOH9iU
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: June 23, 2012, 11:17:53 AM »
It looks like ****, it is better animated than the last series though, but the original 80's cartoon was beautiful, at least for the most part.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: June 23, 2012, 12:11:42 PM »
For any of you who don't frequent the Avatar: Legend of Korra thread, I recommend the show wholeheartedly. The season finale just aired and it was amazing. It's lived up to it's predecessor's reputation.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: June 23, 2012, 01:25:20 PM »
Two quick updates...

Now, if WB wanted to be awesome, they should have released a "Best of Batman" collection that had, say, some TAS, some Batman Beyond, some B:TBATB, some of The Batman, an episode or two of the old Live Action series, maybe some Super Friends or such...  The collection we got should have been named "The Best of Batman: The Animated Series"...

So... this is odd.  I finished watching this collection last night.  There are 13 episodes on the two-disk set.  12 of them are from TAS... a single epsiode is from The Batman.  But what makes it stranger - the episode they picked is the one that tells Robin' origin... and while it was a fine episode, TAS's 2-part episode telling the origin of Robin was quite a bit better - not to mention the fact that I'm pretty sure it won some award or another for being so awesome. Seems like an odd choice, but whatever. :D

Also, B:TBATB Complete Season 3 came out this week.  Yay.  This has a "bonus episode" featuring the "Birds of Prey" singing about Aquaman's tiny penis that went unaired on US Television.

Lame.  The DVD includes the edited version.  In the unedited version, when singing about Aquaman's tiny penis, the Huntress waves her pinky finger.  The edited version, the cut to a pan of a fish tank. :(