Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1211002 times)

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #1150 on: February 28, 2012, 03:16:03 AM »
NBC is in shambles right now. The AV Club posted an article recently about how NBC's ratings were tied with that of Univision. I didn't even know what network Univision was before reading the article. It doesn't matter what they're airing, people are avoiding NBC like rancid dog poop. Meanwhile, CBS is doing so good that the fucking Rob Schneider sitcom is getting 12 million viewers a week, (trouncing the also solid Parks and Rec in the same timeslot) and I don't hear ANYONE arguing that that is any good.

Before writing off the quality of CBS as a whole, I have heard from people I trust and critics that The Good Wife is one of the best shows on TV right now, it just has a terribly unappealing title. Like, I've heard serious comparisons to The Wire and Breaking Bad. I haven't seen it, can anyone confirm/deny?

I haven't watched TV in months. I don't have cable, and I don't have an antenna hokked up to my TV (so no broadcast stations).

So let me get this straight... NBC is a disaster, while CBS is doing very well. Where does that leave ABC and Fox?
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: February 28, 2012, 03:26:49 PM »
i didn't like tbbt at first, and laugh tracks generally bother me, but then I saw the first episode, which sets up all the inside jokes. The first time I watched the show it was a star trek themed show and I figured I would never watch it again because at some point they would run out of geek humor. When I second saw bg bang theory it was without the laugh track on youtube, and it looked like the unfunniest show ever. Then I was extremely bored and the first episode was on and that was a good introduction to the characters. The thing I like about tbbt is that the characters are largely inconsistent. Sometimes they seem a certain way and sometimes they approximate that way. Though, iv watched them mostly out of order, which might explain that. The show is less about geek humor and more about social interaction. Though, id imagine in real life penny wouldn't talk to the gang beyond the first couple of encounters.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1152 on: February 28, 2012, 08:43:57 PM »
So let me get this straight... NBC is a disaster, while CBS is doing very well. Where does that leave ABC and Fox?

ABC is starting to get in trouble since their long running shows are dropping in ratings. Fox is doing really good, they have the #1 show on TV in terms of ratings (American Idol), and their other shows get solid ratings too.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: February 28, 2012, 09:04:38 PM »
They should put a laugh track in a hour long drama.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: February 28, 2012, 09:21:44 PM »
I saw this in Facebook and yes I have watched the episode of Community this is from.

Inspector Spacetime: The Webseries

I would like to see that made because I think it be hilarious.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: February 28, 2012, 11:26:59 PM »
I can't not refer to Doctor Who as Inspector Spacetime after that episode.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: February 28, 2012, 11:50:43 PM »
They should put a laugh track in a hour long drama.

David Lynch's Rabbits. :)
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: February 29, 2012, 12:52:32 AM »
Any one been watching 'Luck'? I've only seen the first episode and it was interesting enough, but does it get better?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: February 29, 2012, 05:03:13 PM »
New Avengers trailer is up. 

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/marvel/avengers/

Damn it I'm excited for this.  I just hope so badly it lives up to the promise all the trailers show.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: February 29, 2012, 11:32:15 PM »
New Avengers trailer is up. 

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/marvel/avengers/

Damn it I'm excited for this.  I just hope so badly it lives up to the promise all the trailers show.

Let me know when there is a non-quicktime version.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: March 01, 2012, 09:55:54 AM »

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: March 01, 2012, 07:21:59 PM »
Not to keep beating a dead horse, but Bad Ass Digest just posted this article about newcomers getting into Community so I figured I'd pass it along. I would also add that I can't believe they left off Remedial Chaos Theory on this list, as that is an essential one. http://badassdigest.com/2012/03/01/these-10-episodes-will-make-you-fall-in-love-with-community-too/

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: March 01, 2012, 08:40:50 PM »
But where is the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons episode? :)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: March 01, 2012, 09:40:21 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPoHPNeU9fc

Here you are sir.

Muchos Gracias. It's looking good. Day 1 opening weekend... probably early that Sunday.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: March 11, 2012, 12:53:47 AM »
http://www.hbo.com/video/video.html/?autoplay=true&vid=1235073&filter=all-movies&view=null

I questioned if that was really Julianne Moore more than a few times during this preview trailer for a new HBO Movie. Check it out, but do not discuss the nature of the movie, and you will know why after you click the link.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: March 11, 2012, 01:29:25 AM »
Is it that Sarah Palin Film? HBO broken error message refuses to let me continue.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1166 on: March 11, 2012, 01:33:37 AM »
Is it that Sarah Palin Film? HBO broken error message refuses to let me continue.

Yes. And I will avoid saying what I think of Palin.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: March 11, 2012, 04:04:46 AM »
That's just... weird.

McCain looked like a CG'd head atop a Muppet body more than a few times during that.

Woody Harrelson looks like Jesse Ventura.

I'm pretty sure that I saw Ron Livingston in there.

The use of the Guess Who's "American Woman" is either a not-so-subtle message, or no one bothered to actually listen to the lyrics.

Does anyone even actually still care about Palin? :o

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: March 11, 2012, 09:14:31 AM »
I only know of it because Julianne Moore popped up a couple days ago on The Daily Show and from the clips I saw, it speaks volumes about her acting ability. It was such a scarily close impersonation Julianne Moore could replace Palin with no one the wiser if she had a little bit more weight and her face a touch wider or no one gets too close to her. On TV you could easily pass her off as the real deal. Tina Fey had done a good spoof, but that was still a spoof.

Julianne Moore is always a treat.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: March 11, 2012, 11:33:03 AM »
I just finished watching it. Julianne Moore did a great job and was very Palin like.
Ed Harris had a few McCain look-a-like moments, but he was too skinny. He also didn't really capture the McCain shocked and appalled moment either, but this movie isn't really about McCain.

This movie only put into movie form what I (and just about everyone else I know) had already known. Someone made a very bad decision and we all have had to live with it since.
This movie is very much a [Julianne Moore] put down piece that attempts to shift all ill thought of [Ed Harris] back onto [Julianne Moore], but after watching the movie, I think that blame should be on [Ed Harris]'s handlers. The story seems truthful enough even if some liberties might have been taken, and that truth is that she should never have been put in that position to begin with. I know that this was a made for TV movie, but it just seems like they rushed through a lot of it and they probably could have done a 3-4 part miniseries instead so that they could have gone into more detail... actually another 20-30 minutes of her build of confidence and her rise to fame to the point where she felt it was now her campaign might have been enough. But there were more laughs to be had at [Julianne Moore]'s expense.

Although the Palin watching Tina Fey do Palin on SNL parts brought back some very fond memories. Those skits got me to watch SNL again for a moment.... and made me a fan of 30 Rock.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: March 11, 2012, 12:33:50 PM »
Wow, she looked exactly like Sarah Palin. I kind of want to watch that movie...but at the same time I really don't want to. It would be more interesting...3 years ago.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: March 14, 2012, 11:56:15 PM »
Comedy Central made a deal to air syndicated episodes of Community starting in 2013. This provides an extra source of revenue, and added reason for NBC to keep the show on the air. Six seasons and a movie!
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: March 15, 2012, 12:02:28 AM »
Comedy Central made a deal to air syndicated episodes of Community starting in 2013. This provides an extra source of revenue, and added reason for NBC to keep the show on the air. Six seasons and a movie!

It must be Xmas

Good Job Comedy Central. Good Job.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: March 16, 2012, 12:06:30 AM »
Tim Burton's latest

Dark Shadows
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTjD3rV27Go

I'm not really sure what to make of that trailer... wait for DVD release it seems to me.
Isn't this based on an old mini-series or something?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1174 on: March 16, 2012, 12:14:05 AM »
It's based on a "gothic soap opera" (using Wikipedia) of the same name that aired on ABC from 1966-1971. Apparently Burton is a fan of the series.

NBC tried reviving it in 1991, but it lasted only 2 months because ratings dropped due to episodes constantly being delayed or rescheduled due to coverage of the Gulf War. The WB then ordered a pilot for a new series in 2004 but didn't pick it up.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 12:48:21 AM by TJ Spyke »