Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1205216 times)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #1025 on: January 16, 2012, 09:07:08 AM »
I was hoping Cat Woman would be Latina. Evan Mendez? Oh yeah. Michelle Rodriguez? Mos definitely. Actually Michelle looks like a chick who could realistically whoop some ass.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1026 on: January 16, 2012, 07:36:01 PM »
Catwoman is white, I am sick of studios trying to get minority viewers by making white characters black (i.e. Kingpin and Nick Fury).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: January 16, 2012, 09:17:46 PM »
Racist.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1028 on: January 16, 2012, 10:09:45 PM »
I'm not racist, I just don't want them changing the race of characters.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1029 on: January 16, 2012, 10:30:21 PM »
Catwoman is white, I am sick of studios trying to get minority viewers by making white characters black (i.e. Kingpin and Nick Fury).

Nick Fury is black in the Ultimate books. And the new Ultimate Spider-Man is half black half Latino! But you probably don't read those.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1030 on: January 16, 2012, 10:51:54 PM »
The Ultimate universe is a side universe, it's not the main continuity. I don't even like the Ultimate universe because it's nothing more than a way from Marvel to make more money by starting over. The main Spider-Man is white, Ultimate universe is nothing more than a alternate one.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1031 on: January 16, 2012, 11:09:38 PM »
But the Marvel films are largely based on those since they all have to be more modern anyway. I always thought of the Ultimate Universe was more of a way to make the characters younger, more relatable and for the writers to not have to tip toe around such convoluted continuities.

What do you think of DC's reboot?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 11:19:03 PM by nickmitch »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: January 16, 2012, 11:50:37 PM »

Did the race of the character change the character in any way other than skin color?
Did finding an actor to fit the part that just so happened to be black ruin the movie for you?

Do you have a problem with either Michael Clark Duncan or Samuel L. Jackson?
Because I think they both did a great job with the roles they've been given.

It's not like they took main characters that are very well known like Spiderman or Wolverine and made such a change because that would be wierd, but they made such a relatively minor change with a secondary character that was portrayed that way in the comics to begin with, so really I don't see the problem other than you don't like the source material they borrowed from.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 11:55:07 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1033 on: January 16, 2012, 11:55:18 PM »
Would you like it if they took a black character or Asian character and made them white? I think the only reason they didn't get bigger reactions is because they were minor character. I think it's obvious there would be much bigger backlash if they tried making someone like Superman or Batman black (I remember the outcry when DC was just planning to change Superman's costume). What if they wanted to re-make Shaft, but have him be white?

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1034 on: January 17, 2012, 12:02:14 AM »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: January 17, 2012, 12:16:30 AM »
Didn't I just say that they did it with secondary characters and that it would be wierd if they did it with a well known main character? especially one that had never been portrayed that way in the source material?

And Shaft wouldn't be Shaft if he was white. The entire series is a blacksploitation. If you change it to a white character it would become a parody and like Donald Glover already pointed out, it would probably be hilarious.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: January 17, 2012, 12:24:12 AM »
TJ is Karl Pilkington with none of his innocence and is harmfull to others.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1037 on: January 17, 2012, 12:30:08 AM »
TJ is Hawkeye

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: January 17, 2012, 12:51:29 AM »
catwoman has been both black and white repeatedly, and not only that, there are multiple catwomen
not all are selena kyle.

outside julie newmar and lee merryweather they have pretty much gone back and forth.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 01:08:14 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1039 on: January 17, 2012, 01:02:13 AM »
Didn't I just say that they did it with secondary characters and that it would be wierd if they did it with a well known main character? especially one that had never been portrayed that way in the source material?

And Shaft wouldn't be Shaft if he was white. The entire series is a blacksploitation. If you change it to a white character it would become a parody and like Donald Glover already pointed out, it would probably be hilarious.

To be fair, you added that part to your post 9 seconds before my post (so I was already typing my post).

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: January 17, 2012, 01:05:00 AM »
Both of the black Catwomen have been extremely sexy too (I have a Halle Berry Bias and I'm not ashamed of it) especially Eartha Kitt with that Purrrrrrrrrrr that no one could ever do like her.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: January 17, 2012, 01:09:40 AM »
oh yeah, Eartha Kitt was the most cat like catwomen so far

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: January 17, 2012, 01:38:52 AM »
So you guys heard about the multitude of Avatar: the Legend of Korra leaks right? Well, I was there as they were leaked by the leaker.

The leaker has a twitter account:

http://www.twitter.com/TheKorraLegend

And he tweeted that he was gonna leak the clips and pics on his friends forum. So, I asked him a couple questions, which he retweeted, and finally I joined that forum and we all waited for the leaks.

As soon as the leaks hit me and about twenty others from ASN go batshit crazy. We're downloading them, discussing them in that forum and ASN's forum, and finally it spread through tumblr, YouTube, and the Internet itself like wildfire.

Fun times.

So yeah, if you don't know what leaked clips I'm talking about, go to that twitter and see all the clips. If you don't feel like signing up at that site just google it and you'll find it. :)

Or, if you'd rather watch all the leaked clips in one video, here it is:

http://plethoraofkorra.tumblr.com/

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #1043 on: January 17, 2012, 11:42:33 AM »
I am sick of studios trying to get minority viewers by making white characters black (i.e. Kingpin and Nick Fury).

I think this is the assumption that is putting people off. It's cynical and perhaps a bit offensive to assume that these black actors got their parts because of "studios trying to get minority viewers" rather than the merits of those actors.

And maybe the fact that the vast majority of comic book characters were originally white says more about the creators of those comics (or the era they lived in) than using some minority actors to portray them says about modern filmmakers.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 11:50:58 AM by gbuell »
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: January 20, 2012, 08:29:24 AM »
The Expendables will now be PG-13. Gay, lame and now no longer worth the effort to pirate or see at the movies.
Harry, the film is fantastic with Van Damme turning in an inspired performance... Our final battle is one for the ages. The PG13 rumor is true, but before your readers pass judgement,  trust me when I say this film is LARGE in every way and  delivers on every level. This movie touches on many emotions which we want to share with the broadest audience possible, BUT, fear not, this Barbeque of Grand scale Ass Bashing will not leave anyone hungry...Sly

In a related zinger of a meme from another forum.
Behind Chuck Norris's beard, there is a giant crybaby who doesn't like curse words.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: January 20, 2012, 04:56:43 PM »

Did the race of the character change the character in any way other than skin color?
Did finding an actor to fit the part that just so happened to be black ruin the movie for you?

Do you have a problem with either Michael Clark Duncan or Samuel L. Jackson?
Because I think they both did a great job with the roles they've been given.

It's not like they took main characters that are very well known like Spiderman or Wolverine and made such a change because that would be wierd, but they made such a relatively minor change with a secondary character that was portrayed that way in the comics to begin with, so really I don't see the problem other than you don't like the source material they borrowed from.

I'm going to have to Say I prefer Nick Fury being white because he's so much kick ass in a way you would normally associate with a black character that the sheer oddity and coolness of it made me like the character more.  Now I do enjoy Black Lex Luthor much more than traditional White Lex Luthor.  I think who plays the Kingpin in the Daredevil movie fits the character to the T.

If the character is the same, aka they don't change the backstory to coincide with the new skin, I tend to be ok with it.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: January 24, 2012, 07:19:23 PM »

these pics explain why Nolan picked Hathaway

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1047 on: January 25, 2012, 12:43:00 AM »
Her ass isn't that nice.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: January 25, 2012, 03:48:54 PM »
not as nice as Julie Newmars, but i blame the material of the clothing. Its not nonexistant though. Speaking of which, if they ever make a new Batman tv show, I nominate Rihanna.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: January 25, 2012, 03:59:52 PM »
Its all there.  She's plenty cute but I wish she had some color.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.