Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1210327 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #975 on: December 15, 2011, 02:32:58 AM »
WHERE MY LEAKED TRAILER AT?

...RISES

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: December 15, 2011, 03:27:47 AM »
TEASER TRAILER IS AWESOME CARRY ON.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: December 16, 2011, 03:42:55 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXLuExO6j8Q

Despite the mixed feelings of 'Bruno', we can all agree that 'Borat' was hysterical. I look forward to seeing Sacha Baron Cohen doing what he does best.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 03:44:30 PM by Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: December 16, 2011, 04:04:48 PM »
Delightfully offensive to American sensibilities. Two thumbs up. Double fists.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #979 on: December 16, 2011, 04:36:00 PM »
That actually looks like the sort of thing Americans love.
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: December 16, 2011, 04:37:02 PM »
Moviebob is saying Sherlock Holmes really sucks.  This does not please me.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/5128-The-Adventures-of-Tin-TIn

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: December 16, 2011, 04:50:01 PM »
Considering he spends 2 words and half a second on Sherlock Holmes, I am going to have to take that with a grain of salt. Got something a bit more substantial?
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: December 16, 2011, 05:42:06 PM »
Oh I agree that it isn't much to go on.  But negative is negative.  Hopefully more detailed reviews are more insightful.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: December 17, 2011, 02:19:39 AM »
Delightfully offensive to American sensibilities. Two thumbs up. Double fists.

idk i was expecting something better, maybe I watched to many Saddam Hussein documentaries. There was this really good British Miniseries about Saddam's Son in Law called Saddam's Tribe. I think that was it, there's another one i guess. Then recently the Devil's Double. The Dictator is supposed to be based off of Saddam's novel, which is really a metaphor between relations between Iraq and the international world.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline SixthAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #984 on: December 19, 2011, 02:25:32 AM »

Is anybody else going to see this movie?
It's looking pretty good from what I've heard and it's going to be one of the few movies given a world wide release that I can actually catch before most people.
It's also the most expensive Chinese movie ever made (I imagine Bale's salary took a hefty chunk of it).  Is it getting a release near you?  Bale is such a big name right now I figure that him being the lead is going to give it a lot of international attention.

A small warning: Due to the subject matter prepare to either be depressed or bawling once it ends.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 02:27:16 AM by SixthAngel »

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #985 on: December 19, 2011, 02:29:56 AM »
Looks like it has a limited release this year in the US (New York, Los Angeles, and San Francisco) and expanding in 2012. I can't find any info on where it will expand too though, so I can't say if it will air here.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: December 19, 2011, 04:45:29 AM »
Moviebob is saying Sherlock Holmes really sucks.  This does not please me.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/5128-The-Adventures-of-Tin-TIn

Stick to the british TV series "Sherlock". Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are considerably better than Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law. Less blow-stuff-up-wowzy and more wit and classy writing.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: December 19, 2011, 05:22:35 AM »

Stick to the british TV series "Sherlock". Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are considerably better than Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law. Less blow-stuff-up-wowzy and more wit and classy writing.

It's a shame that there are currently only three 90-minute episodes because the show is really fun. The next series/season airs in 2012.01 and will be another three 90-minute episodes. Ah, I've been waiting for so long for the second series/season.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: December 19, 2011, 01:47:36 PM »
I just received my copy of the H.P Lovecraft Historical Society's adaption of The Whisperer in Darkness! I've been following the production for quite a while now... years in fact. I intend to watch it later this evening, but am fully expecting to be blown away. Hell, even Sandy Petersen helped out with the production. Their previous offering, an adaptation of The Call of Cthulhu, was easily the most compelling proof to date that there is indeed a way to bring Lovecraft's work to cinematic life.

I'd suggest everyone go check out both films. They're definitely worth the purchase, and go to support truly independent cinema. Otherwise, I do believe that The Call of Cthulhu is available on NetFlix. I imagine that The Whisperer in Darkness will follow in time. Just keep in mind that both films are shot as strict period pieces, so Cthulhu is actually a shorter silent film. Whisperer on the other hand is more in the style of a 1930s Universal Studios horror film, like King Kong or Frankenstein.

Also, for those interested... The HPLHS has a plethora of cool stuff in their online store. Included amongst it is a two CD set of so-called Solstice Carols. Mythos inspired parodies of those dreadful Christmas tunes you all know and hate. If anything could actually make the holidays fun, those are it! :)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 01:52:12 PM by Morari »
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: December 19, 2011, 08:45:19 PM »
Underworld [whatever]; Kate Beckinsale crawling through a vent.. in 3D? I'm in.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: December 20, 2011, 01:59:24 PM »
So the Dark Knight Rises trailer is awesome.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #991 on: December 20, 2011, 04:42:01 PM »
Ehh...It's honestly just Ok. But believe you me, I'll be at my local IMAX on day 5-13.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: December 20, 2011, 05:11:08 PM »
Ehh...It's honestly just Ok. But believe you me, I'll be at my local IMAX on day 5-13.

lol did we watch the same trailer? Its kinda sad. Nolan makes movies I would make if i had a big studio behind me. Whats going on in the TDKR is kinda like a plot I was writing, except it solves all the problems I have developing the story. Ever seen Apocalypse Now? This is what happens if Kurts leaves the jungle and blows up a city...except there's Batman in it. Throw in some darth vader/phantom of the opera.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #993 on: December 20, 2011, 05:12:59 PM »
As long as it is better than Batman Begins (which was dragged down by the first half being extremely boring), I will see it eventually.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #994 on: December 20, 2011, 05:14:29 PM »
I was expecting something more abrasive and coherent. This is the Dark Knight sequel and conclusion we're talking about. I'm already hyped to ****. So showing me a batwing and something blowing up isn't going to do it.

As long as it is better than Batman Begins (which was dragged down by the first half being extremely boring), I will see it eventually.

The first half was my favorite part.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: December 20, 2011, 05:27:50 PM »
did you see the 6 minute prologue? The trailer seems that much better if you've seen the prologue.

Also yeha, the first part of batman begins is awesome. Your not getting a regular batman movie, your getting this epic movie that shows a journey across the world. Without it you would be stuck in this micro-world of gotham only. This world is so much bigger than your typical batman movie, or comic for that matter. IDK, I was always a fan of Ras Al Ghul in the animated series, and some of my favorite episodes were the training he got from traveling with Talia.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 05:31:23 PM by ThePerm »

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #996 on: December 20, 2011, 05:29:11 PM »
It almost made me want to turn off the movie, I am glad I stuck through it. I also wasn't a fan of the idea of only having Scarecrow be in the movie for like 5 minutes total.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: December 20, 2011, 05:33:33 PM »
Even though scarecrow as a character gets to have a 3 movie story arch throughout the series. IDK i think they treat Crane pretty well. They got his look down as well. Scary as **** really. I don't want to see a movie with Jim Carrey's Riddler with a burlap bag on his head. Thats what it would be otherwise. I kinda expect him to be in the new movie a lot, but only in interior location scenes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIqbbjj2-ag
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 05:37:01 PM by ThePerm »

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: December 20, 2011, 06:29:41 PM »
Batman Begins was easily Nolan's worst film. The main problem of the film was not focusing on the Scarecrow. The entire theme of the film is fear. The fear that Batman causes in his enemies and uses as a weapon. The fear that Bruce himself has concerning his past and future. The Scarecrow fits into that perfectly, but barely had more than a handful of scenes. Instead we get was some laughable plot about a cult of ninjas trying to take over the world. Yawn.

Thankfully we got a much, much better film out of The Dark Knight. I'm very interested to see how Nolan wraps it all up, even if this recent trailer was about as boring as could be. I'm kind of hoping to see the trilogy end with Bane breaking the Bat. ;)
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: December 20, 2011, 06:44:48 PM »
Bane may break the Batman, but THE DARK KNIGHT WILL RISE