Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1213558 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #950 on: November 19, 2011, 05:33:01 PM »
id be willing to go with the Shitty agent things, I looked up what was going on with the power rangers after the question popped up, and the second Yellow Ranger, she just did an indie pic, which is good to hear, but yeah I can see somewhat not being taken seriously. However, I'd like to see comebacks across the board. Joseph Gordon Levitt just did it, he wasn't a power ranger, but he had a similar disappearance. The thing that brings it up is the ex-Power Rangers are all the right age to be action stars. 30s to late 40s. Some of them are great martial artists, and I like martial arts and thus I would love to see lots of kickass martial arts action films.

Note: Second Black Ranger is the voice of Ichigo on Bleach, I haven't ever watched Bleach in English, so Ill have to check it out.

Speaking of Power Rangers, I would love to see a modern day re-imagining. There are new power ranger shows all the time, but they fucking just copy the old series. Power Rangers are people in Exo-suits that have giant dinosaur robots that fight Kaiju, and if you were to reinterpret that with todays awesomeness then you get Iron Man fighting cloverfield and jumping into a big badass mecha.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 05:35:47 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: November 21, 2011, 10:52:48 AM »
You know rumor still has it that the Voltron Live Action got green lighted but that rumor goes around all the time.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #952 on: November 21, 2011, 01:15:43 PM »
Well, Relativity Media did announce back at Comic-Con in July that it bought the rights to a Voltron movie, so it's at least possible.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: November 21, 2011, 06:04:18 PM »
is Relativity media a big enough company to afford to make a decent Voltron movie? They made Limitless i know and a few other movies, but they are Relatively new as far as production companies go.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #954 on: November 21, 2011, 06:11:10 PM »
They made the recent movies Immortals, Tower Heist, Paul, and Cowboys & Aliens. It was a crappy movie, but they also did Battle: Los Angeles. Overall, they have made some really good movies (see their full list at IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/company/co0142678/)
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: November 21, 2011, 06:17:40 PM »
Battle: Los Angeles is Perm's favorite movie.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: November 21, 2011, 07:38:32 PM »
Battle Los Angeles was many things but I wouldn't call it crappy.

Cowboys and Aliens was a crappy movie however.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: November 23, 2011, 04:54:31 AM »
http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3708919321/

competing Snow White...by relativity media, less war story...

hopefully one of these day Armie Hammer gets his super hero role. The guy was up for Batman for the Justice League movie, but those didn't pan out.

Sean Bean plays The King in this movie......we all know about the Kings role  in Snow White....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEhtsgu6bJg
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 04:58:24 AM by ThePerm »

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #959 on: December 04, 2011, 11:13:33 PM »
http://io9.com/5864824/see-the-opening-credits-to-the-last-airbender-legend-of-korra

Link says it all....

Here's a scene from the first episode as well...

http://thekorralegend.tumblr.com/

Lastly, here's a montage of pics with the ending credit music in the background...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct8VRv7NyT8&feature=player_embedded

I'd be very surprised if we don't see the first episode leaked soon.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #960 on: December 05, 2011, 04:16:04 PM »
The Cabin in the Woods
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810035105/video

Producer: Joss Whedon
Director: Drew Goddard
Starring: Chris "Thor" Hemsworth
In this twisted thriller from Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard, five friends arrive at a secluded cabin with clear instructions for their anticipated mountain getaway. But when the rigid rules are broken, punishment is swift -- and everyone will pay. Kristen Connolly, Jesse Williams, Anna Hutchison, Fran Kranz, Chris Hemsworth and Brian J. White star with Richard Jenkins and Bradley Whitford in this surprising spin on a classic horror setup.

Looks interesting, and I love me some horror movies.
And it would be nice to see what Whedon and Thor were doing before I go see The Avengers.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: December 05, 2011, 05:37:24 PM »
That looks pretty awesome. Totally different than what I was expecting (typical Wrong Turn/Friday the 13th stuff)...
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #962 on: December 05, 2011, 06:34:21 PM »
So it's like the Truman Show meets the horror genre? Interesting. Still, it has the worst name ever.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #963 on: December 05, 2011, 06:41:39 PM »
Still, it has the worst name ever.

Ahem: The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #964 on: December 05, 2011, 06:54:33 PM »
No...that's a better name.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: December 05, 2011, 08:07:28 PM »
yeah when I first heard Imaginarum of Doctor Parnassus, I was like that **** sounds crazy, like imagination land type ****. Willy Wonka? This is also what pops in my head.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1KJOjKvg3M
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 08:16:10 PM by ThePerm »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #966 on: December 12, 2011, 09:13:58 PM »
Looks like G.I. Joe got a sequel and it's starring The Rock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSX2oxLdcWA&feature=channel_video_title

The trailer actually got me a little hyped for it too. There is also another special appearance at the end.

Too bad it looks like almost everyone from the first movie is dead, I kinda enjoyed the first movie for what it was. A slightly larger than life domestic terror movie based on a COMIC BOOK and childrens cartoon that was a fun watch.
The sequel looks to be more of the same [but better]. A Popcorn wartime action blockbuster.

edit: :( also looks like no Cobra Commander this time around which also means no JGL
although I could've sworn I saw him in the trailer....

edit2: Also go the song from the trailer
Seven Nation Army (by The White Stripes) Dub Step Remix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DmfNyGDyIY
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 09:45:34 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #967 on: December 12, 2011, 09:22:27 PM »
It's old news that a sequel is coming, it was announced awhile ago. There IS news about it today though, it looks like WWE Hall of Famer Sgt. Slaughter (who was heavily involved in the franchise in the 1980s) will have a cameo in the movie.

Offline SixthAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #968 on: December 12, 2011, 09:59:19 PM »
Ahem: The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

Hi, I'm Troy Mclure.  You may rember me from such movies as The Contrabulous Fabtraption of Professor Horatio Hufnagel and The Greatest Story Ever Hula-ed.

On a side note, is anybody else watching American Horror Story?  I'm liking it and it is one of the few shows where I really have no idea what is going to happen next.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 10:25:37 PM by SixthAngel »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #969 on: December 12, 2011, 10:13:21 PM »
I'm watching it, one of my favorite new shows of the year.

I'm just wondering if they are gonna stick to the game plan and have a new family next season, or are they gonna Heroes it and run this one into the ground?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 11:06:44 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline SixthAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #970 on: December 12, 2011, 10:16:24 PM »
I'm watching it, one of my favorite new shows of the year.

I'm just wondering if they are gonna stick to the game plan and have a new family next season, or are they gonna Heroes it and run this one into the ground?

You should spoiler that.  I had no idea what the game plan was.  While after I saw a recent development it came to mind I don't want to be privy to the actual plans for the seasons before I see the episodes.

Considering ghost baby they could be around for a while.  I guess they could just kill that family and have the horrible neighbor raise the baby though.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 11:15:28 PM by SixthAngel »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #971 on: December 12, 2011, 11:15:23 PM »
sorry. I edited the post.
But I didn't really think of it as a spoiler as I have no idea what they are gonna do at the end of this season or anytime during the next.

But considering that no family has escaped that house alive (so far), they could have a new family in the house next season and the current family too (along with all the past peoples that have died in that house.)

But this show is a little twisted. I like it.
Can't believe it's by the same guy that did Glee. complete opposite ends of the scale.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: December 12, 2011, 11:19:18 PM »
yeah, the very idea of a gi-joe movie is fucking stupid.......but I started to dig the trailer whenever they started playing "7 nation army" and there were a lot of ninjas.

as far as American Horror Story goes
because its made by the makers of Nip/Tuck its going to get more depraved as the show goes on, and while I think its obvious their probably going to kill the whole family. I think the wife goes as least, and the father moves next door with Constance and they raise their anti-christ grandchild/not anti christ child, or some crazy ****, really unpredictable, and then a new family moves in and it gets weirder
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 11:23:07 PM by ThePerm »

Offline SixthAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #973 on: December 13, 2011, 12:00:36 AM »
It sounded like you read that in an interview with the creators or something.  No worries.

AHS
I think that either the Dad or the Mom is going to go to jail for killing Violet or stuffed back in the loony bin.  The cops aren't exactly going to believe she committed suicide when her body is stuffed under the floorboards. 

I like how jarring it is.  The first episode had so many interactions that were just purposely off and made to make you fell uncomfortable.  The intro does a great job of portraying it.  Awesome intro.

In one moment you think you understand some things and the next they pull it away or at times purposely lie to you. The burned guy originally said he killed his family.

Tate I don't know what to think of him.  In one episode he seems innocent like he doesn't know anything and in the next he is raping somebody or killing them.  We now know that he always knew he was dead and I get the feeling that he is pretending not to remember blowing away kids at school.  We still don't even know why he did that.  He really is crazy in the sense that you have no idea what he going to do at any given time.

And of course Constance is a glorious bitch.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: December 13, 2011, 12:47:08 AM »
unless Tate has split personality and that carries over into the afterlife