Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1204789 times)

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #775 on: June 05, 2011, 10:17:36 PM »
CG is basically modern stop motion.

Except CG always looks fake. At least your stop-motion armatures actually exist in some capacity. They reflect and absorb light properly, are limited to a certain ranges of motions, and generally obey the laws of physics. CG on the other never looks quite right, whether it's because it's shiny and plastic looking or is moving in an unnatural manner. No one does CG because it's better, they do it because it's cheaper and easier. If you applied today's techniques to traditional effects, you'd be amazed at just what I movie could be. CG should only be used to touch up and improve upon existing effects, not supplant them entirely.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: June 05, 2011, 10:42:23 PM »
I agree with this to a point. As I mentioned elsewhere, The Thing SFX were awesome still to this day. I can't say that for many movies (LOTR is the only one I can think of at the moment).

That said, because it is cheaper and easier we have seen way more action-adventure, fantasy and sci-fi movies; genres that I like. So it's a give and take. Most new movies simply couldn't be done without CG. Inception is a perfect example (though I didn't like that movie).
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: June 05, 2011, 11:02:48 PM »
The CG effects on Battlestar Galactica look 1,000 times better than any physical model I've ever seen. I may not be a reliable source for this, having never seen a spaceship in real life, but they look damned realistic to me.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #778 on: June 05, 2011, 11:12:57 PM »
Well that's the thing. You've never seen a spaceship. So how can you know it's realistic?

300 was basically all CG. I love that movie. I also love Fantastic Mr. Fox.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #779 on: June 05, 2011, 11:13:10 PM »
Sometimes it's accurate.

How 'bout that Terra Nova show? Also could be called "Avatar 66MYA" because it's the same guy playing the general. I've only seen two dinosaurs in the trailers: Brachiosaurus and Carnotaurus. Now, the latter is my FAVORITE dinosaur of all time. However, I'm disappointed that they're just pulling dinosaurs from every continent and era. If you're going to land in a specific time, you're going to deal with a very specific faunal makeup, sorry.

The Late Jurassic Morrison formation (where Brachiosaurus lives) would've been great. Where Carnotaurus is from? Not so much. There aren't as many dinosaurs there.

And as my friend Matt Wedel said on his blog, he bets money that there will be "others" encroching on the human settlement, some unknown dino-like humanoid creature, or maybe Sleestacks. The thing that REALLY makes me cringe is that they're actually going to make some of their dinosaurs up: some kind of super-raptor called an "Acceleraptor." God, just use Deinonychus!

Why is making up new species that bad? Aren't there almost certainly tons of species from back then that we don't know about because we haven't found their remains?

Sure, but there are plenty of VALID species that are known to science already. It would be like making up a new eight-horned ceratopsian when you could use the fifteen-horned ceratopsian they found last year (Kosmoceratops).
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: June 17, 2011, 01:48:04 PM »
Boondocks Season 4 is coming soon
I still haven't watched s3 (It's on my watch list), but this is good news.
http://s2smagazine.com/stories/2011/06/boondocks-returning-season-4
Despite what you may have heard, John Witherspoon said "The Boondocks" will be returning for a fourth season!

Before season 3 of "The Boondocks" aired on Adult Swim, there were notices that it would be the cartoon's swan song. And with over-the-top episodes like "The Booty Warrior" and "Pause", which lampooned Tyler Perry, it seemed that show creator, Aaron McGruder, was taking no prisoners since he presumably wasn't coming back.

John Witherspoon, who voices Granddad, was under the same impression.

"They was telling me all the time, for the last six months, that it's not coming back," the comedian said in a recent interview with Huntsville's Hot 103.5. "I talked to Aaron McGruder the other day; it's coming back."

And, according to John, the new season will be bigger and better than ever before. "They're going to do 20 shows this time instead of 15," he revealed.

John's excited to get back in the booth to bring Granddad back to life because of the awesome compensation he got in comparison to the amount of work he actually did.

"I wanted to come back," John admitted. "I was missing that money. That money is good. Easy money!"

and in related news, There might be a Friday 4...
John could also be earning a few stacks from a possible fourth installment in the Friday franchise. How likely is it to happen? Find out below! [video at link above]

They better bring back Smokey or just don't bother.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #781 on: June 17, 2011, 05:02:48 PM »
That's great news. The boondocks...not friday.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: June 19, 2011, 10:37:57 AM »
Sometimes it's accurate.

How 'bout that Terra Nova show? Also could be called "Avatar 66MYA" because it's the same guy playing the general. I've only seen two dinosaurs in the trailers: Brachiosaurus and Carnotaurus. Now, the latter is my FAVORITE dinosaur of all time. However, I'm disappointed that they're just pulling dinosaurs from every continent and era. If you're going to land in a specific time, you're going to deal with a very specific faunal makeup, sorry.

The Late Jurassic Morrison formation (where Brachiosaurus lives) would've been great. Where Carnotaurus is from? Not so much. There aren't as many dinosaurs there.

And as my friend Matt Wedel said on his blog, he bets money that there will be "others" encroching on the human settlement, some unknown dino-like humanoid creature, or maybe Sleestacks. The thing that REALLY makes me cringe is that they're actually going to make some of their dinosaurs up: some kind of super-raptor called an "Acceleraptor." God, just use Deinonychus!

It's going to be either a massive flop or a huge hit: Stargate Universe was one of the most expensive TV shows on-air at the time at $2 million per episode. To see why see the CGI effects, the primary cast of 10 and the gorgeous set.

Terra Nova is TWICE that in the budget, so Fox will be asking for some stupidly high ratings to justify that spend. Anything less and its a massive flop.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: June 23, 2011, 11:32:09 PM »
The more I see about Horrible Bosses, the more interested I am. The trailers look good and make it seem really funny (though I know that doesn't really mean anything) and it has an amazing cast: Jason Bateman, Charlie Day, Jason Sudeikis (he's been in some real shitty stuff, but I've seen enough of him on SNL to know he's got talent), Kevin Spacey, Colin Farrell, and Jennifer Aniston. I don't see many movies in theaters, but I'm definitely going to get some friends together to go see this.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #784 on: June 24, 2011, 09:56:32 PM »
Jason Bateman seems to be all over the place lately.
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: June 25, 2011, 02:13:51 AM »
Jason Bateman seems to be all over the place lately.

Is he related to Patrick Bateman?
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline gbuell

• View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #786 on: June 25, 2011, 12:37:18 PM »
I hope not.

Offline jamesfriedman

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: June 25, 2011, 09:59:38 PM »
Cars is more merchandise friendly, there are so many cars 2 toys. which is probably why we'll see a third iteration sooner or later.  My son loves it.
Pixar seems to be on a cycle of staggering their original releases with sequels.  After Brave, I believe that thI think a sequel to Monsters Inc is in the works as well...it's going to be called Monsters University.  Their other announced original project, Newt, was shelved because of similarities to Rio.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I hope they make a new Lego movie with the Lego toys. I would love to see the LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon or the lego harry potter hogwarts castle the big screen
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 10:09:09 PM by jamesfriedman »

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: June 29, 2011, 07:51:25 PM »
Pixar's next feature has been officially teased.

Brave

Offline gbuell

• View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #789 on: June 29, 2011, 08:07:34 PM »
Looks interesting, character design is definitely unique.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: June 29, 2011, 09:06:03 PM »
It already looks better than Cars 2.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: June 30, 2011, 12:38:21 AM »
I heard that WiiU Xbox720 PlayStation4 will be able to render hair like that in real time.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 30, 2011, 11:26:14 AM »
The Main character reminds me of Jane from Jane and the Dragon Only found full episodes and this music video.  Since it was shorter I'll link it but, you can see how she looks and moves fairly fast from it.[/url]
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline SixthAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 30, 2011, 09:02:27 PM »
It already looks better than Cars 2.

It doesn't take much for that especially when the awesome Kung Fu Panda 2 came out around the same time.

Pixar seems to have lost something recently.  I think it's a comibination of Dreamworks picking up their game with Panda and How to Train your Dragon and Pixar's sudden decision to make a bunch of sequels.  They apparently already have a prequel/sequel in the works for Monsters Inc. which I just think is a bad idea and Monsters is my favorite Pixar movie.

Brave looks great though.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 30, 2011, 09:12:57 PM »
If there's going to be sequel of any Pixar movie, it has to be Incredibles.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #795 on: June 30, 2011, 11:16:17 PM »
Frankly none of the Pixar Movies were really made Sequel friendly.  Their formula just isn't really their.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 09:09:21 AM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: July 01, 2011, 12:15:27 AM »
Cars is more merchandise friendly, which is probably why we'll see a third iteration sooner or later.  My son loves it.

Pixar seems to be on a cycle of staggering their original releases with sequels.  After Brave, I believe that thI think a sequel to Monsters Inc is in the works as well...it's going to be called Monsters University.  Their other announced original project, Newt, was shelved because of similarities to Rio.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #797 on: July 01, 2011, 09:11:27 AM »
My son to and my youngest brother who has a lot if the cars.  Though I think they ultimately be better off doing a CGI cartoon series.

Offline SixthAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #798 on: July 01, 2011, 10:40:48 AM »
I read that Cars made the most money for Pixar thanks to merchandise.  I don't really see why since Cars toys technically should have tons of competition because they're just, well.. cars.  There should be tons of other car toys out there unless Hot Wheels went bankrupt. There should also be Transformer toys out the ass since there was even a cartoon before the admittedly not as kid friendly movies.  When I was kid if you gave me a car with eyes instead of a car that transformed into a robot I would have been very disappointed.

Dreamworks is making a new movie called Me and My Shadow that combines 2d animation and 3d animation.  In the movie someone's shadow breaks the rules to always follow and takes control.  Apparently the real world is all 3d animation while the shadows and the shadow world is all 2d.  It sounds like a great idea.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #799 on: July 01, 2011, 10:53:49 AM »
I read that Cars made the most money for Pixar thanks to merchandise.  I don't really see why since Cars toys technically should have tons of competition because they're just, well.. cars.  There should be tons of other car toys out there unless Hot Wheels went bankrupt. There should also be Transformer toys out the ass since there was even a cartoon before the admittedly not as kid friendly movies.  When I was kid if you gave me a car with eyes instead of a car that transformed into a robot I would have been very disappointed.

Dreamworks is making a new movie called Me and My Shadow that combines 2d animation and 3d animation.  In the movie someone's shadow breaks the rules to always follow and takes control.  Apparently the real world is all 3d animation while the shadows and the shadow world is all 2d.  It sounds like a great idea.
Toy car collectors are a different beast.  I didn't know how different till I tried my hand at it.  In Hot Wheel alone you have 2 types of cards, Cars could have 3 variety of tires, 2 different paint jobs, Treasure cards, etc...  All of these just sort of randomly alotted so you have to hunt them down.  Their are events for collectors where it is literally winning the rights to root through an unopenned box of Hot Wheels first.  It must be a sealed box to or their will be problems. 

The Cars toys have a distinct style etc. that allows them to command a higher price why still being made the same way cars have been forever.  Its very easy to see how.  My Step-Mother-In-Law got some for my Youngest Brother and she liked them enough that she went on to start collecting them... They have to have over 100 Car Cars now.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 10:55:29 AM by Ceric »