Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1204898 times)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #600 on: March 16, 2011, 01:11:25 PM »
I know.... and I'm not looking forward to it.

even though I have no idea how much bandwidth I actually use on a monthly basis.

My cable provider threaten to cut me off cuz I used a TB last month. I'm using torrents though, to download blu-ray movies, games, entire series and lossless audio. Still, pretty crazy.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 01:13:32 PM by The Unagi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 16, 2011, 01:25:15 PM »
the advertise high speeds...but when you use them what do they do?

if your getting 3 megabits a second how long would it take you to get a terabyte? If you get 3 megabits a second then how much would that be total in a month?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 16, 2011, 01:33:01 PM »
I don't know what the hell your talking about but my max download speed tops 1.7 megabytes/second

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 16, 2011, 01:43:12 PM »
They'd rather charge everyone even more (and profit even more when you pay the overage fees) than upgrade their networks. It's the same reason why rural areas don't have any access at all, or cities don't have competing providers. It's all about giving you the least they can, while charging whatever they want. Today's "bandwidth hogs" are tomorrow's typical users.

I used to have two-way satellite internet (the only option for a very long time). It was always capped, so I've grown accustomed to watching my usage. It's not hard to download 20GB a day. When you have several computers in the house and you're all streaming Netflix, watching HD YouTube and Hulu, playing online video games through your consoles, etc.

The only hope we have here is that the country's new money will oppose the old money. You'll see companies like Google and NetFlix (who depend upon fast, available broadband) stepping up their political games against the entrenched telecom dinosaurs.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 16, 2011, 01:57:19 PM »
I don't know what the hell your talking about but my max download speed tops 1.7 megabytes/second

haha well good, most high speed internet providers use dodgy tactics like using Mbps, rather than MBps to confuse consumers. I would have done the math, but i just didnt feel like it. Doing the math now that i dont have to convert bytes to bits and that bullshit. Only 6 days of continual use would get you a terabyte when your paying for the month. When I hear that im getting 1.7 megabytes a second I expect to get 4,112,640 megabytes a month..a little over 4 terabytes a month

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #605 on: March 16, 2011, 01:58:04 PM »
I know.... and I'm not looking forward to it.

even though I have no idea how much bandwidth I actually use on a monthly basis.

My cable provider threaten to cut me off cuz I used a TB last month. I'm using torrents though, to download blu-ray movies, games, entire series and lossless audio. Still, pretty crazy.

Yeah, I feel no sympathy for you when you admit that you reached 1 TB by doing illegal activities. It's hard to see anybody getting that high only through legal means (it's possible, but you would have to be doing stuff like streaming 12 hours a day, downloading tons of stuff, etc.). The Obama administration is trying to get Internet providers to expand broadband to more areas. I can't imagine using satellite Internet because it's so slow and expensive. Even though I don't do stuff like Unagi, I do oppose caps or throttling of the Internet in any form. I don't want to have some sites load slower, or worry about how much Netflix streaming I can watch.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 16, 2011, 02:03:47 PM »
idk if your watching an hd streaming service then youd get about the same bandwidth use if you were downloading movies. Say I pay for Hulu HD and I want to watch all of Lost in HD, and maybe a couple of other shows. In 12 days assuming i slept I would use a terabyte of bandwidth that month. If I repeated I would be able to use 2.33 terabytes in a 28 day month.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 16, 2011, 02:09:08 PM »
The only hope we have here is that the country's new money will oppose the old money. You'll see companies like Google and NetFlix & Facebook(who depend upon fast, available broadband) stepping up their political games against the entrenched telecom dinosaurs.

Facebook & Google especially need to step up their political influences.
Those are 2 relatively new companies that rake in money by the boatload and should definitely start throwing it around to gain influence and favors. Of course that when they start to become exactly what they never wanted to be but at the moment we need them to be.

Google does already have Gov. contracts for Locational data stuff, not to mention all the "anonymous" search data & archived internet and then Facebook has personal information on the entire countries voting constituents and government officials.

But anyway, we are getting way off topic now.

Word has it that Fox is rebooting Daredevil with a story that continues after the last one (yes I know how that sounds)in an attempt to keep the franchise from reverting back to Marvel.

Disney must have enough money to block this from happening in some way. If the next Xmen movie fails, then there should be a "do no harm" clause in the contracts where you can't continually ruin a franchise just to maintain control over it. Same goes fro Spiderman. Either do it right with respect for the original property or give it back.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 16, 2011, 02:10:01 PM »
I don't really care if it's illegal or not. As an artist myself, I feel people create entertainment to entertain and to share a creative part of themselves, not to make money. As soon as you make something for the sole purpose of making money, it ceases to become art. That is why I have no qualms with downloading music, movies, or games, because I know the artists, directors, and programmers wanted to share their creative spirit with the world; their ideas with whomever cares to appreciate them. If I can't afford it, I download it. If I can afford, I still download it, but regardless, I sing it's praises (hence, the "Rate the last ___" threads) and I feel that is a payment in and of itself.

That's just me though.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 16, 2011, 02:18:03 PM »
for all we know he could have been downloading an enormous archive of the worlds knowledge to preserve for humanity due to the looming apocalpyse. it doesnt matter what he downloads..he pays for 4TB a month.

IDK im back to being interested in Spider-man. Marc Web is too good of a director, and Andrew Garfield is too good of an actor for this to not turn out decent. I heard rumors months back of them taking liberties and moving Daredevil to the UK and having Jason Statham play him, which sounds awesome to me, though I think they're just rumors.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 16, 2011, 02:29:08 PM »
fIDK im back to being interested in Spider-man. Marc Web is too good of a director, and Andrew Garfield is too good of an actor for this to not turn out decent. I heard rumors months back of them taking liberties and moving Daredevil to the UK and having Jason Statham play him, which sounds awesome to me, though I think they're just rumors.

Now that would definitely be.... interesting. I would probably go see it. Not in the theater, but I would look forward to watching it when it was released on DVD.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #611 on: March 16, 2011, 02:40:31 PM »
I feel people create entertainment to entertain and to share a creative part of themselves, not to make money.

If that was true, the damn SAG and WGA wouldn't be striking or threatening to strike every time their deals expire and they demand more and more money. With the big studios, it's about making money. While I am sure many want the works to be good, they create them with the intention of making money. They don't want people stealing their work since it is a business. Would you still be willing to go to your job if your boss decided to stop paying you for it? They create art, consumers pay for it. That is capitalism, and none of the people who create the art would agree with you at all and they would probably hate you for it because you are stealing from them.

I find it funny that Universal Pictures is claiming they are rebooting the Doom franchise too. How can you reboot a film "franchise" when it only has 1 movie?
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 16, 2011, 02:50:44 PM »
Daredevil.....

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 16, 2011, 02:53:02 PM »
Lulz

Here's a perfect example that you have no idea what you're talking about. A few years back, Radiohead released an album called "In Rainbows". They "...like the people at our record company, but the time is at hand when you have to ask why anyone needs one. And, yes, it probably would give us some perverse pleasure to say '**** you' to this decaying business model."

So what did they do? They released the album online and asked people to name their own price. And it "... worked on many levels, including financially."

So yeah...This

That is capitalism, and none of the people who create the art would agree with you at all and they would probably hate you for it because you are stealing from them.

..is a crock of ****.

And "Would you still be willing to go to your job if your boss decided to stop paying you for it?" Depends on what my job is. If I'm picking up horse **** twice a day then I'd be pissed. If I'm testing roller coasters, then I would wonder why I had been paid at all.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #614 on: March 16, 2011, 03:02:33 PM »
Radiohead was an exception, not the rule.

As for your second one, your argument is full of it. It doesn't matter how much fun your job is, fun doesn't pay the bills. What happens when you need to buy food, or gas, or rent, or any other expense? Justify it however you want, but your actions are what is wrong with so many people now. I can't condone you stealing from people who actually put in the effort to create the art.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #615 on: March 16, 2011, 03:12:20 PM »
No, Radiohead was the exception that proves the rule.

I'm not going argue with you that money is in fact needed to do most anything and enjoy a lot, but the fact you are forgetting is that people who make art, make it to be enjoyed first -- making money is always second.

When people start playing music and recruit a band together, what's there number 1 objective? To have fun.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 16, 2011, 03:15:34 PM »
When people start playing music and recruit a band together, what's there number 1 objective? To have fun.

Speaking of that, I'm still waiting on that beat you were making for
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=33423.0

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 16, 2011, 03:25:28 PM »
haha my bad. I'll get at you with something soon.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #618 on: March 16, 2011, 03:32:42 PM »

Please don't tell me you are naive enough to think that most artists would be willing to give away their work for free? Radiohead hadn't been relevent for years, that was a successful publicity stunt.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 16, 2011, 03:35:07 PM »
Radiohead was an exception, not the rule.

It's been working just great for Nine Inch Nails' last three albums as well. The difference is that NIN didn't let customers name their own price. Trent Reznor gave everything away for free to download, with the option to purchase a physical copy. Not only was it given away for free, but NIN has made their music open. They've licensed it under the Creative Commons and actually encourage fans to create remixes with the provided multitracks.

Real artists create because they have to, not because they want to. They don't do it to get rich. Anyone that says otherwise is selling something.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 16, 2011, 03:48:12 PM »
I guess...just because someone is relevant doesn't make them a good artist...

look at Ke$ha..somehow she's relevant, but she has no talent..her music sucks and she's unattractive.

also, Radiohead are definitely relevant....I always listen to them when I'm in a spot.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 16, 2011, 04:12:39 PM »

Please don't tell me you are naive enough to think that most artists would be willing to give away their work for free? Radiohead hadn't been relevent for years, that was a successful publicity stunt.

Your syntax is wrong. Giving it away for free and letting people enjoy it for free, are completely different things.

I don't know of any painter, who truly loves their craft, who would just give their paintings away for free or for any amount of money for that matter. But I'm sure they'd love for you to appreciate its subtleties up close.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 04:15:42 PM by The Unagi »

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #622 on: March 16, 2011, 04:18:18 PM »
I don't know of any painter, who truly loves their craft, who would just give their paintings away for free or for any amount of money for that matter. But I'm sure they'd love for you to appreciate its subtleties up close.

You don't know of any painter who truly loves their craft who would sell their work? Really?
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 16, 2011, 04:25:52 PM »
"You'll never possess anything of greater value than the art of you sold."
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 04:31:35 PM by The Unagi »

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #624 on: March 16, 2011, 04:38:35 PM »
I'm glad I don't live in your world, in which producing things of artistic and cultural value and earning a living are two things that can never happen at the same time.
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?