Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1204932 times)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: New Movies we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #525 on: January 24, 2011, 12:46:46 PM »
The movie is better and different than the commercials made it seem. Yeah, both Bateman and Theron are good in the movie (for different reasons like you said).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 24, 2011, 02:42:50 PM »
I'm probably alone on this one, but I liked Wild Wild West as well. Sure it was corny and historically inaccurate, but it was funny, and since it was a comedy that's all it had to be.

I loved I Am Legend. The ending was great, and I'm also looking forward to the prequel. It's also rumored that there's going to be a sequel to Independece Day, and a MiB 3, two more that I'm looking forward to if made.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 24, 2011, 02:50:33 PM »
I've yet to see Will Smith in anything that wasn't terrible.

I really disagree with your taste in movies. Off the top of my head, I love these Will Smith movies: Men in Black, Men in Black II, Hancock, Ali, Hitch.

That's fine if you disagree. I find him to be quite annoying as an actor, personally. Men in Black was entertaining, but not because of Will Smith.

If nothing else, I can be sore that he was involved in ruining such great stories as I, Robot and I Am Legend. :P
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 24, 2011, 05:43:16 PM »
I'd like to join in this discussion only guessing at what it's about from the last three post (and only post on this page) and say that after watching Hancock for the first time yesterday..  I don't think I like Will Smith. He makes decent movies, but his persona in most of them just got old I guess. After awhile it seems like he's just playing the same guy over and over again and I can't help but get sick of it.

With that said, I've yet to see Pursuit of Happiness, so maybe that'll turn it around..? I dunno, it might still annoy me that he's so rich he can just buy movies for him and his family to be in.. just sayin'.

Also, the original reason I'm in this thread:

Just read Matrix 4 & 5 are probably going to happen.. and maybe Bill & Ted 3!? :/
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 05:46:32 PM by EasyCure »
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 24, 2011, 05:58:47 PM »
Um, all action heroes have pretty much the same persona. I don't think someone timid is capable of saving the world from aliens, disease generated zombies, or evil masterminds. And you should check out his dramas; Pursuit of Happyness(sic), Legend of Bagger Vance, Seven Pounds, and an older movie I'm drawing a blank on where he tricks rich families into letting them into their homes. That movie was brilliant, and I don't know how he didn't win an Oscar for it. He's one of the greatest actors of our time, right up there with Johnny Depp imo, but as you mentioned, a lot of people are just jealous of him because he's black and successful (not calling you a racist in anyway).

Just a side note, I hate the unwilling hero in movies and anime, it really pisses me off when people don't take up the responsibilities their given.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 06:01:01 PM by MaryJane »
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #530 on: January 24, 2011, 06:13:39 PM »
and an older movie I'm drawing a blank on where he tricks rich families into letting them into their homes.

That sounds like Six Degrees of Separation, where he tricks a wealthy couple into letting him stay at their house by pretending to be a friend of their son who is at Harvard.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 24, 2011, 08:15:45 PM »
Will Smith's best action movie was either I. Robot, MIB or Bad Boys. He's still a good actor. His yell when he's getting tossed around cracks me up everytime for some reason and I sincerely believe the emotions he displays are real (or realistic). But I can understand how people can get burned out with his action roles.

That said, I'm always excited to see him doin movies. Though Seven Pounds was bullshit.

And new Matrix movies? Why? The ****'s the point?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 24, 2011, 08:41:08 PM »
I always considred Arnorld to be the king of action movies.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #533 on: January 24, 2011, 10:20:45 PM »
I liked Will in Independence Day. He is playing the up and coming guy who has to prove himself, but at least it wasn't a tentpole character for him at that point. I Am Legend throws that character off, which is good. Really, the bad part of that movie was the creatures. Though watching the original Omega Man, I think I prefer the CG ones. And if you haven't, go see Made In America with Whoopi Goldberg and Ted Danson. Its Will's second film and you get to see a glimer of the movie star he is today.

Someone fucked up with the Matrix. The original was great because of the social commentary and skewed way of looking at the world. Some original camera work is icing on the cake. Then someone decided it was all about action, not subtle jabs at the status quo, and the next two movies were shat out with a thuderous thud. I can only hope that the next movies have a bit more bite to them.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #534 on: January 24, 2011, 10:50:01 PM »
Rave in Zion, that is enough about what was wrong in the movie. The third one was better, but still far worse than the first.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 24, 2011, 11:22:12 PM »
I can't lie. I've always enjoyed the second Matrix. Not because of it's greatness -- it is pretty damn stupid with a nonsensical plot. (That guy at the end, for real?)

But that movie is the best of the three in terms of action. I love the hallway scene in the first movie, but nothing compares to the hour long action scene that takes place first in a foyer, then a parking lot, then a highway. I was on the edge of my seat yellin "Dammmmmmmmmn!" the first time I saw that, and it doesn't get any worse with multiple viewings.

The third film is terrible though. The only part I like was when they flew out of the sky and saw the "real sun". That was mesmerizing, but it only lasted maybe 5 seconds.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 11:23:53 PM by The Unagi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 25, 2011, 12:00:03 AM »
I liked Will in Independence Day. He is playing the up and coming guy who has to prove himself, but at least it wasn't a tentpole character for him at that point. I Am Legend throws that character off, which is good. Really, the bad part of that movie was the creatures. Though watching the original Omega Man, I think I prefer the CG ones. And if you haven't, go see Made In America with Whoopi Goldberg and Ted Danson. Its Will's second film and you get to see a glimer of the movie star he is today.

*shutters* ugh.. don't remind me about that one. Those freaky albino's were.. well, freaky. I'm still curious as to the real original (with Vincent Price) but The Omega Man really put me off.. At least the Police song written about it still rocks.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 25, 2011, 05:53:06 AM »
I really disliked how the 3rd Matrix movie ended. And I hate how people try to explain it away as 'some sort of eastern thought/philosophy' thing. Really they sucked at writing properly. I think they just didn't outline the plot and so when they started to arrive at the end of their story they went "Oh, crap, we don't know how to end this mess!" and left a ton of plot holes and viewers scratching heads. It's either that or they really did steal the script from that lady and that is why the later films were terrible.

Matrix 2 & 3 were also the films that started that nasty film fad of filming sequel 2 and 3 of a hit new movie back to back with conjoined stories and leaving a huge nasty gap at the end of the second film. I'm more accepting of arcing story lines than most but I dislike when they do it in a way where you feel the 3rd film is rushed and incomplete. Better to take a bit of extra time and do it right instead of spitting out the film in a years time.

~

I Am Legend was enjoyable but I think I prefered the alternate ending better. Felt more complete. I started listening to the original novel on CD but never finished it so I don't know if they followed the book very well.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 25, 2011, 09:30:39 AM »
I Am Legend throws that character off, which is good. Really, the bad part of that movie was the creatures. Though watching the original Omega Man, I think I prefer the CG ones.

The Omega Man was a very loose adaptation. While I'm generally a big fan of Heston, I would suggest watching The Last Man on Earth instead. It stars the ever-so brilliant Vincent Price in a screenplay that was actually written by Richard Matheson. ;)

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 25, 2011, 11:09:58 AM »
It's rather daunting task, but if you watch all 3 Matrix movies back to back they seem a whole lot better.

I loved the first movie so much that it was painful when I originally watched the 2nd and 3rd, but one day I was home with a big bag of goodies, and one of the movie channels was showing them in a row. So I plopped in front of the tube and with the aide of DVR (pausing for bathroom breaks) I watched all 3 and was blown away, and I actually thought the 3rd was the best in terms of being a complete movie because it wraps up some holes from the first that I had forgotten about in the space between the movies, while providing good action and drama.

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #540 on: January 25, 2011, 11:57:08 AM »
I disliked The Matrix Reloaded and absolutely hated Revolutions. Both films had a lot of filler, but Revolutions was by far the worst offender.

The end of Reloaded left the door open for a really intriguing conclusion to the trilogy. Instead we got a boring mech battle and some cop-out peace treaty. The entire speech with the Architect should have been used as a springboard to reveal that the "real world" was in fact just a secondary Matrix. The machines have to keep humans happy, right? What else would keep the revolutionaries happy than to give them a dismal "reality" to flee to and fight for? That would have also helped to explain how Neo could magically see and destroy machines outside of the Matrix.

There are some pretty good fan edits out there that combine the two films into one entirely watchable sequel. Trim the fat, restructure the story a bit, and suddenly the sequel looks a lot more viable.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 25, 2011, 08:34:34 PM »
Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions were pure horse ****. It was never supposed to be a trilogy, and should have ended with the first film.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 25, 2011, 10:28:55 PM »
as much as painful was the experience of watching reloaded and revolutions was at the theatre..their not so bad on dvd....you can get up, fast forward through the lame ****..The whole movies aren't good, but parts of them are.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 28, 2011, 10:09:03 PM »
Apparently that Matrix 4 & 5 business is not true. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 28, 2011, 10:13:26 PM »
Keanu lied!? Woah!!

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 28, 2011, 10:32:14 PM »
Awwwwwwwwwww.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 30, 2011, 11:19:56 AM »
Apparently that Matrix 4 & 5 business is not true. 

woo. do you have a source? cuz after I read it on-line I even heard my LOCAL news channel report it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 30, 2011, 02:44:16 PM »
Meet our New Superman!

http://www.deadline.com/2011/01/breaking-henry-cavill-lands-superman/
EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures have found their new Man of Steel. Henry Cavill has been set to play Clark Kent/Superman in the film that Zack Snyder will direct. Warner Bros is targeting the film for December, 2012 release. Cavill recently wrapped production on The Cold Light of Day and the upcoming Immortals. He has a past with Superman. Before Bryan Singer came on to direct Superman Returns and cast Brandon Routh, Cavill had been one of the frontrunner choices for Brett Ratner and McG before they left the picture. That Superman was younger, and this time, the intention was to cast an actor near 30. Cavill is 27, so things worked out just right for him.

The picture is produced by Charles Roven, Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Deborah Snyder, with a script by David S. Goyer, based on story by Goyer and Nolan. Thomas Tull and Lloyd Phillips are exec producers. Cavill's repped by CAA.

I think he could pull off both looks if they switched between both pics. One being Clark and the other being Superman.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 02:46:11 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 30, 2011, 07:09:26 PM »
He's going to have to shave every time he runs into those telephone booths now!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 30, 2011, 07:15:28 PM »
I was hoping for Joe Manganiello, but Cavill looks pretty much the same...and also...

yeah Clark Kent should have a beard....i mean that would make the glasses/no glasses thing even more believable.

bout time they announced who'd be superman...the speculation stops!

« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 07:24:02 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post