Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1211929 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #375 on: September 26, 2010, 06:18:35 AM »
I found SotD to be a huge let down. The trailers made it look hilarious. Several other popular comedy movies failed to interest me as well though so I have a theory. Watching comedies like that alone lower the entertainment value. You need to be in a group--and the right kind of group at that.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 26, 2010, 10:12:52 AM »
I feel the same way about Southpark.

Completely bored an unintersted in most episodes unless I'm watching it with someone that enjoys SouthPark, then it's usually very funny.

SotD may be a similar type movie where it helps to be in a good mood, ready to be entertained and it never hurts to watch the movie with someone else that is also likely to enjoy the movie. But that is why I don't usually watch comedies alone, I'll watch horror instead... & SotD is not a horror.

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #377 on: September 26, 2010, 11:59:51 AM »
I don't usually get excited for non-Pixar CGI movies but aesthetically, this is one of the best looking ones I've seen. Really nifty-looking character design and setting.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/iphone/paramount/rango/trailer/
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 26, 2010, 07:13:42 PM »
i usually enjoy southpark by itself, but most movies do get an enhancement from watching them with a crowd. For SotD, i can understand the British humor thing, iv always enjoyed British humor. Being a sarcastic dick with no hope is always funny.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 07:15:37 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 27, 2010, 05:24:28 AM »
I feel the same way about Southpark.

Completely bored an unintersted in most episodes unless I'm watching it with someone that enjoys SouthPark, then it's usually very funny.

SotD may be a similar type movie where it helps to be in a good mood, ready to be entertained and it never hurts to watch the movie with someone else that is also likely to enjoy the movie. But that is why I don't usually watch comedies alone, I'll watch horror instead... & SotD is not a horror.

Yeah, I was feeling pretty down and had hoped that the comedy would cheer me up. Alone and depressed doesn't work for SotD.
My Game Collection

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 27, 2010, 01:37:37 PM »
Shaun of the Dead the Hot Fuzz are both fantastic.  You're probably a wanker if you don't agree.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 28, 2010, 04:50:04 AM »
Hot Fuzz was hilarious. I watched it with my sister and we were laughing throughout the whole film.
My Game Collection

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 04, 2010, 04:19:40 AM »
I had no idea Sasha was doin another movie. Sweet.

Both these movies look great.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/dreamworks/megamind/

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/fox/unstoppable/
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 06, 2010, 08:12:34 PM »
apparently Zach Snyder got cast as Superman director, with Nolan Bros and Goyer as writers.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 07, 2010, 12:13:38 PM »
Faster - starring The Rock
http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/10/06/watch-badass-red-band-trailer-for-dwayne-johnsons-faster/

looks like The Rundown -The Rated R version - with guns and very graphic violence.
*the trailer shows what looks like ALOT of the movie*

The Rock is back. this ain't no kids movie.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 07, 2010, 06:06:11 PM »
yeah, he needsto never go back to the tooth fairy stuff. I remember some acting he did in his wrestling days that was academy award worthy.

and why hasn't Steve Austin been in a western?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 06:07:48 PM by ThePerm »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 07, 2010, 08:48:09 PM »
and why hasn't Steve Austin been in a western?

Too busy doing cameo's on Chuck

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 09, 2010, 10:33:44 PM »
Dannie McBride I think is hilarious

so i see this movie on IGN called Your Highness, but then I see this picture of Natalie Portman with a bow and arrow, and I get a flash back

http://cheezburger.com/thepermman/lolz/View/4049668096

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 09, 2010, 11:04:44 PM »
Faster looks awesome. The Rundown was an awesome movie too, though I liked the original name better (Helldorado).
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 28, 2010, 04:49:56 PM »
Just in case you haven't heard yet, Batman 3 will be called "The Dark Knight Rises".  Sounds a bit bland to me.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: October 29, 2010, 04:36:13 AM »
Sounds too similar to the last movie. Though how much you wanna bet it was the crazy popularity of the last one that caused them to choose such a similar name.
My Game Collection

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 29, 2010, 09:41:33 AM »
Actually, I think the new Batman title fits really well with how the last movie ended. Nearly every in Gotham hates him because of what Harvey did, and now he'll have to face that hatred while trying to protect them all. It sounds like he's going to 'rise' into being the hero again.

Avatar 2 is going into production because James Cameron isn't going to do Cleopatra with Angelina Jolie. Btw, why do thwy always pick white people to play Cleopatra? I know the ruling class in Egypt were lighter skinned, but the meant they were Middle Eastern looking as opposed to 'typical African' black, just like Jesus...

Anyway, I thought Avatar was one of the best movies I've ever seen and I didn't like Titanic, and thought the first Terminator was a very cheesy 'typical 80's' movie, though I did enjoy it, but not as much as the second.

They're saying this one might take us underwater, so expect lots of new amazing visuals, and another round of how life is connected since there will new life to connect to.

Edit: They're also going to turn Michael Jackson's Thriller into a full length movie, an idea Michael apparently had before dying, and now will be done on behalf of his estate.

Edit2: I looked back at some previous posts and I just want to say that I hope Megamind is an attempt by movie studios to show kids that there's more to life than being popular and things like intelligence, pride, and hard-work can carry you further in life, and bring greater happiness/satisfaction than passing good looks and muscles.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 09:48:45 AM by MaryJane »
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 29, 2010, 04:43:00 PM »
Deadpool!!!
http://io9.com/5662450/deadpool-script-review-says-this-could-be-ryan-reynolds-defining-role

RR better be in it and they better go with the current script.
I've read excerpts from it and it sounded hilarious and awesome.

I'm hyped for this movie. I hope it becomes a reality. and soon.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 29, 2010, 06:19:18 PM »
Btw, why do thwy always pick white people to play Cleopatra? I know the ruling class in Egypt were lighter skinned, but the meant they were Middle Eastern looking as opposed to 'typical African' black, just like Jesus...

Because it's easier for the typical, brain-dead Hollywood audience to identify with? Historically however, Cleopatra would have been very light skinned. By that time, the kingdom was little more than symbolic and a lot of Greek blood was coursing through the crown.

Deadpool!!!
http://io9.com/5662450/deadpool-script-review-says-this-could-be-ryan-reynolds-defining-role

How will this work with the butchered continuity that they create din X-Men Origins? Deadpool is a great character, but that Wolverine movie sucked so bad that just about every character involved was drug down with it.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 09:24:38 AM by Morari »
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 30, 2010, 03:32:55 AM »
Deadpool!!!

How will this work with the butchered continuity that they create din X-Men Origins? Deadpool is a great character, but that Wolverine movie sucked so bad that just about every character involved was drug down with it.

It was in the article I linked to
But what about Wolverine, and the mess that film made of Wade's origin? While they don't say exactly what happens, it sounds as though Deadpool breaks the fourth wall to let the audience know that he thinks it sucked too. So let's all pretend it never happened.

but I can also give you a little snippet from the script too.
**POSSIBLE SPOILER**
Quote from: script
NT. APARTMENT - DAY - PAST
MATCH CUT TO:

a CLOSE-UP of a Deadpool ACTION FIGURE from 'Wolverine Origins.' Mouth sewn shut. Blades implanted into the wrists. In the exact same POSE we just saw the real Deadpool.

WADE (0.S.) A little piece of me curled up and
died the day this came out.

We PULL OUT to reveal that Wade is referring NOT to the action figure, but to WHAMl'S 'Music From the Edge of Heaven' LP, which he is now holding.
He tosses the LP into a near-full TRASH CAN, right on TOP of the Deadpool action figure.

***ANOTHER POSSIBLE SPOILER*** I LOL'd
DEADPOOL BUM-RUSHES Colossus and POUNDS him across the face with a brutal fist ••• CLANG •••

•••instantly BREAKING his own WRIST.

DEADPOOL: Ooooo-rlando Jones.

Deadpool fires an UPPERCUT with his OTHER FIST ••• BANG ••• •••BREAKING that wrist, too.

DEADPOOL: Gah.

Deadpool backs off Colossus and holds up two little limp wrists like an effeminate boxer.

DEADPOOL I promise. This gets worse for you.

Colossus SIGHS. Deadpool CIRCLES him.

DEADPOOL (re: useless wrists)
All the dinosaurs feared the T-Rex.

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 30, 2010, 06:14:58 AM »
I liked Wolverine Origins. It may not fit perfect into what people imagine is the 'perfect' timeline (seriously, why are the comic books allowed to have multiple variations but the movies aren't?) but it was good for what is was.

Maybe Deadpool kind of sucked, but it wasn't his movie, it was Wolverine's and he ripped **** in that movie, just like he was supposed to. I don't like the bashing of the Origins movie without which this movie probably wouldn't even exist.

It's kind like how Eminem talks **** about his last two albums on his newest one (on Recovery he disses both Encore, and Relapse) and I thought they were both good as well, not his greatest, but had a few good songs on each, and one particularly good, very nearly great, song on each as well.

Art is for interpretation, let sleeping dogs lie.

The first Punisher movie was decent, though he should've been a little darker, and the re-launch wasn't terrible either but the 'fans' hated on both.

Edward Norton's (I forget the director) Hulk was also good but that also got rejected by the 'fans' and now we're going to get a (likely) half-assed T.V show. I say people stop complaining and learn to take things as is.

If you remove prejudices and expectations before seeing a movie, they become much more enjoyable for what they are; simple and (I can't stress this word enough) SINGLE, forms of entertainment.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 30, 2010, 09:25:27 AM »
Heh... You liked X-Men Origins and Eminem's albums.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 30, 2010, 12:59:55 PM »
No. They fucked Wolverine up because they already knew they planned on doing a Deadpool movie afterwards. FOX execs stepped in and did that to Deadpool for who knows what reasons

(Fox Exec says: We want Deadpool to be a crazy mutated mutant... instead of using his 2 swords like normal, make them into retractable blades like Wolverine...
Director/Scriptwriter/Actors say: WTF!? that would be retarded, what about the follow up movie starring Deadpool like we discussed!
Fox Exec: Huh!? uhh... c'mon guys, we're living in the NOW and this is gonna be EPIC.... also make lasers come out of his eyes like Cyclops
Director/Scriptwriter/Actors: But Deadpool can't do that, that would sorta ruin the character and make doing a Deadpool movie a lot harder
Fox Exec: ....Damn you guys whine like bitches, so make sure you sew his mouth shut... maybe next time you won't complain so much
Director/Scriptwriter/Actors: FACEPALM!!!)

Ryan Reynolds has said he was interested in playing Deadpool since years ago and Wolverine was supposed to be a launching pad for that movie to happen. They fucked up the character and everyone that knows the characters including Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman were both very unpleasant about how the Fox money suits could just step in at anytime and ruin alter the movie. I believe both of them(RR & HJ) have both negotiated deals with Fox now to have a more creative role in regards to their own movies to prevent this from happening to any sequels.

Ryan Reynolds has even talked about how good the current script is that was floating around out there, so there is hope that we will get the movie that we want.

Also, Eminems last 2 albums sucked, so I'm glad he was willing to admit that. But that is coming from someone that is not really an Eminim fan outside of his first few albums (before D12 turned his gold finger in one of lead)

I liked the first Punisher and haven't seen the 2nd one yet. So I can't comment on them other than they should have just made a sequel, not a reboot.

The second Hulk was good, but Edward Norton is probably the biggest reason there wasn't a sequel. Marvel supposedly didn't like him after working with him, and thats why he's been replaced in the Avengers movie. I don't know anything about a TV show.

And the problem with a lot of these movies is that ALL of the major comic book movies have decades of source material and millions of fans that grew up knowing the characters and their stories. So we have certain expectations when those characters are brought to life and some suit, who likely hasn't read a single bit of the source material, starts making changes without thinking about how that affect the not only the current movie, but any future sequels and overall fan reaction. It's not like these characters were made up for the movies afterall, so it would be perfectly reasonable to have expectations and prejudices going into these types of movies. If the studios can't deliver a faithful recreation of the IP they licensed, then don't bother.
Next someone is gonna say that the CDi games were good for what they were and we should appreciate it as art and entertainment. Bullshit by any other name still stinks so let's not purposely try to step in it.

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 31, 2010, 07:45:00 AM »
Ahhh... to have a point missed so badly.

Art is for interpretation: just because YOU think a movie or album sucked doesn't mean it did, it means YOU didn't like it. Movies, music, painting, books, and self-expression; all forms of art, all open to be INDIVIDUALLY judged by INDIVIDUALS.

It's one thing when someone releases a half-assed effort, but in Wolverine Origins, despite the changes to Deadpool (again it wasn't even his movie, and WO was supposed to launch lots of other individual movies) the actors, directors, editors, sound crew, etc. all put their best efforts forward.

Also, 'decades of source material'. I ask again, why are those decades of source materials allowed to have incongruent side stories and even originating stories as they switch from writer to writer and illustrator to illustrator but the movies aren't? There are like 3 or so different origin stories for Wolverine, and I think just as many for Spiderman. There really isn't a 'perfect' timeline or even character model, only what people incorrectly imagine there is, and I find that to be based mostly in the old cartoons and T.V shows, not even the comic books.
Not saying that's you personally.

And I say again, people who read the comic books should be used to differing story arcs and changes to a character powers and attitude, they did it all the time.

You're free to your opinions, but you're not free to purport your opinion as unchallengeable fact.

Perhaps there are people who liked CDi games, I've never played them, but it doesn't seem ludicrous to me.

One man's bullshit, is perhaps another man's favorite childhood memory.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 31, 2010, 12:33:42 PM »
The actors in the movie didn't like the overall outcome of the movie, not just me.

The origin of Wolverine as presented in the film was fine, but thats not why the movie gets hated on.
It's not really hated on for anything to do with Wolverine, but more how they handled the villain. They butchered Deadpool and that is simple fact.
It's also common knowledge that this cash in on the Wolverine popularity was a Deadpool debut which was to lead almost immediately to a Deadpool movie. They've been trying to find a way to bring Deadpool to the bigscreen for a long time, but have been waiting on a good way to introduce him. This was 2 Origin movies in 1... and it did not go so well.

This is why Hugh Jackman and Ryan Reynolds supposedly renegotiated deals with Fox to have some creative control moving forward because in order to create art, the artist(s) needs to be able to portray his vision in tact and that is not what happened with the Wolverine Origins movie; some suit stepped in during the painting and said "we need more purple here and here, and turn it sideways, it would look better that way". So it wasn't me that missed your own point.

This movie was "art" interrupted.