Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1204959 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #250 on: June 02, 2010, 02:34:22 PM »
I loved the fake trailer from a couple years back.  ;D

You mean this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb50GMmY5nk

Because I would watch that movie.
and who ever put it together did an amazing job.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 02, 2010, 05:55:03 PM »
hell yeah they did a good job, getting that facepaint to stay so consistent when added post is a FEAT
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 02, 2010, 06:56:57 PM »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 02, 2010, 07:16:27 PM »
thank god, thats a pretty good one, i wonder if thats his battle suit or his USO suit?

i had figured that if they can make Spidermans suit look good they can make Caps suit look good. Key = Texture + Color Variation.
IT kinda reminds me of the difference between Ocarina link and Twilight Princess link. Maybe the new X-men will have colorful suits.

the new suit is a nice blend of suits

i had been designing my own suit, but as you can see...i gave up

i'd still get a jersey like that
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 08:49:24 PM by ThePerm »

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 02, 2010, 10:42:48 PM »
Did you guys know that the writer for the animated series was murdered: http://ca.kotaku.com/5549990/thundercats-writer-murdered

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 02, 2010, 10:48:40 PM »
Did you guys know that the writer for the animated series was murdered: http://ca.kotaku.com/5549990/thundercats-writer-murdered

Quote from: article
Perry also wrote the 1985 comic book series Time Spirits, which gained   renewed interest last winter when similarities   between it and Avatar were discovered.

Uh Oh, something else Avatar ripped off.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 02, 2010, 11:46:43 PM »
Avatar has a lot of cliché stuff

but i had an idea for a movie called Avatar with Blue Skinned people, but i got it from here

http://www.chitrahaar.com/wldofind/wallpapers/krishna/LordKrishna%20%2845%29.jpg

my plotline is nothing at all similar though

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 03, 2010, 12:22:31 PM »
The 2 missing Avengers

have now completed the picture.
everyone meet:
The Avengers

it's a shame that Sony won't let go of that spiderman license, he really could've added something to this lineup.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 09:30:46 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 03, 2010, 09:32:31 PM »
Sony instead decides to ruin the franchise

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 03, 2010, 10:27:40 PM »
Isn't there an Antman movie in the works?

could that possibly tie into The Avengers movie too?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 03, 2010, 11:06:21 PM »
Can Antman carry a movie?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 03, 2010, 11:07:59 PM »
they should just have Tobey MacGuire play the Scarlet Spider

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 06, 2010, 01:01:20 PM »

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 06, 2010, 06:14:56 PM »
I am really looking forward to Batman 3.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #264 on: June 06, 2010, 06:30:51 PM »
I hate calling that movie Batman 3. I know it may be the 3rd movie in the current series, but I will refer to it as Batman 8 as it is the 8th Batman movie (not counting the straight to video movies).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 06, 2010, 06:59:18 PM »
It's part of the reboot series, TJ. It has no continuity with the prior ones so calling it so is misleading, confusing and flat out wrong. You're the stickler for these things, you should know better than to do something like that.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #266 on: June 06, 2010, 07:11:41 PM »
I know that, the whole idea of "re-booting" something is stupid. Most of the time it is little more than the writers saying they are too lazy to come up with a movie that fits the existing continuity. Besides, this is the numbering format the Bond movies use even though the Daniel Craig movies are supposed to be a re-boot with a new canon (i.e. the next Bond movie is codenamed Bond 23, not Bond 3).

Not that it matters, I will usually just say "the next Batman movie" anyways.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 06, 2010, 08:12:00 PM »
Outside of The Fly (the Vincent Price version) and the man with no name trilogy and Bond, there weren't really many sequels to any movies until the 80s. Sequels became common after Star Wars and The Godfather popularized them. That being said, you can only call something a sequel if it is the same series. If its in a different series it is in a different series, Now you want to call the next batman part 8, but it would really be part 10 or 11?. There was 2 serial versions of batman, and then there was an Adam West Batman movie made in the 60s, and then there were 4 Batman in a series from the 89-97, and then there were 2 more Batman movies from Nolan, oh wait but then there are the cartoon batman movies, maybe they should count too, and there are like 4 of those....also there was a captain america movie made in 1990, so should the new one be referred to as Captain America 2? The bond movies statistically are an anomaly when it comes to naming schemes, there are so many of them its unusual. Star Wars is even weirder, the 4th movie is actually part 1, where as the 1st movie is actually part 4, the 3rd movie is actually the 6th part, and the 3rd part is actually the 6th movie. The biggest problem with the old batman series is they are so bad (excluding part 1) that there really is no laziness with a reboot, thats really what they should and did.

There is no excuse for Sony's move on Spider-Man (4) :P though, as the original series is good and doesn't need a reboot. Things only need a reboot if they suck and that is the Reason why they didn't reboot Superman with Superman Returns. Although, Superman Returns wasn't Spider-Man 2, Iron Man, or The Dark Knight quality, so a reboot is necessary, but really only a half reboot, i don't need a damn origin story. I just need it to not suck.

From the recent interviews from Nolan, the next Batman movie might also be a Superman movie, Superman would totally make Batman irrelevant, and thats a pretty good angle for a movie. I think Batman is going to end up dying in the next movie :P See, I hear 2 things and the mind goes crazy. Though, even if that path is intriguing theres only a 25% chance of them actually doing it.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #268 on: June 06, 2010, 09:02:07 PM »
The biggest problem with the old batman series is they are so bad (excluding part 1) that there really is no laziness with a reboot, thats really what they should and did.

There is no excuse for Sony's move on Spider-Man (4) :P though, as the original series is good and doesn't need a reboot. Things only need a reboot if they suck and that is the Reason why they didn't reboot Superman with Superman Returns. Although, Superman Returns wasn't Spider-Man 2, Iron Man, or The Dark Knight quality, so a reboot is necessary, but really only a half reboot, i don't need a damn origin story. I just need it to not suck.

From the recent interviews from Nolan, the next Batman movie might also be a Superman movie, Superman would totally make Batman irrelevant, and thats a pretty good angle for a movie. I think Batman is going to end up dying in the next movie :P See, I hear 2 things and the mind goes crazy. Though, even if that path is intriguing theres only a
25% chance of them actually doing it.

The first Tim Burton movie was pretty bad, the worst of those four Batman movies. It's still lazy to re-boot. The Superman situation is bad. They did a half re-boot to begin with (saying to ignore to 3rd and 4th movies). Superman Returns was a little boring, but it wasn't a bad movie (better than Batman Begins). As for the Spider-Man movies, 1 was OK, 2 sucked, I haven't seen 3 but I have heard a lot of bad things about it (especially that they screwed up Venom, which sucks because Venom is the best and most popular Spider-Man villain).

Directors need to stop even using the term re-boot, especially for comic book movies as they usually do not share continuity anyways. At least J.J. Abrams didn't try to screw up the Star Trek canon (he probably would have pissed off every Star Trek fan forever if he did), he made the 11th movie take place in a alternate timeline. I won't get into that whole situation, it really sucks that they seem to be focusing on that alternate timeline rather than the real canon for Star Trek XII.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 06, 2010, 09:17:41 PM »
so your saying Batman was worse than Batman and Robin?

Star Trek is special, because it doesn't need continuity. :P

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #270 on: June 06, 2010, 09:25:26 PM »
No, but it's not better.

As for Star Trek, you can't throw out 40 years of continuity. Unlike Star Wars (which has mess of a canon where anything a Star Wars book says is canon unless it contradicts the movies) and unlike any comic book franchise, Paramount has been very careful in maintaining canon. I don't buy the reason for this alternate timeline, Abrams could have made a "mainstream" Trek movie while sticking to the established canon. The TOS era is boring. If Paramount wants the movies to be in this other timeline, fine; make a new TV series and set it in the normal timeline.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 06, 2010, 09:59:36 PM »
TJ Spyke, No disrespect :P: but your taste in movies sucks.

Superman Returns wasn't the worse movie, but it was bad and it was boring.
Batman Begins ran circles around it.

Spiderman 1 was good, Spiderman 2 was better and Spiderman 3 was a failed attempt at a still born abortion where the baby managed to live.... somehow. A reboot is not necessary, but the 3rd movie shouldn't have happened the way it did.

As far as reboots go, they happen when you don't want to continue with the drain circling story of the last movie that happens to share the same property you are trying to focus on. You really think Batman Begins should have continues the story from Batman Forever or Batman & Robin? Don't actually answer that because I'm sure i wouldn't like your answer :P:
This new Batman was a darker more realistic story meant to wipe the memory of the previous cash-grab from recent history.

A reboot gives a different director a clean slate to create his vision for the property that someone previously tackled. The only real issue with reboots, is how often they are happening in this creatively bankrupt Hollywood we have today.

I really wish that Marvel had a no Reboot clause in that contract with Fox & Sony so that they would be forced to continue the Fantastic 4, Spiderman and X-men story lines till they are not worth making anymore so that the rights would revert back to where they should be.

As for Star Trek, why not continue to explore this alternate timeline that has drawn in a new audience? Why go back to the old timeline that is far too expansive for anyone not a Trekkie to get into? You want more continuity of the old ST stuff, then go read the books, and play the games and visit the conventions and all the other stuff, this new movie timeline is for a new audience and a new generation of trekkie. A generation that can start from the beginning.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #272 on: June 06, 2010, 10:20:44 PM »
The first 45 minutes of Batman Begins is the worst I have ever seen in a comic book movie. The rest of the movie is good, but that doesn't make up for the first half sucking.

I am not sure how you could like Spider-Man 2. I will admit it's not the worst comic movie i've seen, but I won't say it was good.

Considering Batman Begins is supposed to be a origin story, they could have stuck to the existing canon (especially since Scarecrow hadn't been in the previous four movies, not that it matters since Scarecrow was only i about 10 minutes of the movie).

I am not totally opposed to re-boots, I am annoyed at how often it happens now (as you pointed out, even the relatively new X-Men and Fantastic Four movies are already being re-booted).

The new Trek movie drew fans in because of the huge budget and advertising, I have no doubt that a movie sticking to the main timeline would have done just as well with that same treatment. Star Trek: Enterprise took place before everything else in Trek, so doing a movie based on the ENT crew could have avoided all the stuff in the other shows and movies (other than the four seasons of ENT of coarse). Let the "mainstream" audience (the same idiots who probably like crap like Michael Bay movies) have this alternate timeline with the movies, give me a TV show set in the real timeline and I will be happy.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 06, 2010, 10:37:46 PM »
I admit that the 1st 45 minutes of BB was slow, even very boring to lots of people, but that doesn't really take away from the movie all that much.

Spiderman 2 was good, better than most sequels and I think in certain ways better that the first movie, like XMII. But exactly like Xmen they fell apart in the 3rd movie.

As far as Star Trek..... a movie based onteh failed TV show Enterprise would have been a terrible idea and only dawn in the small audience that couldn't even be relied upon to keep the show on the air.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 10:39:24 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #274 on: June 07, 2010, 12:22:36 AM »
Enterprise aired on UPN (which didn't help, a lot of people didn't even get the channel in their area. When UPN moved Enterprise to Fridays, this basically killed the show as many local UPN affiliates aired sports on Friday nights). They didn't advertise the show very well. The first season was not that good either, the show became really great in season 3 (with the Xindi arc) but it was too late by that point.

Where did I say that the movie would have had to been about Enterprise? I merely said that the movie could have taken place around that time. Enterprise took place about 10 years before the founding of the Federation, and the show ended about 3 years before the Earth-Romulan War (which had been mentioned many times in Trek canon but never explained in detail) and about 100 years between ENT and TOS. So there was ample room to have a movie that would not have had much to worry about and would have let Abrams create his own characters rather than just rely on existing characters.