Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1204981 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #225 on: May 03, 2010, 08:45:04 PM »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 03, 2010, 10:36:50 PM »
July 20th 2012 to be exact.
end of a trilogy.

wanna speculate as to who the main villian will be?

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 03, 2010, 10:39:40 PM »
captain hook
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 03, 2010, 11:09:16 PM »
Dude Love
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 04, 2010, 12:45:45 AM »
Riddler seems the most likely choice, although one of the Nolans or Goyer were saying back in 2008 that they had 70 years worth of villians to pick from.

I think they have dismissed Catwoman and the Penguin before, and Chris Nolan said that it wouldn't be Mr. Freeze.

I personally hope we see Scarecrow again.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 04, 2010, 02:08:33 PM »
Cloverfield prequel/sequel Trailer before Iron Man 2?

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/05/04/secret-jj-abrams-film-to-be-unveiled-with-trailer-before-iron-man-2/
Pretty much recreating the surprise of when Cloverfield burst from the shadows with a mysterious trailer before Transformers, it looks as though a new secret project
from JJ Abrams is going to be officially unveiled this Thursday, when Iron Man 2 takes its first bow at midnight screenings.

This is curious enough. There are, however, some other small, teasing details to discuss and they’ve gotten me even more interested.

Note that all of this comes from Drew McWeeny at Hit Fix who, if I read the situation right, was actually considering not posting the story and keeping the trailer secret (see: Twitter). Has he done the wrong thing? Has he undercut the magic a little?

I don’t think so. He certainly hasn’t got any info to share on what is actually in the trailer, or even a hint of what the film might be about. Drew has only given the hype and anticipation a kick-start. Then again, I would say that - look what I do for a living.

Okay, maybe there are some tiny hints of what the film might be about. There’s a title for one thing: Super 8. This might be, I’m thinking, just a code title, though I assumed the same about Cloverfield. And there’s some suggestion of rumours (which rumours? where?) that the film is somehow a Cloverfield sequel.

One theory would be that the film is a Cloverfield prequel - Super 8 home movies being a precursor to the video we associate with the first film. I think that theory is likely wrong, but you never know.

I also wonder if Super 8 is the same thing as 500 Rads, a previously reported secret Abrams project…? Very possibly, I think. How many mystery boxes can one man be prepping?

Super 8 as is super 8 video cams,
Super 8 as in the motel chain or
Super 8 as in some sort of super hero movie starring 8 people?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 05, 2010, 12:42:53 PM »
Kick Ass gets a sequel

Kick Ass 2: Balls to the Wall (2012)
Since Matthew Vaughn’s Kick-Ass burst onto screens a few weeks ago,   speculation has swirled as to whether or not the film performed well   enough at the box office to warrant a sequel. A recent press release   (via Forces of Geek) for the forthcoming CLiNT magazine, a joint venture   between Millar and Titan Magazines, suggests that the sequel to the   film, Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall, will begin production in 2011 for a   2012 theatrical release.

CLiNT is a new monthly anthology magazine that Millar is spearheading.   “I’ve worked on everything from Spider-Man comics to the Iron Man movie   for Marvel in New York,” Millar said in the release, “but what really   excites me is the gap I see in the UK market at the moment. There are   absolutely no comic-books aimed at 16-30 year old guys and I think CLiNT   has potential to make an enormous impact, bringing a new type of   magazine to a new generation.” The magazine will feature interviews and   write-ups encompassing all forms of entertainment, along with four   serialized comic strips.

The press release announcing the magazine’s launch also features this   tidbit:

Millar is also launching his sequel to the hit Kick-Ass movie in   the first issue of the comic. “Kick-Ass 2: Balls To The Wall” has been   scheduled for production in 2011 for a 2012 cinema release

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 05, 2010, 12:52:31 PM »

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/05/04/secret-jj-abrams-film-to-be-unveiled-with-trailer-before-iron-man-2/
Pretty much recreating the surprise of when Cloverfield burst from the shadows with a mysterious trailer before Transformers, it looks as though a new secret project
from JJ Abrams is going to be officially unveiled this Thursday, when Iron Man 2 takes its first bow at midnight screenings.

This is curious enough. There are, however, some other small, teasing details to discuss and they’ve gotten me even more interested.

Note that all of this comes from Drew McWeeny at Hit Fix who, if I read the situation right, was actually considering not posting the story and keeping the trailer secret (see: Twitter). Has he done the wrong thing? Has he undercut the magic a little?

I don’t think so. He certainly hasn’t got any info to share on what is actually in the trailer, or even a hint of what the film might be about. Drew has only given the hype and anticipation a kick-start. Then again, I would say that - look what I do for a living.

Okay, maybe there are some tiny hints of what the film might be about. There’s a title for one thing: Super 8. This might be, I’m thinking, just a code title, though I assumed the same about Cloverfield. And there’s some suggestion of rumours (which rumours? where?) that the film is somehow a Cloverfield sequel.

One theory would be that the film is a Cloverfield prequel - Super 8 home movies being a precursor to the video we associate with the first film. I think that theory is likely wrong, but you never know.

I also wonder if Super 8 is the same thing as 500 Rads, a previously reported secret Abrams project…? Very possibly, I think. How many mystery boxes can one man be prepping?

Super 8 is a Cloverfield Prequel
Our sources tell us J.J. Abrams is actually directing this time around,   although nothing is confirmed. Earlier today news broke about a top   secret trailer for a new J.J. Abrams project entitled Super 8, which   would premiere in front of Iron Man 2 this coming weekend. No other   details were available at the time. An update at Vulture CONFIRMS that   Super 8 is in fact a quasi-prequel to the smash-hit viral monster movie   Cloverfield!! "Our sources...say that Super 8 is absolutely connected to   2008's Cloverfield  (possibly a prequel, but not a sequel)." They   continue with the plot details, which sound awesome. "Insiders   familiar with the trailer tell us that it shows a bunch of kids who are   shooting a movie with a Super 8 camera in the seventies or eighties.   When they develop the film, they notice that there's an alien creature   in the frame." OMFG. To put the icing on the cake, this sounds   exactly like the Abrams/Steven Spielberg collaboration announced back on   April 28th. Did I say OMFG?! Have your say below.

I liked Cloverfield so I'm interested in this one.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 05, 2010, 01:22:57 PM »
Machete!!
Studio: Fox
Director: Robert Rodriguez
Starring: Danny Trejo, Robert De Niro, Jessica Alba, Michelle Rodriguez, Steven Seagal, Lindsay Lohan, Cheech Marin, Don Johnson and Jeff Fahey
Release: September 3, 2010 (Labor Day Weekend)
Trailers: NSFW Trailer #1 (Grindhouse) | SFW Trailer #1 (Lego Version) | Trailer #2 (Cinco De Mayo) 
Posters: Poster #1
Hired to assassinate a politician, vigilante and ex-Federale Machete (Danny Trejo) nearly dies when a sniper shoots him during the job. Out for revenge, he's joined by a reluctant old buddy (Cheech Marin) who's become a pacifist priest. Written and co-directed by Robert Rodriguez, this homage to exploitation films based on his fake trailer in Grindhouse co-stars Robert De Niro, Michelle Rodriguez, Lindsay Lohan, Jessica Alba and Steven Seagal.

Machete has a release date - Sept 3rd 2010 - just before Labor Day weekend and the subject matter of the movie happens to coincide with some controversial political stuff happening right now. Specifically in Arizona with their immigration laws.
Robert Rodriguez and Machete have put together a special Cinco De Mayo Trailer to send a message to Arizona: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/44943

« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 01:25:35 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 05, 2010, 10:57:19 PM »
**** yeah, it's Machete.

By the way, did you guys watch the Jonah Hex trailer? Why the hell do they have to use Megan "Stubby Thumbs" Fox as a hot prostitute... Salma Hayek would have been so much better.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 06, 2010, 12:09:46 AM »
They wanted a Hot & Young Prostitute and Megan "Toe Thumb" Fox had a lot of buzz around her at the time of casting.... and she a FOX.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 06, 2010, 12:23:20 AM »
and she a FOX.

Only with all that make-up on her, and even so...

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 06, 2010, 12:57:39 AM »
She like an old school shifting picture cards. At one angle you see one thing, change angle you see another thing, but it is always fuzzy and you can't see anything if you look at it at any other angle.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 06, 2010, 12:43:32 PM »

NEW TRAILER
http://movies.apple.com/movies/paramount/ironman2/ironman2-z7r459-tlr1_480p.mov
http://movies.apple.com/movies/paramount/ironman2/ironman2-z7r459g-tlr1_720p.mov
http://movies.apple.com/movies/paramount/ironman2/ironman2-z7r459g-tlr1_1080p.mov

I got 2 midnight release tickets for this tonite. I hope it's at least as good as the first even though I know they are trying to fit in alot to set up for the Avengers movie.

For all those that are gonna go see this, just remember to stay after the credits.
after credits spoiler: Scene for set-up about Thor

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #239 on: May 06, 2010, 01:06:48 PM »
Luigi's in it, too.

Machete has inspired me.  If there is to be a new NinGurl, he is the one.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: May 06, 2010, 01:19:24 PM »
Jessica Alba seems out of place.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #241 on: May 06, 2010, 01:48:00 PM »
Will she be in the "water scene" with Machete and Steven Seagal?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 06, 2010, 02:03:01 PM »
I was hoping for a "wet" scene with Michelle Rodriguez & Jessica Alba.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 07, 2010, 01:34:19 AM »

Super 8 is a Cloverfield Prequel
Our sources tell us J.J. Abrams is actually directing this time around,   although nothing is confirmed. Earlier today news broke about a top   secret trailer for a new J.J. Abrams project entitled Super 8, which   would premiere in front of Iron Man 2 this coming weekend. No other   details were available at the time. An update at Vulture CONFIRMS that   Super 8 is in fact a quasi-prequel to the smash-hit viral monster movie   Cloverfield!! "Our sources...say that Super 8 is absolutely connected to   2008's Cloverfield  (possibly a prequel, but not a sequel)." They   continue with the plot details, which sound awesome. "Insiders   familiar with the trailer tell us that it shows a bunch of kids who are   shooting a movie with a Super 8 camera in the seventies or eighties.   When they develop the film, they notice that there's an alien creature   in the frame." OMFG. To put the icing on the cake, this sounds   exactly like the Abrams/Steven Spielberg collaboration announced back on   April 28th. Did I say OMFG?! Have your say below.

I liked Cloverfield so I'm interested in this one.

Supposedly not connected to Cloverfield
Written and Directed by JJ Abrams
Inspired by his favorite films, including Speilberg
Speilberg and Amblin Ent. are involved.
takes place in 1979

Super Secret JJ Abrams Super 8 Trailer Online.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NECsrx7VC3I

Better watch it while you can, before it gets taken down.

http://www.super8-movie.com/

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #244 on: May 07, 2010, 03:15:16 AM »
the motel?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
By The Eye of Thundera
« Reply #246 on: June 02, 2010, 01:05:59 PM »
Thunder Thunder ThunderCats HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

THUNDERCATS, HO!

WARNER BROS. ANIMATION ANSWERS THE CALL WITH A NEW

TAKE ON THE CLASSIC ANIMATED SERIES “THUNDERCATS,”

TO AIR ON CARTOON NETWORK

(June 3, 2010 – Burbank, CA) – Warner Bros. Animation (WBA) has begun   production on “ThunderCats,” an all-new animated series for Cartoon   Network, based upon the iconic 1980s action classic. “ThunderCats” is   the newest series from WBA, joining “Batman: The Brave and the Bold,”   which was recently renewed for a third season, and the following   forthcoming programs: “The Looney Tunes Show,” “MAD,” “Scooby-Doo!   Mystery Incorporated” and “Young Justice.” The announcement was made   today by Sam Register, Executive Vice President, Creative Affairs,   Warner Bros. Animation.

“In addition to being Warner Bros. Animation’s first anime series,   ‘ThunderCats’ marks our most ambitious foray yet into fantasy,” said   Register. “The realism and dynamic visual style we’ve achieved are sure   to thrill viewers, and the cool weapons, vehicles and technology should   help the show appeal to a diverse audience.”

The 21st century reimagining of the series marks a creative   collaboration between WBA and Studio4°C, one of the most vibrant   animation studios in Japan, with credits including “The Animatrix,”   “Gotham Knights” and “Halo Legends.” WBA is working closely with   Studio4°C, utilizing the latter’s expertise to give the “ThunderCats”   characters a new cutting-edge look while remaining true to the   compelling storylines and mythology of the original series.

“We at Studio4°C are excited to be in this creative partnership with   Warner Bros. Animation to bring ‘ThunderCats’ to life,” said Eiko   Tanaka, President and CEO, Studio4°C. “This collaboration combines the   strengths of our two companies – high production values and great   storytelling – toward reintroducing this classic fan-favorite to a new   audience.”

Roaring to life through WBA and Studio4°C’s use of the Japanese animated   artistry of anime, “ThunderCats” characters Lion-O, Mumm-Ra, Panthro,   Cheetara and others will spring off the screen with realistic cat-like   characteristics inconceivable in previous incarnations.

The new “ThunderCats” will appeal to viewers who have loved the   characters all their lives as well as young newcomers to the franchise. A   sweeping tale combining swords and science and boasting ferocious   battles with the highest of stakes, the grand origin story of Prince   Lion-O’s ascension to the throne – and of those who would thwart his   destiny at any cost – takes on epic dimensions in this sharp new   telling. As the forces of good and evil battle each other in the quest   for the fabled Stones of Power, Lion-O and his champions learn valuable   lessons of loyalty, honor and mortality in every episode.

“ThunderCats” is executive produced by Sam Register (“Teen Titans,” “Ben   10,” “Batman: The Brave and the Bold”). Michael Jelenic (“Batman: The   Brave and the Bold,” “Wonder Woman”) and Ethan Spaulding (“Avatar: The   Last Airbender”) are the producers.

Snaaarffff!!!

p.s. Not a new movie, but a new cartoon on CartoonNetwork.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 02, 2010, 01:15:21 PM »
Well, it can't be much worse than the original Thundercats. Maybe this one will have a consistent mythology rather than making things up as it goes along. I'm not thrilled about Studio4°C doing the animation, though. I'm struggling to think of a project they've done I've found artistically pleasing.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 02, 2010, 01:36:27 PM »
The old cartoon was good when was a kid, it aged like milk left sitting in the sun though.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 02, 2010, 02:09:09 PM »
I loved the fake trailer from a couple years back.  ;D
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!