Community Forums > NWR Mafia Games

Mafia LXXXV: Metroid Dread. Game Over! Postgame Breakdown and Analysis Thread.

<< < (2/8) > >>

Wah:
The 8 man townie alliance started by me and masb wins!

Wah:
The members where:
Me
MASB
isanolord
Bshy
Steef
nickmitch
shyguy
and on the last 2 days
rabicle.

Khushrenada:
Day 3: BeautifulShy gets Space Madness

I'm not sure why BeautifulShy suddenly declared it quits. I guess the stress of the plumbing and the game might have gotten to her. In any case, she suddenly decides to let everyone know she's Samus and vote her out. In a way, she had been doomed early on with MASB knowing her identity but if MASB was eliminated before telling anyone then she may have recovered.

In any event, players take their time in making a majority vote and someone even argue against taking her out. I had one player approach me and say that if they were hosting and someone needed to drop out of the game for personal reasons then they would probably just kill them off right then and there so the game can move on. From her postings, BeautifulShy was coming off quite upset and like she didn't want to be there. At the same time, she wasn't voting for herself to speed up her elimination, she seemed to want to try and have some kind of game discussions with the players and still sent in a hit on Steefosaurus in case she lived. So, I let it play out.

Usually if a person wants out of this game then they just don't participate and/or try and vote themselves out. Luigi Dude followed that proper protocol later for some reason.

With one killer down and the Samus hit blocked, the Mafia decided to try for a target and went after ejamer and eliminated him. With BeautifulShy and ejamer gone, both the people MASB had investigated were out of the game. MASB did not make an investigation for Day 3. Lucario the Doctor chose to save no one that night.

(Going back to Day 1, when pokepal148 was making his pitch for the doctor to protect him as the Metroid holder, I really thought he was going to doom things because Lucario had not been around yet and there was no guarantee he would select pokepal148 with his protections. Would you make that move if you knew Lucario was the doctor? You have to account for those kinds of things and plan on the basis that the Doctor is actually absent and not active. But that's just me.)

MASB:

--- Quote from: Lucario on April 06, 2020, 11:15:34 PM ---The members where:
Me
MASB
isanolord
Bshy
Steef
nickmitch
shyguy
and on the last 2 days
rabicle

--- End quote ---