Author Topic: Wii U - e3 is over... now what?  (Read 1572276 times)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U - a thread with subtitles.
« Reply #5975 on: June 25, 2013, 12:11:39 AM »
Not sure if this has been posted, but the Wii U had the most exclusives at E3. http://i.imgur.com/ZWK5YzZ.png

I would hope they would since the console can't lean on third parties right now,
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U - e3 is over... now what?
« Reply #5976 on: September 10, 2020, 03:05:00 AM »
There are a number of ways Nintendo could do upgrades on a contracted plan. Nintendo could make games that operate under different power standards. You could have a basic standard, an extra standard and a super standard. Each version of the hardware would display the game differently. For those wanting to retain old hardware and still want to get more power they can either offer some sort of external upgrade. Or if nintendo were to push LAN gaming they could get multiple boxes.

The reason why this would work better for a console than say a phone actually is because with the phone you can't make up the difference in software sales. The more people they have with hardware in their homes the more people they have buying games. For instance say you have someone who is paying just 19.99 a month to have a wii u in their home and then paying $20-30 a month for their online service. Thats $50 a month for Nintendo. Nintendo could set up a rent to own type payment arrangement where it would take 17 months to buy your hardware. If you made the price per month 14.50 a month than someone could pay off their console in 2 years. There could also be a credit for new game purchases. Say you buy a game. 10% of that game purchase could go towards paying off the console.  So if you were renting to own a console and you registered 70 games you would automatically own that console. If it was 20% per game it would be 35 games.  or say you payed the rent to own price for a year and bought 18 games(under 20% deal) then you would own the console.

I'm sorry i just started working for a cable/internet/phone provider. Lol it's got me thinking of all sorts of pricing schemes and future ways to do business. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HivdO252eDc

I knew it would happen eventually. Somebody would do it.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 03:17:57 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post