Author Topic: Dirty Harry Coming To Next-Gen Consoles  (Read 2460 times)

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Dirty Harry Coming To Next-Gen Consoles
« on: February 24, 2005, 04:55:16 PM »
Do you feel lucky?

First "Dirty Harry" Title Will Be Released On Next Generation Consoles

BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 24, 2005--Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Clint Eastwood's Malpaso and The Tehama Companies have announced an agreement to produce video games based on the "Dirty Harry" film franchise, introducing the legendary character "Dirty Harry" Callahan to the interactive world for the first time on next generation consoles.

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is currently overseeing development of the first installment of the game franchise, with Academy Award® winning director, producer and actor Eastwood consulting on key creative aspects of the game design. Eastwood will also lend his voice and likeness to his renowned role of police detective Harry Callahan.

"This will be an opportunity to satisfy the many requests over the years to continue the 'Dirty Harry' legacy, only now in the video game medium," said Clint Eastwood. "Creating 'Dirty Harry' video games will also introduce this memorable film character to new generations on a medium they appreciate."

"Warner Bros. has enjoyed a remarkable and long standing partnership with Clint Eastwood, and creating videogames based on 'Dirty Harry' will continue our mutual goal of capturing new story-telling and market opportunities for this acclaimed film franchise," said Alan Horn, President and COO, Warner Bros. "Barry (Barry Meyer, Chairman and CEO of Warner Bros.) and I are excited about Clint's guidance and direct participation in bringing 'Dirty Harry' into the interactive space as it further reinvigorates the franchise."

"Mr. Eastwood is both an incredible performer and an amazing creative talent, and it is an honor to work with him to bring the 'Dirty Harry' franchise credibly to the video game space," said Jason Hall, Senior Vice President of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. "The character and content of the 'Dirty Harry' films perfectly lend themselves to telling new and compelling stories to both established and new gameplaying audiences."

I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline K-RPG

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Dirty Harry Coming To Next-Gen Consoles
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 06:23:21 PM »
lol

When they get a game out, its gonna suck so bad......  
I really don't have anything to put here right now.  

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 07:53:57 AM »
I'll wait for Bullitt, thank you very much.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Procession

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2005, 11:52:27 PM »
This is AWESOME. Dirty Harry rules.