Author Topic: Switch Discussion Thread (Year 3: But where are the folders??!?!)  (Read 276396 times)

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Re: Switch Discussion Thread (The early days)
« Reply #775 on: April 01, 2017, 09:03:55 PM »
I love you guys.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: April 01, 2017, 09:52:58 PM »
I still don't feel like I'm missing out on anything by not having a Switch.
Pre-purchase rationalization. Happens to the worst of us, but man is it satisfying to see people pretend to not-care.
Post-purchase rationalization. Happens to the worst of us, but man is it satisfying to see people try to justify their purchases. :P: :
Post-embarrassed-by-post-deflection. Happens to the worst of us, but man is it satisfying to see people lash out after they've been called out for their pre-purchase rationalization.
Post-defensive-post-embarrassed-by-post-deflection. Happens to the worst of us, but man is it satisfying to see people continue lashing out after they've been called out for their post-purchase rationalization defense. ;)
Post-desperately-attempting-to-continue-already-tired-joke. Happens to the worst of us, but man is it satisfying to see one's own genius blatantly ripped off for the second time, with an emoticon at the end, no less.
Post-desperately-attempting-to-continue-already-tired-joke-because-I-tend-to-take-things-too-far-post-defensive-post-embarrassed-by-post-deflection. Happens to the best of the worst of us, but woman is it satisfying to see someone's genius blatantly ripped off for the second time and then for the third time, with an emoticon at the end, no less. :D ;) :P: :
I believe this speaks for itself.
Post-shrugging-off-post-desperately-attempting-to-continue-already-tired-joke-because-I-tend-to-take-things-too-far-post-defensive-post-embarrassed-by-post-deflection. Happens to the best of the worst of us, but woman is it satisfying to see someone's genius blatantly ripped off for the second time and then for the third time, now with a fourth time and wishing I would shut up, with an emoticon at the end, no less. I'll probably be moderated eventually for junking up this thread, but it was fun until then. :D ;) :P: :
Long-statement-with-dashes-between-each-word. Occurs in specific cases in which one is superior to myself, but gender issues is the feeling wholesome when the person in question continues to use keyboard graphics in order to hide the fact said person still hasn't bought a Switch, and therefore cannot contribute anything meaningful to the discussion. Unless a quote pyramid is considered meaningful, in which case, carry on.
Yeah, I could do this all day, hee hee.
You're two posts behind, I already made a "gives-up-the-standard-format-for-a-brief-witty-comment" post.
Oh, right. Long-rebuttal-to-refute-long-statement-with-dashes-between-each-word. Occurs in specific cases in which asserting one's superiority actually shows inferiority, but random incomplete gender issues comment is the feeling wholesome when the person in question continues to use keyboard graphics in order to hide the fact said person bought a Switch, and still cannot contribute anything meaningful to the discussion. Unless a quote pyramid is considered meaningful, in which case, we're all in trouble.
"We're all in trouble?" Hardly. Also, the gender issues comment came from the repeated use, and then one-time use, of "man" and "woman" respectively. Close reading is an important skill in quote pyramids, I suggest you brush up.
Ah, the wording made it seem incomplete. I suggest jokes should be more clear, hee hee.
I'll probably be moderated eventually for junking up this thread, but it was fun until then. :D ;) :P:
I'm going to allow it.
I love you guys.
You're both a part of this now! MWA HA HA HA HAWR!

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: April 01, 2017, 10:14:00 PM »
Pre-purchase rationalization. Happens to the worst of us, but man is it satisfying to see people pretend to not-care.
Post-purchase rationalization. Happens to the worst of us, but man is it satisfying to see people try to justify their purchases. :P: :
Post-embarrassed-by-post-deflection. Happens to the worst of us, but man is it satisfying to see people lash out after they've been called out for their pre-purchase rationalization.
Post-defensive-post-embarrassed-by-post-deflection. Happens to the worst of us, but man is it satisfying to see people continue lashing out after they've been called out for their post-purchase rationalization defense. ;)
Post-desperately-attempting-to-continue-already-tired-joke. Happens to the worst of us, but man is it satisfying to see one's own genius blatantly ripped off for the second time, with an emoticon at the end, no less.
Post-desperately-attempting-to-continue-already-tired-joke-because-I-tend-to-take-things-too-far-post-defensive-post-embarrassed-by-post-deflection. Happens to the best of the worst of us, but woman is it satisfying to see someone's genius blatantly ripped off for the second time and then for the third time, with an emoticon at the end, no less. :D ;) :P: :
Post-shrugging-off-post-desperately-attempting-to-continue-already-tired-joke-because-I-tend-to-take-things-too-far-post-defensive-post-embarrassed-by-post-deflection. Happens to the best of the worst of us, but woman is it satisfying to see someone's genius blatantly ripped off for the second time and then for the third time, now with a fourth time and wishing I would shut up, with an emoticon at the end, no less. I'll probably be moderated eventually for junking up this thread, but it was fun until then. :D ;) :P: :
Long-statement-with-dashes-between-each-word. Occurs in specific cases in which one is superior to myself, but gender issues is the feeling wholesome when the person in question continues to use keyboard graphics in order to hide the fact said person still hasn't bought a Switch, and therefore cannot contribute anything meaningful to the discussion. Unless a quote pyramid is considered meaningful, in which case, carry on.
You're two posts behind, I already made a "gives-up-the-standard-format-for-a-brief-witty-comment" post.
Oh, right. Long-rebuttal-to-refute-long-statement-with-dashes-between-each-word. Occurs in specific cases in which asserting one's superiority actually shows inferiority, but random incomplete gender issues comment is the feeling wholesome when the person in question continues to use keyboard graphics in order to hide the fact said person bought a Switch, and still cannot contribute anything meaningful to the discussion. Unless a quote pyramid is considered meaningful, in which case, we're all in trouble.
"We're all in trouble?" Hardly. Also, the gender issues comment came from the repeated use, and then one-time use, of "man" and "woman" respectively. Close reading is an important skill in quote pyramids, I suggest you brush up.
Ah, the wording made it seem incomplete. I suggest jokes should be more clear, hee hee.
I'll probably be moderated eventually for junking up this thread, but it was fun until then. :D ;) :P:
I'm going to allow it.
I love you guys.

I'm going to allow it.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: April 01, 2017, 10:32:38 PM »
I'm going to allow it.
I love you guys.
I'm going to allow it.
Aw, but it's no fun if it's legal.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: April 01, 2017, 10:35:26 PM »
I guess that's why no one drinks alcohol after they turn 21.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: April 01, 2017, 10:49:29 PM »
Post-purchase rationalization. Happens to the worst of us, but man is it satisfying to see people try to justify their purchases. :P: : :
Post-desperately-attempting-to-continue-already-tired-joke-because-I-tend-to-take-things-too-far-post-defensive-post-embarrassed-by-post-deflection. Happens to the best of the worst of us, but woman is it satisfying to see someone's genius blatantly ripped off for the second time and then for the third time, with an emoticon at the end, no less. :D ;) :P: : :
Post-shrugging-off-post-desperately-attempting-to-continue-already-tired-joke-because-I-tend-to-take-things-too-far-post-defensive-post-embarrassed-by-post-deflection. Happens to the best of the worst of us, but woman is it satisfying to see someone's genius blatantly ripped off for the second time and then for the third time, now with a fourth time and wishing I would shut up, with an emoticon at the end, no less. I'll probably be moderated eventually for junking up this thread, but it was fun until then. :D ;) :P: : :
I'll probably be moderated eventually for junking up this thread, but it was fun until then. :D ;) :P: :
I'm going to allow it.
I love you guys.
I'm going to allow it.
Hey, I see what you're trying to do here! Nobody escapes from the quote monster!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: April 01, 2017, 10:50:11 PM »
That quote war was glorious. Thank you.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: April 01, 2017, 10:55:40 PM »
Post-purchase rationalization. Happens to the worst of us, but man is it satisfying to see people try to justify their purchases. :P: : : :
Post-desperately-attempting-to-continue-already-tired-joke-because-I-tend-to-take-things-too-far-post-defensive-post-embarrassed-by-post-deflection. Happens to the best of the worst of us, but woman is it satisfying to see someone's genius blatantly ripped off for the second time and then for the third time, with an emoticon at the end, no less. :D ;) :P: : : :
Post-shrugging-off-post-desperately-attempting-to-continue-already-tired-joke-because-I-tend-to-take-things-too-far-post-defensive-post-embarrassed-by-post-deflection. Happens to the best of the worst of us, but woman is it satisfying to see someone's genius blatantly ripped off for the second time and then for the third time, now with a fourth time and wishing I would shut up, with an emoticon at the end, no less. I'll probably be moderated eventually for junking up this thread, but it was fun until then. :D ;) :P: : : :
I'll probably be moderated eventually for junking up this thread, but it was fun until then. :D ;) :P: : :
I'm going to allow it.
I love you guys.
I'm going to allow it.
Hey, I see what you're trying to do here! Nobody escapes from the quote monster!
Isn't it great to be part of something larger than you are?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: April 01, 2017, 11:35:50 PM »
All hail the almighty quote pyramid! It has come to take us all! It will consume is in its wrathful vengeance!
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: April 01, 2017, 11:48:55 PM »
Post-purchase rationalization. Happens to the worst of us, but man is it satisfying to see people try to justify their purchases. :P: : : : :
Post-desperately-attempting-to-continue-already-tired-joke-because-I-tend-to-take-things-too-far-post-defensive-post-embarrassed-by-post-deflection. Happens to the best of the worst of us, but woman is it satisfying to see someone's genius blatantly ripped off for the second time and then for the third time, with an emoticon at the end, no less. :D ;) :P: : : : :
Post-shrugging-off-post-desperately-attempting-to-continue-already-tired-joke-because-I-tend-to-take-things-too-far-post-defensive-post-embarrassed-by-post-deflection. Happens to the best of the worst of us, but woman is it satisfying to see someone's genius blatantly ripped off for the second time and then for the third time, now with a fourth time and wishing I would shut up, with an emoticon at the end, no less. I'll probably be moderated eventually for junking up this thread, but it was fun until then. :D ;) :P: : : : :
I'll probably be moderated eventually for junking up this thread, but it was fun until then. :D ;) :P: : : :
I'm going to allow it.
I love you guys.
I'm going to allow it.
All hail the almighty quote pyramid! It has come to take us all! It will consume is in its wrathful vengeance!
Why must I do all the work? You could have easily hit quote yourself here and saved me the trouble!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: April 01, 2017, 11:59:22 PM »
Post-purchase rationalization. Happens to the worst of us, but man is it satisfying to see people try to justify their purchases. :P: : : : : :
Post-desperately-attempting-to-continue-already-tired-joke-because-I-tend-to-take-things-too-far-post-defensive-post-embarrassed-by-post-deflection. Happens to the best of the worst of us, but woman is it satisfying to see someone's genius blatantly ripped off for the second time and then for the third time, with an emoticon at the end, no less. :D ;) :P: : : : : :
Post-shrugging-off-post-desperately-attempting-to-continue-already-tired-joke-because-I-tend-to-take-things-too-far-post-defensive-post-embarrassed-by-post-deflection. Happens to the best of the worst of us, but woman is it satisfying to see someone's genius blatantly ripped off for the second time and then for the third time, now with a fourth time and wishing I would shut up, with an emoticon at the end, no less. I'll probably be moderated eventually for junking up this thread, but it was fun until then. :D ;) :P: : : : : :
I'll probably be moderated eventually for junking up this thread, but it was fun until then. :D ;) :P: : : : :
I'm going to allow it.
I love you guys.
I'm going to allow it.
Why must I do all the work? You could have easily hit quote yourself here and saved me the trouble!
Turn it up to 180 degrees!
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: April 02, 2017, 06:21:24 AM »
Post-purchase rationalization. Happens to the worst of us, but man is it satisfying to see people try to justify their purchases. :P: : : : : :
Post-desperately-attempting-to-continue-already-tired-joke-because-I-tend-to-take-things-too-far-post-defensive-post-embarrassed-by-post-deflection. Happens to the best of the worst of us, but woman is it satisfying to see someone's genius blatantly ripped off for the second time and then for the third time, with an emoticon at the end, no less. :D ;) :P: : : : : :
Post-shrugging-off-post-desperately-attempting-to-continue-already-tired-joke-because-I-tend-to-take-things-too-far-post-defensive-post-embarrassed-by-post-deflection. Happens to the best of the worst of us, but woman is it satisfying to see someone's genius blatantly ripped off for the second time and then for the third time, now with a fourth time and wishing I would shut up, with an emoticon at the end, no less. I'll probably be moderated eventually for junking up this thread, but it was fun until then. :D ;) :P: : : : : :
I'll probably be moderated eventually for junking up this thread, but it was fun until then. :D ;) :P: : : : :
I'm going to allow it.
I love you guys.
I'm going to allow it.
I feel like I've been involved in a trainwreck.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: April 02, 2017, 07:54:44 PM »
I'm going to allow it.
I love you guys.
I'm going to allow it.
I feel like I've been involved in a trainwreck.
You've been visited by Anubis, patron god of this Quote Pyramid. If you seek good fortune, respond to this post and those following with, "Praise Anubis, praise the Quote Pyramid," and you shall have what you seek.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: April 02, 2017, 07:56:48 PM »
I'm glad that's over.I'd really like to get back to discussing the early days of switch.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: April 02, 2017, 08:26:30 PM »
I'm glad that's over.I'd really like to get back to discussing the early days of switch.
Silence, heathen.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline KeyBilly

• Donkey Kong is here!
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: April 03, 2017, 04:30:19 PM »
During my playthrough of BotW, I noticed my gyrometer drifting a few times.  The motion controls shift the camera, so the screen or arrow reticle would just slowly drift when my hands were still.  Being a Wii veteran, I placed the controller on a flat surface and it corrected itself after a while.  Has anyone else had this issue?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #791 on: April 03, 2017, 04:39:36 PM »
Yes, and I did the same thing that fixed it.  Noticed it with the Pro controller.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline KeyBilly

• Donkey Kong is here!
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: April 03, 2017, 05:04:20 PM »
Thanks.  I hadn't seen anyone else mention it.  With no sensor bar, I hoped they had figured out some other way around the drift issue.

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: April 06, 2017, 06:22:51 PM »
Sounds like Square Enix is considering even more ports for Switch. I know a lot of people would rather see original games, like Project Octopath Traveler, and I would as well, but I think it's still encouraging that Square Enix is throwing a lot of support behind the console early.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: April 06, 2017, 07:20:10 PM »
Sounds like Square Enix is considering even more ports for Switch. I know a lot of people would rather see original games, like Project Octopath Traveler, and I would as well, but I think it's still encouraging that Square Enix is throwing a lot of support behind the console early.

Neat! So, best case scenario, what would be in the realm of possibilities? Would NieR Automata make it, or am I setting too high expectations there? I'd be down for that.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: April 06, 2017, 07:37:11 PM »
Deus Ex Please!

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: April 06, 2017, 09:34:35 PM »
Im ok with ports. Switch needs as many games as it can get

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: April 06, 2017, 10:28:04 PM »
I'm more than happy to get ports just to have games in that form factor. I'm really looking forward to FIFA 18 on Switch even though it'll almost certainly be inferior to the version I could buy on Xbox One like I did last year because of the ability to play it in handheld mode.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Oedo

• View Profile
« Reply #798 on: April 07, 2017, 12:15:26 AM »

Neat! So, best case scenario, what would be in the realm of possibilities? Would NieR Automata make it, or am I setting too high expectations there? I'd be down for that.

We can almost certainly rule out Final Fantasy XV, since that game doesn't run great even on the PS4. I'm not familiar with how demanding NieR: Automata is, but, yeah, that would be a nice get for the Switch if it's possible. Maybe Square Enix could go full circle on Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, which features an HD remaster of the 3DS Kingdom Hearts game, and bring that to Switch. I also remember seeing some talk about Square Enix considering Final Fantasy XIV for Switch as well.

I'd personally like to see more stuff like Seiken Densetsu Collection. It's a great fit or the Switch hardware, and Square Enix actually seems to be taking the emulation seriously by getting M2 on it. Make James Jones a happy camper and put out Ogre Battle Collection next.

Offline Oedo

• View Profile
« Reply #799 on: April 07, 2017, 04:58:02 AM »
OH SNAP! Takashi Tokita straight up teasing on Twitter now. He had a prominent role in the development of Final Fantasy IV and Chrono Trigger, and has handled a lot of Final Fantasy remakes and ports since then. I would be ecstatic to see something like a Final Fantasy Collection with Final Fantasy IV, V, and VI come out on Switch. It is the 30th anniversary of the series this year, so a release like that would make a lot of sense.