Author Topic: Switch Discussion Thread (Year 3: But where are the folders??!?!)  (Read 276250 times)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Re: Switch Discussion (March 3, 2017 is so close now...)
« Reply #625 on: March 02, 2017, 06:52:35 AM »
Well lets see how strong the plastic it.  Nintendo is usually pretty good with quality control.  And Nintendo knows the controls are going to be removed in and out alot.  So surely they have done strength tests and stress tests.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 02, 2017, 07:48:48 AM »
Reggie blatantly lying about a product feature? Nahhhhhhhhh that never happens...
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 02, 2017, 10:02:13 AM »
Why did I have to create a Nintendo Account User ID? What is the point of the Nintendo Network ID?

You done messed up, A-aron Nintendo.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 02, 2017, 10:36:37 AM »
On one hand: friend codes. **** them.

On the other: the eShop is ridiculously region-free now. People are freaking out in the good sense.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #630 on: March 02, 2017, 11:03:10 AM »
Classic Nintendo: Do one thing incredibly right, do another thing incredibly wrong.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #631 on: March 02, 2017, 12:49:37 PM »
Laura Kate Dale seems to be reporting via twitter that the day 1 patch fixes the left joycon issue.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: March 02, 2017, 12:53:41 PM »
Well lets see how strong the plastic it.  Nintendo is usually pretty good with quality control.  And Nintendo knows the controls are going to be removed in and out alot.  So surely they have done strength tests and stress tests.

That's my thinking too. Compared to the competition, Nintendo's hardware often seems to be the sturdiest and longer lasting. This is one guy who has some knowledge on engineering but he's just speculating on his own. The only major hardware issue I can think of that Nintendo released which was problematic was the original 3DS because the raised lower screen touched the top screen and the L and R buttons seems to stop functioning over time. Of course, that was a March release also if you want to find a reason to panic but Nintendo's still got the benefit of the doubt as far as I'm concerned. I need to see more proof than one guy theorizing about something that may never happen.

Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: March 02, 2017, 01:00:34 PM »
Laura Kate Dale seems to be reporting via twitter that the day 1 patch fixes the left joycon issue.

It's really weird, she and some other people are saying the update fixed it, but then another group of people are saying it didn't. I'm not sure what's going on there.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 02, 2017, 01:32:36 PM »
Friend codes.  Fucking ridiculous.  Nintendo isn't even smart enough to just call them something different so as to avoid backlash.  A different term may also have made it so that the NOA President didn't TECHNICALLY lie to us, though clearly he did.

You hope that the Switch will be a new start but if Nintendo had changed for the better they wouldn't do dumb **** like this.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #635 on: March 02, 2017, 01:41:55 PM »

It's really weird, she and some other people are saying the update fixed it, but then another group of people are saying it didn't. I'm not sure what's going on there.

Apparently, it depends on whether or not the joycon are connected to the system.  When connected, a reboot of the system will apply the update to both joycon.  Or at least based on what I read.

The tweet in question.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 02:26:12 PM by nickmitch »

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 02, 2017, 04:57:29 PM »
Apparently not even that works. From Eurogamer:

UPDATE 2/3/17 4:00pm: The Nintendo Switch's day one system update has launched, and there are reports online that installing the patch with the Joy-Cons attached updates the firmware on the controllers, resolving the de-sync issues. Is this really the case? Unfortunately not. We've updated our console with controllers attached and re-run the battery of tests detailed below. In all cases, the range and consistency of the connection of each Joy-Con remains the same, and the left controller still has demonstrably weaker range than the right. Eurogamer has contacted Nintendo several times now concerning this issue, and we still await a reply.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #637 on: March 02, 2017, 05:39:46 PM »
Friend codes are back. Why, Nintendo?

http://press-start.com.au/news/nintendo/2017/03/02/nintendo-switch-uses-friend-codes-add-friends/

Other ways to add friends are coming, and can't you add people you've played with? Are we just looking for things to obnoxiously freak out about so we can go "Ha! I KNEW Nintendo would screw up somehow!"
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: March 02, 2017, 05:49:28 PM »
The friend code thing isnt a deal breaker, but it does remind me of the awful experience on DS and Wii where every game had its own code. The 3DS isnt too bad with just one code. Wii U is great with no codes.

As long as you can send requests, like in FE heroes, it will be ok.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 02, 2017, 06:02:24 PM »
I've said before, it seems weird that they're releasing the thing this early in the month. It really feels like an extra two or three weeks to work on it could have been very beneficial.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 02, 2017, 06:06:47 PM »
Are we just looking for things to obnoxiously freak out about so we can go "Ha! I KNEW Nintendo would screw up somehow!"

Some people are. I think most complaints stem from people remembering how annoying it was to enter a friend code for every game in the Wii / DS era and hearing that Friend Codes will be on the switch triggers that PTSD.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 02, 2017, 06:34:57 PM »
Are we just looking for things to obnoxiously freak out about so we can go "Ha! I KNEW Nintendo would screw up somehow!"

Some people are. I think most complaints stem from people remembering how annoying it was to enter a friend code for every game in the Wii / DS era and hearing that Friend Codes will be on the switch triggers that PTSD.

Also, you know...

Quote from: Reggie Fils-Aime on January freaking 16,2017
“People have taken shots at us for that. The reality is, the way that online experiences have progressed, it’s an expensive proposition. The amount of servers we need to support Smash Brothers or Mario Kart — these big multiplayer games — is not a small investment. There are no friend codes within what we’re doing.â€

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #642 on: March 02, 2017, 06:35:49 PM »
I've said before, it seems weird that they're releasing the thing this early in the month. It really feels like an extra two or three weeks to work on it could have been very beneficial.

I agree.  The first Friday in March feels so early.  There are five Fridays this month.  The last two aren't options because you want to get the system out there to have enough time for sales (both system and eShop) to have meaningful impact on their revenue for the year.  But that still leaves the 17th as a viable option.  Maybe they wanted 1-2, Switch out there for St Patrick's Day parties? 

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 02, 2017, 08:29:37 PM »
On my way to gamestop and then to best buy since I got zelda from a different location. Still I haven't felt like this since gamecube, which is the last console I got on launch day.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 02, 2017, 09:14:44 PM »
Got mine just a few hours ago

Now downloading Fast RMX and Snipperclips. One slightly annoying thing is you cant save credit card details on the eshop.

There are a few Neo Geo games on here too, Im thinking about buying Metal Slug 3, but I think it would probably be too difficult.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 09:29:35 PM by Lemonade »

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: March 02, 2017, 11:13:08 PM »
My pre-order is being pre-processed, but it says they don't have a console and the closest date they have is 20th of March.

Yeah, no -- why would i need 2 games without a console.

I asked them to maybe look if neon red-blue is available and replace it in my order, but if they won't do it -- i will just cancel the entire thing and will wait out for next batch.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 02, 2017, 11:43:06 PM »
I think neon consoles are going faster than gray. Best Buy has plenty...Got my voucher in-hand, 17 minutes to go.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 03, 2017, 01:10:44 AM »
Got mine just a few hours ago

Now downloading Fast RMX and Snipperclips. One slightly annoying thing is you cant save credit card details on the eshop.

There are a few Neo Geo games on here too, Im thinking about buying Metal Slug 3, but I think it would probably be too difficult.

Wow! Quite the collection already. Look forward to your impressions.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 03, 2017, 02:26:36 AM »
SWEET CHRISTMAS...Gamestop was a breeze in and out in 10 mins. Got my console and jumped in the car to drive to South Philly to grab Zelda from Best Buy. Line was crazy, 3 news vans it took over an hour just to get Zelda. I just got back home at 2:13am and best buy is a 15min drive.

on to the eshop

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 03, 2017, 02:36:55 AM »
4 hours at a Best Buy. Terrible experience.

I have a Switch. Who wants to start a Friend Code thread?

Mine is 5993-2006-1611