Author Topic: Samba De Amigo for the Wii?  (Read 12337 times)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Re: Samba De Amigo for the Wii?
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2008, 11:26:32 PM »
This proves that reviewers don't get it.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2008, 04:40:34 PM »
So about the posing, I had the game teach me, and now I can pose 100% left and right anytime I want.  If your supposed to pose with both remotes pointed at the left square aim the left controller to the left like normal but the right has to be turned to the left and twisted inward to get the desired affect. And just the same on the opposite side.

I still don't quite know exactly where to place my hands on the diagonal poses, but I miss them allot less than I did the left and right circles. More often than not I am getting a perfect all through out a song, If I understand the rhythm, and then back to back poses pop in, and each on I miss is a letter down usually.

I just beat 48 Songs, up to Super Hard. A few A's, but mostly B's and C's. I would say the controls are about 95% affective. Mostly because the posing is what causes me lower scores, but maybe its just because I don't understand it completely yet.

Also there are developer commentary videos as unlockables. Looks like these guys had a blast recording all this music.

But as far as hitting all those zany notes in those super crazy combinations, it can be done very easily. And just way more fun than Guitar Hero, IMO. You get to move around and bounce with the beat, and that's what its all about.

I completely recomend this game to any of you music gamers. Remember I never played the first one, so I can't compare.

Now only 19.95!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 04:45:59 PM by Caterkiller »
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2008, 03:14:41 AM »
"You get to move around and bounce with the beat, and that's what its all about."

When Guitar Hero comes to mind, I picture the dull GH expert kid who was assigned to work with Stan in South Park.

Offline MaleficentOgre

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2008, 09:40:08 AM »
Earlier this week I was talking to my coworkers from Ecuador and Bolivia and they were talking about how they missed the boat on marketing this game and having a potentially huge seller on their hands. Game needs a few more 'authentic latin' (I don't know a better phrase for it) songs (I know it means no f'n chumbawumba) and serious air time on univision and gol. Game is $15 or $20 at wal mart right now.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2008, 04:32:32 PM »
Yeah Maleficent ogre, that's a great idea. You should really push and encourage your coworkers to pursue this game, or sequels or even other music games.

Are your coworkers in the music industry? Because I recently read how music games, while not creating a lucrative licensing stream for the music (Activision and MTV games are stingy with fees), actually drive up exposure (duh) and cd sales for the included artists.

And even if Samba is already out, there's still DLC! Sequels! Knockoffs! And other music games!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline MaleficentOgre

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2008, 07:41:11 PM »
They have the game. They're just saying that they didn't know about it until I told them and how their friends don't know what it is and never heard of it. We were also saying how we'd like to see some awesome spanish enthused games, because there are none.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2009, 04:24:44 PM »
Just played it last night, this game earns fist.  Never played the original.  Getting the waggle to register properly is very easy provided you don't screw up your tilt angle when you wave (I believe the people who fail at it flail too far/too much).  It's a matter of physical technique not unlike learning to reach the orange button in GH; straightforward adaptations.  The physicallity of the game makes it far more interesting to me than expensive Peripheral Band Hero.

Reiteration:  it's $20

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2009, 05:16:24 PM »
I actually prefer these types of games opposed to GH and RB.Part of it is because these games are not expensive and these games are more physical in nature.I haven't played this in a while. Gotta get back to it.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2009, 05:28:16 PM »
Still loving this game, and downloaded a song pack with love shack and walking on sunshine! Gotta love those songs!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2009, 04:37:14 PM »
It's good to waggle together.

Ricky Martin might be watching.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2009, 04:39:26 PM »
I actually prefer these types of games opposed to GH and RB.Part of it is because these games are not expensive and these games are more physical in nature.I haven't played this in a while. Gotta get back to it.

Drums on Rock Band on expert mode can get pretty intense, however Samba De Amigo isn't a slouch on the rapid shaking or as the popular kids call it WIGGLE WAGGLE!!
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2009, 04:55:37 PM »
Samba also doesn't cost a month of digital cable+internet.

or car insurance.