Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3160663 times)

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #5575 on: February 26, 2012, 08:57:00 PM »
Actually that run and gun was the easiest method to play, just drive straight through and stop a little outside of town/checkpoint and they will chase after you in a nice straight line. 

Hate Farcry 2's open gameplay--there wasn't anything to do other than a few quests and gems but it was pretty much the same check point blocks and the same stupid ai waiting for you.

Rather have FC3 go back to being linear, no driving BS.  Just good straight up FPS shooting.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5576 on: February 26, 2012, 10:13:57 PM »
Too late..

I'm glad driving is back. Now if they only let me hit the switch on my C4 trap while i'm driving..
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #5577 on: February 26, 2012, 10:25:27 PM »
your uMote could be your remote detonator....

one of the many things it could be.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #5578 on: February 27, 2012, 01:40:39 AM »
haha, stuff to look forward to this gen :)

just in time, i have a job haha.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #5579 on: February 27, 2012, 06:32:40 AM »

I felt the same way in 2006. I thought that wiimote thing could be a sword, or a gun, or a paint brush, or a toilet plunger, or whatever... it didn't really quite work out the way I was hoping. So this upcoming generation I am going to cut my expectations to a minimum and that way I won't be disappointed.
is your sanity...

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #5580 on: February 27, 2012, 07:22:42 AM »
A wise man on these boards once said, "Manage your expectations." /Uncle Bob

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5581 on: February 27, 2012, 11:28:17 AM »
A wise man on these boards once said, "Manage your expectations." /Uncle Bob

I will be doing no such thing. It's been ages since I was this hyped for a Nintendo console launch (since the N64), so I've decided to just let it wash over me. Being a single console (Wii) owner, I am confident that there are few ways in which the Wii U will disappoint me, according to my expectations.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #5582 on: February 27, 2012, 11:43:05 AM »
Acknowledging the potential for disappointment is, in fact, managing your expectations.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #5583 on: February 27, 2012, 03:24:31 PM »

I felt the same way in 2006. I thought that wiimote thing could be a sword, or a gun, or a paint brush, or a toilet plunger, or whatever... it didn't really quite work out the way I was hoping. So this upcoming generation I am going to cut my expectations to a minimum and that way I won't be disappointed.

no my expectations are really low, i had a wii this gen.

I don't play Ps3/xbox360 very often, but when I do im easily impressed.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5584 on: February 27, 2012, 03:31:38 PM »
Acknowledging the potential for disappointment is, in fact, managing your expectations.

Touché, Pedo bear. Just as long as people don't try to tell me to NOT be excited, because that ain't going to happen!

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #5585 on: February 27, 2012, 04:33:01 PM »
Too late..

I'm glad driving is back. Now if they only let me hit the switch on my C4 trap while i'm driving..

So looking forward to FarCry 3, I downloaded FC2 a few days ago on PSN. Hopefully the level editor is easier to use this time.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #5587 on: February 28, 2012, 12:02:20 AM »
tee hee
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #5588 on: February 28, 2012, 12:53:08 AM »
All I ask of from the Wii U is that it have enough software support that it can be my one and only console. This was where the Wii failed me. I know the Wii U isn't going to have every single game I will want to play, but as long as it is only missing just a handful of games I'll be okay. If you read a video game magazine and you look at all these awesome games coming out soon or in the future its depressing to see that they are coming to PS360 (and maybe PC too), but never for the Wii. If the Wii U doesn't end up like that I will be satisfied. Am I going to make that my expectation? No, but that's my hope.
is your sanity...

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5589 on: February 28, 2012, 01:06:54 AM »
All I ask of from the Wii U is that it have enough software support that it can be my one and only console.

I dunno.  Can you be a hard-core gamer and get by with only one system now?

If you get a 360, you miss out on PS3 titles like God of War, Uncharted, Metal Gear, Infamous, Gran Turismo... etc.

If you get a PS3, you miss out on Halo, Gears of War, Fable and the robust online multiplayer offered by XBox live.

Meanwhile, either way, you miss out on all the first party Nintendo games.

A truly hard-core gamer would *need* all three systems.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5590 on: February 28, 2012, 01:44:41 AM »
Any word if Wii U can run Unreal 4 engine? I'm assuming most likely, since it's been stated to be x amount more powerful than pS360, and both those use Unreal 3 engine.

Hope GDC has Wii U info galore, so much is a mystery, and damnit Zelda would be a dream! again..! :p
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #5591 on: February 28, 2012, 02:08:44 AM »
Any word if Wii U can run Unreal 4 engine? I'm assuming most likely, since it's been stated to be x amount more powerful than pS360, and both those use Unreal 3 engine.

Hope GDC has Wii U info galore, so much is a mystery, and damnit Zelda would be a dream! again..! :p

Last thing I heard on engines that it could run was Unreal Engine 3 and the CryEngine but that was way back in June of last year so things may have changed slightly.By that I mean gotten better.   
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5592 on: February 28, 2012, 02:14:36 AM »
Theoretically it can Samaritan and that is on UE3.9

it's also rumored that the latest CryEngine is already up and running (CE3? or is it 4? I'm too lazy to look back a page or 2 and check). That rumor hopefully proves true @ GDC and info about it will hopefully leak should it actually be shown behind closed doors.

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5593 on: February 28, 2012, 02:51:43 AM »
Curious, What do you believe BnM? You're saying it's been known to run Unreal Engine 3.9 so it's theoretically safe to assume 4 is a safe bet? :D any word on if Retro is working a return on the Metroid franchise or something new? I know Zelda has been tossed around as an idea. 
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #5594 on: February 28, 2012, 03:10:23 AM »
All I ask of from the Wii U is that it have enough software support that it can be my one and only console.

If you get a 360, you miss out on PS3 titles like God of War, Uncharted, Metal Gear, Infamous, Gran Turismo... etc.

If you get a PS3, you miss out on Halo, Gears of War, Fable and the robust online multiplayer offered by XBox live.

There we go again, using that "hardcore / core gamer" terminology. It's worse than when people used the terms "kiddy" and "mature" last gen. A gamer is a gamer, end of story.

Also, prior to getting my PS3 a few months ago, I used to be a single-console owner for most of my life. I've been gaming since 1990 when I got my NES (I'm 27 now).
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 03:12:09 AM by tendoboy1984 »
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5595 on: February 28, 2012, 06:14:11 AM »

No mentions of the PC make me sad, but it's understandable. Also, I throw in XBLA and some weird PS3 games from Japan in to the mix.

With the PC, X360, and PS3, it is much easier to get away with having only one of them as you only set-down video gaming experience. The Wii's questionable/poor third party support and droughts of interesting games probably made it hard for it to be a person's only video game console.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #5596 on: February 28, 2012, 06:37:31 AM »
Lets not turn this into a "hardcore versus casual and one console versus 3 console" discussion because those types of discussions always start the same way and end the same way as they always have. Basically everyone getting upset at each other and everyone making no progress on any fronts.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #5597 on: February 28, 2012, 08:15:02 AM »
I am a veteran gamer who is a fan of games, so I own all three :) My PC is for work, not for play, except for browsing video game sites...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5598 on: February 28, 2012, 09:00:40 AM »
Curious, What do you believe BnM? You're saying it's been known to run Unreal Engine 3.9 so it's theoretically safe to assume 4 is a safe bet? :D any word on if Retro is working a return on the Metroid franchise or something new? I know Zelda has been tossed around as an idea. 

I believe that Epic likes money and will make sure that UE4 is scalable enough to work on your refrigerator LCD this time around should a developer want to license their tech and make a fridge game. I believe that whatever EU4 ends up being, it will run on Wii U. Wii U may not make the most of the engine since I'm sure PC will remain king, but I really don't think visuals are gonna matter all that much going forward. Everyone's games will look great. The difference will be in how natural the shadows look, the lighting, cloth/hair physics and maybe the framerate. The majority of people won't notice the differences unless pointed out.

As far as Retro is concerned... I have no idea what they are doing, but I'm hoping for new IP or something that will be like new since we haven't seen it since forever (Star Tropics).I've never played the original, but the descriptions of what it could be (Nintendo's Uncharted meets Zelda) then I think it could fill another hole in Nintendo's lineup.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5599 on: February 28, 2012, 09:40:12 AM »
The Wii's questionable/poor third party support and droughts of interesting games probably made it hard for it to be a person's only video game console.

Not at all.  You just have to know what you want out of gaming.