Author Topic: Missed Last Week's News? Catch Up in Under 5 Minutes!  (Read 6002 times)

Offline Norex

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • NintendoWorldReport
Missed Last Week's News? Catch Up in Under 5 Minutes!
« on: August 10, 2012, 01:13:03 AM »

Our own Ariel Ruff gives you the news in a weekly rundown dubbed "Inside The Bubble"

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/video/31285

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
Re: Missed Last Week's News? Catch Up in Under 5 Minutes!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 04:57:27 AM »
Great start! Learned a few things I missed during the week. Good editing, to the point, but not needlessly frenetic. Nice style, graphics, music. Look forward to next week's episode. :)

What software did you use in the editing?

Offline DEDwyer64

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 10:36:52 AM »
Wow! I really like this new feature. There was some stuff i missed so thanks! But I have some constructive criticism. The sound effects are too loud compared to the narration. (the swoop noise, crickets, elevator music, intro and outro music) But other than that I'm excited to see more of this on the site! Great Job!  :D

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 12:29:44 PM »
Weird. I had a rather similiar idea like this and mentioned it in an e-mail I sent in last week to the NWR_Job Application e-mail. Never heard back and now this. Time to get the lawyers. Who wants to represent me?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Norex

• View Profile
    • NintendoWorldReport
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 04:06:57 PM »
Weird. I had a rather similiar idea like this and mentioned it in an e-mail I sent in last week to the NWR_Job Application e-mail. Never heard back and now this. Time to get the lawyers. Who wants to represent me?
Well, great minds do think alike! I've been working on the series for much longer than a week and actually brought the idea up to Neal after the Wii U Experience in NYC about a month ago, plus, don't have access to NWR's job email account so don't worry... no conspiracy here lol. Thanks for the feedback though!

Wow! I really like this new feature. There was some stuff i missed so thanks! But I have some constructive criticism. The sound effects are too loud compared to the narration. (the swoop noise, crickets, elevator music, intro and outro music) But other than that I'm excited to see more of this on the site! Great Job!  :D

I'll definitely iron that stuff out, glad to hear you like it! I personally thought I sound bored as hell lol...

Great start! Learned a few things I missed during the week. Good editing, to the point, but not needlessly frenetic. Nice style, graphics, music. Look forward to next week's episode. :)

What software did you use in the editing?

Well I look forward to bringing you this week's episode!!! Thanks for the kind words, you don't know how much I appreciate it. On a side note I use a combination of software, mostly Photoshop for the graphics and then I finalize it in After Effects.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 05:35:16 PM by Norex »

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 09:12:43 PM »
Yeah, I didn't actually think you saw the idea from me and immediately decided to implement it in a week. I'm just surprised that an idea I was pitching already had something like it in the works. That's cool.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 09:50:37 PM »
I like the idea of $50 games too but... I lived through the N64 generation, so I know that even at $60 I'm going to buy a lot of these titles...
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Norex

• View Profile
    • NintendoWorldReport
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 03:21:12 AM »
Yeah, I didn't actually think you saw the idea from me and immediately decided to implement it in a week. I'm just surprised that an idea I was pitching already had something like it in the works. That's cool.

I know lol, I was just havin' some fun, I wonder how similar the pitches actually were? If you want, you can send it directly to me at ariel@nintendoworldreport.com so I can compare our pitches.

I like the idea of $50 games too but... I lived through the N64 generation, so I know that even at $60 I'm going to buy a lot of these titles...

Yea, honestly this launch line up has me crying... Fifa (want it) ZombiU (want it) Project P100 (want it) Assassin’s Creed III (want it) Pikmin 3 (want it) New Super Marion Bros. U (want it) NBA 2K13 (want it) Lego City: Undercover (want it)... these are all titles that I feel I absolutely can't pass up. At $60 each, I'm looking into a $480 hole lol. At that's not to mention NY tax... ::HARSH:: :'(

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 03:32:16 AM »
New Super Marion Bros. U

I don't know what this game is but I think I want it too!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Norex

• View Profile
    • NintendoWorldReport
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 05:51:18 AM »
New Super Marion Bros. U

I don't know what this game is but I think I want it too!

LOL it's a new BET spin-off staring the Wayans Bros.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2012, 08:29:04 AM »
Dubstep?

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2012, 01:23:24 AM »
Dubstep?

Offline Norex

• View Profile
    • NintendoWorldReport
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 07:47:50 PM »
...Dubstep...