Author Topic: Nintendo Reveals Massive List of Fall Release Dates for Handhelds  (Read 5566 times)

Offline Webmalfunction

• PokĂ©mon World Report
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile

Paper Mario, Professor Layton, and more have release dates set.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/31298

A plethora of release dates have been revealed for Nintendo titles coming out this year on DS, 3DS, and Nintendo eShop.

Notably, key Nintendo titles coming out this fall have been fully dated. Paper Mario: Sticker Star comes out November 11, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask is set for an October 28 release, Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone! is coming October 1, and Freakyforms Deluxe: Your Creations, Alive! releases on November 5.

The full list can be seen below.

UPDATE: We've reached out to Konami regarding Castlevania Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate and we will post a news story when we hear back.

Offline Disco Stu

• Has a Fever for Saturday Night
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Reveals Massive List of Release Dates
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 09:35:27 AM »
I'm quite surprised that Luigi's Mansion 2 has been pushed back to "the first half of 2013," a pretty wide window.  It's a shame, that was the Nintendo-published 3DS title I was most looking forward to this autumn.

Also, what the ****? Castlevania is mentioned precisely zero times in this press release.  Guess that's a 2013 delay as well.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 09:44:28 AM by Disco Stu »
I got hooked on the white stuff back in the 70s.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 10:02:16 AM »
Fluidity: Spin Cycle! Yes Please!

On another note. I'm kind of bummed out about some of the 2012 absences and delays. First Fire Emblem was confirmed to be a 2013 release and now Luigi's Mansion. This year is turning out to be way less cool for the 3DS that it appeared at the start of the year.

I'm glad Miracle Mask has got a date but I played through 3 Layton games last year so I'm kind of burned out.

Really, the only things I'm super excited for are SPM and Power of Illusion...Oh and of course Fluidity: Spin Cycle. F*** Yeah!

Gouge away.

Offline Aero Leviathan

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 10:13:25 AM »
What I want to know is if/when some of the existing 3DS catalogue is going to make it onto the eshop.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 07:46:16 AM by Aero Leviathan »

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 10:26:08 AM »
Well, hopefully the Luigi's Mansion delay is to add Circle Pad Pro support and to add further polish, and not because Nintendo has a weak 3DS Q1 2013.  It's disappointing that it won't arrive this year considering it was one of the games I was interested in when I got my 3DS, but it's not a big deal.  I'm surprised Nintendo's pushed Paper Mario so far back, but I suppose they wanted a healthy buffer between two 3DS Mario games.  Like Disco Stu, I do find the lack of any word on Castlevania: LoS - MoF concerning, considering it was one of the games I bought my 3DS to play.  Hopefully there will be more news on it in the near future re-confirming it for this year.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline nhaines

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 10:37:35 AM »
No Animal Crossing!  D:

Offline Disco Stu

• Has a Fever for Saturday Night
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 10:54:04 AM »
Unless there's some kind of announcement regarding the new Castlevania, that means Paper Mario and Epic Mickey are the only retail 3DS games I foresee purchasing over the last four months of the year.  Kind of sucks...
I got hooked on the white stuff back in the 70s.

Offline Anth0ny

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 11:09:01 AM »
That's a shame. I was looking forward to playing Luigi's Mansion on Halloween!

Nonetheless, Paper Mario will take up a huge chunk of my time this holiday. Oh, and that new console.

Offline HeyItsMe

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 12:04:33 PM »
Interesting  No Luigi's Mansion until 2013 well gives me time to track down the first one and play it Other than that Paper Mario, Professor Layton, Crosswords Plus, and many more games will gobble up my time.

Offline Glad0s

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Reagan's Music Reviews
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 12:28:29 PM »
Is it just me, or is it absolutely hilarious that a Finding Nemo game is coming out 10 YEARS after the original release of the movie?
"Isn't Karl like Mexican or something"

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 12:43:28 PM »
Given that list I'm unlikely to buy any new retail 3DS games for the rest of the year.  A few of the retail games are mildly interesting, but not stuff I'd pay full price for.

Not really a complaint though. Fluidity on the eShop might be cool (please be a whole new game!) and I've got plenty of backlog to play through.  Here's hoping for Monster Hunter, Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem, and Animal Crossing all in 2013!  Not games that appeal to everyone, but that would be a banner year for me...
 ;D
NNID: ejamer

Offline Klonoahedgehog

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2012, 12:58:54 PM »
Looks like the Holiday season is gonna be the busy season for my wallet.....Sigh i better start saving up.

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• Embrace the status quo.
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 01:04:05 PM »
Looks flappin' good to me!  It's amusing how if we weren't getting Code of Princess or Virtue's Last Reward people would be throwing a hissy fit.  But they are coming to NA and people ignore it? Laaaame.

Definitely:
Prof. Layton 5
Virtue's Last Reward
Code of Princess
NSMB2
Unchained Blades

Maybe:
Epic Mickey 3DS
Paper Mario Sticker Star (eventually for sure)
Spy Hunter
Scribblenauts Unlimited
PKMN White 2

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2012, 03:30:30 PM »
Is it just me, or is it absolutely hilarious that a Finding Nemo game is coming out 10 YEARS after the original release of the movie?

It's because Disney is re-releasing the movie in 3D later this year.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 05:19:26 PM »
Anyone else notice that Cave Story is being listed for the eshop for future release?   I wonder what that's about.  Is that "Cave Story +" or is it the 3D retail version?
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2012, 05:20:18 PM »
Still waiting for Unchained Blades... T-T
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2012, 05:45:30 PM »

It's because Disney is re-releasing the movie in 3D later this year.

That could actually be pretty cool. I love that film. Hell, who doesn't?
Gouge away.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2012, 05:52:09 PM »
Anyone else notice that Cave Story is being listed for the eshop for future release?   I wonder what that's about.  Is that "Cave Story +" or is it the 3D retail version?

Yes, it's Cave Story+. They announced back in April it was coming to the eShop ("in a month or so"): http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/30/cave-story-hits-the-3ds-eshop-soon-separate-from-cave-story-3d/
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2012, 06:04:21 PM »

Yes, it's Cave Story+. They announced back in April it was coming to the eShop ("in a month or so"): http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/30/cave-story-hits-the-3ds-eshop-soon-separate-from-cave-story-3d/

Talk about resting on your laurels.
Gouge away.

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2012, 08:43:49 PM »
How likely or unlikely will it be that
Scribblenauts Unlimited has download e-shop version?
Thats exactly the kind of game I want to have on me at all times, but not take up cartridge spot. That spot is precious to me

Offline red14

• Score: -8
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2012, 12:04:04 AM »
It's good to finally know when Paper Mario's coming out. Thanks alot for the info man :D
If you shall force your righteous perspective upon others, which in turn requires an effort to understand, would you do the same? Or presumptuously reject theirs to begin with...?

..Which requires no effort on your part.

What else could you say in a complicated world..

Offline OtakuKoopa

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Reveals Massive List of Fall Release Dates for Handhelds
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2012, 08:57:44 PM »
Code of Princess looks very promising! Can't wait!