Author Topic: Wii Fit U Free Trial Coming to the eShop on November 1  (Read 2102 times)

Offline Steel Diver

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo Gamer Thoughts
Wii Fit U Free Trial Coming to the eShop on November 1
« on: September 18, 2013, 11:04:14 AM »

For $19.99 you can keep it forever.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/35452

Wii Fit U will arrive on the Wii U eShop in the form of a free one month trial on November 1.

The free trial will be available until January 31, 2014 and lasts for one month from the day you download it. You can keep the digital copy by buying a Fit Meter in stores for $19.99 and syncing it with your game.

The Fit Meter, which will come in black or silver, is synced wirelessly through the Wii U GamePad to enhance a user's Activity Log in Wii Fit U and works as a pedometer and activity tracker. It will measure intensity of steps and altitude, and features a "detailed calculation" of calories burned by the user.

Wii Fit U will be available to purchase outside of this offer on December 13 in stores and February 1, 2014 on the eShop.

I'm a staff writer here at good ol' Nintendo World Report, but I also have a Nintendo website at www.nintendogamerthoughts.com

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Re: Wii Fit U Free Trial Coming to the eShop on November 1
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 11:08:42 AM »
20 bucks for the digital version of Wii Fit U, as long as you already have the Wii Balance Board? This is the first time I've ever seen Nintendo ahead of the game with their digital content. With the exception being the 2 week early WW, though.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 11:09:14 AM »
Thinking of getting balance board somewhere... Will just connecting it to Wii U be enough to download free trial?
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 11:16:15 AM »
You don't even need the balance board to download it.

Offline Do_What

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 11:24:17 AM »
I am surprised at nintendo even doing this much. It's baby steps, but it's something. Being able to ingerate with something other than nintendo was too much to ask for though. There's already a lot of pedometer things and little fit bits and nike+ gizmos around and I'm not sure if people will be willing to grab this specific one for a console they don't own yet and a peripheral that's been in their attic for three years.

I will spend $10 on bowling though.
(╯°□°)╯︵ â”»â”â”»

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 11:32:34 AM »
You want Nintendo to make Wii Fit U to work with non-Nintendo products? Why do you think that's reasonable?

Offline Leo13

• Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 11:35:57 AM »
Yes just connect your balance board to wii u and download.

I watched the Nintendo Direct this morning. It mentions that the wii fit meter can tell the difference between walking/running and traveling in a car and it won’t could the car travel. It makes me wonder if it can do any measurements of cycling. If not I’m still good since basketball is my most common form of exercise.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 11:58:16 PM »
There's already a lot of pedometer things and little fit bits and nike+ gizmos around and I'm not sure if people will be willing to grab this specific one for a console they don't own yet and a peripheral that's been in their attic for three years.
And even if you don't use the game, the device is cheaper than those alternatives (and there was a study a few years back that found the Pokéwalker was actually more accurate than similar expensive devices). This is a great deal.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 12:05:46 AM »
Now this is a deal I can get behind.

Nintendo you have my attention, and I possibly a reason to turn on my Wii U atleast 2-3 times a week.