Author Topic: Ridge Racer 3D Interview with Namco's Ryota Toyama  (Read 3141 times)

Offline Penguin_Of_Thyme

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Ridge Racer 3D Interview with Namco's Ryota Toyama
« on: January 24, 2011, 01:28:32 PM »

We have a lengthy chat with Namco's Localization Manager about the upcoming racer.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/24920

Nowadays it would be unusual to not have a Ridge Racer game at (or near) the launch of a new system, as such Namco is developing the new 3DS racer from the ground up. At the recent NYC 3DS preview event, NWR spoke with Ryota Toyama, Namco's Localization Manager, about Ridge Racer 3D and broached a number of topics including making the game more accessible and exchanging ghost data with Street Pass.

Jared Rosenberg
Video Producer, Nintendo World Report

Offline Dannymcl

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Ridge Racer 3D Interview with Namco's Ryota Toyama
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 03:07:31 PM »
Sweet interview, I am a big racing game fan. I think that ridge racer won't really have the graphical prowess of the Asphalt game and the whole "licensed cars" thing though so could be a let down. All in all I might pick it up but for me Asphalt is the better game here.
Danny "The Scotsman" McL

Offline Dannymcl

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 03:14:51 PM »
I forgot to mention, what they have done is a cheap game made cheaply. Basically what they have done is taken bits from mariokart and the NFS team stuff and made a shameless piece of plagiarism rip off crap.
Danny "The Scotsman" McL

Offline xxbrothawizxx

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 04:08:16 PM »
so does it have online or not? :-\ that is really gonna affect my decision to buy this game.

Offline xxbrothawizxx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 04:16:04 PM »
Also, if you had Asphalt on the iphone you would know that the 3DS asphalt is more of a port than this Ridge Racer

Offline xxbrothawizxx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 04:16:55 PM »
I forgot to mention, what they have done is a cheap game made cheaply. Basically what they have done is taken bits from mariokart and the NFS team stuff and made a shameless piece of plagiarism rip off crap.
Also, if you had Asphalt on the iphone you would know that the 3DS asphalt is more of a port than this Ridge Racer

Offline xxbrothawizxx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 04:17:57 PM »
Sweet interview, I am a big racing game fan. I think that ridge racer won't really have the graphical prowess of the Asphalt game and the whole "licensed cars" thing though so could be a let down. All in all I might pick it up but for me Asphalt is the better game here.
Also, if you had Asphalt on the iphone you would know that the 3DS asphalt is more of a port than this Ridge Racer. All that was improved in asphalt at the moment seems to be the framerate and 1 or 2 new stages

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 04:19:58 PM »
Also, if you had Asphalt on the iphone you would know that the 3DS asphalt is more of a port than this Ridge Racer. All that was improved in asphalt at the moment seems to be the framerate and 1 or 2 new stages

And stereoscopic 3D visuals, and physical controls...
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 05:22:23 PM »
Both RIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER and Asphalt have online modes.

At least they did as of June when last I saw them.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report