Author Topic: Nintendo Free Radio 97: Slam Dunk Power Play  (Read 1672 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Nintendo Free Radio 97: Slam Dunk Power Play
« on: August 24, 2017, 10:56:52 PM »
Download (Time: 1:55:20)

An apt description of Pyre's game, if you add an equal sign.

A very brief summer doldrums edition of Nintendo Free Radio awaits this week as we don't even clear the two hour barrier. But it's packed with action. New Business is mostly Donald to start as he gives a quick Splatoon 2 update before rolling into Ever Oasis and Monster Hunter Stories's demo (full impressions here) as the 3DS lives despite some people's best efforts. Austen talks visual novel/NBA Jam hybrid Pyre - it'll make sense - and after some quick updates wraps the segment with permadeath faker Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice.

Whatcha' Watchin comes close to a Donald Sports-Ent Minute with GLOW (the 2017 Netflix show, not the promotion itself), before Austen runs wild on Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders and the first season of the groin-grabbingly popular anime My Hero Academia. Then it's straight into the Mushrooms as we call out Telltale, celebrate Kickstarters, and Donald transitions from on severance to on vacation. And for the record, Agents of Mayhem's review embargo was midnight Pacific time on the 15th (so after it launched), and the best price we've seen in the interim is $43.74 on WinGamesStore for the PC version.

Have something we can discuss to get back past 120 minutes? Drop us a line, either via email or the comments.

This podcast was recorded on August 13 and was edited by Donald Theriault.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.