Author Topic: Nintendo DS official website (in USA)  (Read 2493 times)

Offline VideoGamerJ

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Nintendo DS official website (in USA)
« on: November 04, 2004, 08:03:37 PM »
We've all seen the awesome Japanese website for the Nintendo DS, now the USA site is complete and ready for showing

www.nintendods.com

In my opinion, this flash website is amazing. It doesn't give much information (other than what I already knew), but the feeling and atmosphere this gives is simply stunning. Does anybody else feel this way.

(I wasn't sure if this was brought up, but I looked around and found nothing so I created a topic about it.)

Offline Edfishy

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Nintendo DS official website (in USA)
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 08:59:13 PM »
Gives the facts while providing a fun interface, and some flashy graphics.  Should work well for the average gamer.

Pretty danged unique if you ask me, much better than Nintendo's previous attempts.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 04:41:16 AM »
I think the US DS site is very nifty and nicely plotted out and done.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 06:03:43 AM »
I like the experience of the webpage.  You do feel like you are on a journey, exploring something new and fun, but the information on the page is very limited, and not very personable.  

I think the Nintendo Japan DS website is the best Nintendo website I have been too.  It had a very abstract feel.  You just felt like you were floating within navigation.  As well the information was very personable.  You not only saw information about games, but you experienced others enjoying the system.  You became emotional as you saw their emotions.

I really wish Nintendo of America would do something similar with the American DS website.  It would add to the experience.

I do find it odd that the DS American website actually achieves a completely different feel from the US advertising on the web and on television.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 06:51:46 AM »
I've been to both, and I personally prefer the American.  The language thing was probably a factor, though.
It's very cool, the style of it and the music.  Well done, and I think it does a good job explaining what everything does.  I learned a few new things (not many, but some) and felt it described everything well enough.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Lost101

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Nintendo DS official website (in USA)
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2004, 07:12:19 AM »
Yeah, I like the site alot.  If you are trying to explain why the DS has features like the ones it does just tell them to go to the site and it explains it really well.  The only thing is that the information it has (while great for DS newbies) is very limited.  No games, no videos of people playing, hell not even any screenshots.  And to be honest, I was hoping that when youve gone to ever part of the site you would "unlock" a new part of the site at the end (since it seemed to keep track of where you had been).  
Animal Crossing Wild World code:

3608  4016  4604

Name: Fausto
Town: Tatooine

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2004, 08:28:38 AM »

Yeah, I like the site alot. If you are trying to explain why the DS has features like the ones it does just tell them to go to the site and it explains it really well. The only thing is that the information it has (while great for DS newbies) is very limited. No games, no videos of people playing, hell not even any screenshots. And to be honest, I was hoping that when youve gone to ever part of the site you would "unlock" a new part of the site at the end (since it seemed to keep track of where you had been).

Um, yeah there are.  Take a gander.  Up at the top where it says Touch the DS.  Click it, and it has games, including screenshots, videos, developer information (who's making what games), and info on Pictochat.
That should be a bit more clear, though.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>